VFL

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

PieGirl39

VFL

Post by PieGirl39 »

A great game yesterday against Port Melbourne... Browny kicked 6 goals and looks a certainty for the seniors again next weekend, everyone played well generally for a thumping win... unfortunately though Rhyce Shaw suffered a heavy clash with a Port player and left the field in first quarter, with a suspected broken collarbone... let's hope it's just bruising. Does anyone else have any news on this?
paul

Post by paul »

Balmey said at the rally that Shaw would miss about 6. The prognosis on Wasley is for about the same period.
AlfAndrews

Post by AlfAndrews »

Hello, Pie Girl 39

I went to Port Melbourne too and I enjoyed the match a lot. I liked the relaxed atmosphere and I really think the VFL will be very popular. And didn't they play well, although they slackened off a bit towards the end of 3rd quarter. Rowdy - fantastic!

The Herald Sun reported the crowd as approx. 3,500. A bit generous, maybe? I'm not used to the Port ground so it's hard to judge. But if there really was 3,500 that's a great sign. Carlton and Box Hill pulled 650 to Waverley on Monday night. Ha Ha Ha! How embarrassing for them. About 1 person for every 100 seats.

I'm looking forward to the match at Williamstown on 2 April. The AFL team's in Sydney that week so I'll need my fix of "live" footy. And I think Willy's got a big following so it should be a good crowd again.

I'm still working hard on the thesis, Pie Girl.

------------------
**floreat pica**
Spidergirl

Post by Spidergirl »

That would be right everybody just damm well neglect how well RICKY played!!!

#8 RoCkS
Go RiCkY!
Broadie

Post by Broadie »

Spidergirl,

There's a very good reason for that:
he didn't.

I couldn't herlp but observe that his endeavour and skills were more on a par with the Port players than his team-mates.

To put it bluntly, he was softer than a marshmallow, and the only pack he'll dive into will contain a use-by date.

Sorry, but that's how it was last Saturday.