#37 Sam Iles

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Cathalyst

Post by Cathalyst »

Robert Walls (not really) wrote:Guerra was an option too.

Or just draft him in the original draft.

If he was so good, why let every other team have the chance to have a crack at him?
Because it is not an exact science, if it was James Hird would not have gone at pick 79 or Davey would not have made it to the rookie draft
uey

Post by uey »

great news to hear about sammys engagement
NICKS BB 2007 PP Scott Pendlebury
Robert Walls (not really)

Post by Robert Walls (not really) »

Cathalyst wrote:
Robert Walls (not really) wrote:Guerra was an option too.

Or just draft him in the original draft.

If he was so good, why let every other team have the chance to have a crack at him?
Because it is not an exact science, if it was James Hird would not have gone at pick 79 or Davey would not have made it to the rookie draft
Then your whole arguement is thrown out the window.

If you want someone, you draft him.

Like a butterfly, if you let him go. He is no longer yours.

You are saying it doesn't matter where someone goes in the draft. I am saying you are a fool if you like a player and give another team the chance to draft him.
leonmagic

Post by leonmagic »

is every damn thread on this site just a bullshit conversation between RW and cathalyst?

seriously its beyond a joke.

leonmagic wrote:is every &^*%$^%$ing thread on this site just a bullshit conversation between RW and cathalyst?
Yes.
Last edited by Robert Walls (not really) on Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lone Ranger
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Lone Ranger »

His first few kicks werent good, then he settled and his disposal was fine. Exactly what you might expect from a first gamer.

Missed a target in the last quarter by 10 metres and the ball went down for the Hentschell goal.

If Illes doesn't hit targets, he wont be there long. Like Rysche Shaw is now on the scrap heap.

I will give him one thing, he is prepared to take players on.

But in such an important game we shouldn't be giving the ball to a first gamer and asking him to win it for us.

Where were the so-called big names. Having a night off? Disappointing.
Last edited by Robert Walls (not really) on Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cathalyst

Post by Cathalyst »

Robert Walls (not really) wrote:

You are saying it doesn't matter where someone goes in the draft. I am saying you are a fool if you like a player and give another team the chance to draft him.
Did you even follow what was going on? We kept that place open in case a decent player became available in the PSD *sheesh*

Cathalyst wrote:
Robert Walls (not really) wrote:

Did you even follow what was going on? We kept that place open in case a decent player became available in the PSD *sheesh*
And therefore gave the chance to another team to pick up Sam Illes which was dum, dum, dum if we thought he was such a supperstar.

Get with the program buddy, I am leaving you in my slipstream. 8)
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

Lone Ranger wrote:His first few kicks werent good, then he settled and his disposal was fine. Exactly what you might expect from a first gamer.
I like to socialize.
Lone Ranger

Post by Lone Ranger »

Do you not understand we had to keep a PSD pick up our sleeves in case a big name fell out with their club and nominated for the draft?

Lone Ranger wrote:Do you not understand we had to keep a PSD pick up our sleeves in case a big name fell out with their club and nominated for the draft?
So we lose Sam Illes? A player who is meant to be the next Chris Judd.

It doesn't make sense. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Lone Ranger

Post by Lone Ranger »

Who ever said he was the next Chris Judd???? Every time you are losing a debate, you throw in crap.

Lone Ranger wrote:Who ever said he was the next Chris Judd???? Every time you are losing a debate, you throw in crap.
So you were prepared to give up Sam Illes for an ordinary player in the PSD. If you liked him that much you should have drafted him originally.

You don't deserve a player as good as Sam Illes.
lethalburns

Post by lethalburns »

Malthouse obviously has a lot of respect for the kid. He had a lot of time on the ground and was expected to pull his weight.

Whilst he did spray his first couple of kicks it is important to remember that the tempo of the game influenced the disposal of seniors.

What stood out for me is that he improved as the game went on and you could see he was growing in confidence.

He has toe, and a penetrating kick. He is also hard at the ball. He could be anything.

To be suggesting we should not have drafted this potentially rough diamond is a bit odd.

To be honest with you, this kids first game impressed me alot more than the much hyped Pendles.