An idea (chants)

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

Johnson#26

An idea (chants)

Post by Johnson#26 »

In light of the way Melbourne supporters cry 'Ooooze' when Adem Yze wins the ball, the Bulldog supporters 'Cooooooon' for Adam Cooney, do those in the know reckon that a cry of 'Toooooooveees' is applicable for young Alan Toovey.
zoia

Post by zoia »

we already do that 1
~Madness~

Post by ~Madness~ »

I could already hear that yesterday Johnno...even us up the N sections were crying out Toooooooooovey!!!!
"whaaa whaaaaaa!
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Fair enough - I thought I heard sections call it out, but wasn't aware that it was set in stone. :)
Peter

Post by Peter »

Great to get the word out would sound good if the entire ground was doing it...nice post all the same....
YESTERDAY is history
TOMORROW in a mystery
TODAY IS A GIFT
WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE PRESENT
"Life is meant to be lived";LIVE FOR TODAY
Dragme
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Dragme »

We have been doing it for a while as well. It is starting to catch on. My question is how does this affect the player?

I suppose it depends on the individual, some would get a buz and others may get the yips. I would freak if 50,000 pies supporters screammed at me but it would sound awesome.
Born, Live and Die a Magpie
~Madness~

Post by ~Madness~ »

Dragme wrote: I would freak if 50,000 pies supporters screammed at me but it would sound awesome.
Thats why you're not out there. lol
"whaaa whaaaaaa!
georgejason

One step further

Post by georgejason »

I think we should also hold up two sets of two fingers (i.e Two V's)...at Collingwood we always do things bigger and better so why stop at the ToooooVeeeyyyyyy.
Stop kicking wide and go down the centre!