#43,#18,#9 Marty Clarke

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

xtcc wrote:How good is that. 2nd game. Marty & the club should be very proud.
Can you ask me more precisely?
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

This surely is an incredible batch of kids--the kind I always used to envy other clubs such as West Coast for being able to recruit.
sq3

Post by sq3 »

Too true Zakal - as I have said many times before Cox is the closest thing I have seen to a young Kouta - tall, fast, big wing span and a really balanced runner who just seems to swoop on the ball.

With his ruck background in WA he could be a cross between Kouta and Goodes - either way we win.

Goldie is a gem and he played really well on Buddy - last weekend.

Clarke is a real find and will be a real star in the midfield.
nomadjack

Post by nomadjack »

Good news and well deserved. Anyone else find it odd that neither the Age nor Herald Sun websites have announced Clarke's nomination yet? It is 3 hours after SEN announced it. Perhaps they're too busy going through Didak's rubbish bin.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

Cox is a mirror image to Goodes, the similarities are there. The 1 handed pick up, the overarm shimmy and the way he moves in general are parallel to what i think Goodes would have looked like in his 1st year. He doesnt have bad decision making, his decision making is fantastic, its attacking, creates and looks to space and takes players on, its perfect, i would bet he is not used to getting stoped like he is in the AFL sometimes, that will change with experiance.

Goldsack hits the ground running all the time, and has good closing speed, total jack in the box and abit of a surprise, could be anything.

iClarke is a freak, a small evolution in the game, like the ipod was to the music industry. In shock and dont believe my eyes. He must have a huge desire to succeed, so he is going to be a total champion and i have no resolutions about saying he will be a star of the game within 2-3 years.

win lose or draw there is not 1 game we can walk away losers, they can have the 4 points, we can keep pumping experience into the best crop of kids the AFL has ever seen.
Streak

Post by Streak »

Begorrah! This little emerald is the size of a leprechaun, but he's our little pot of gold!
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

He's "My Favourite Martin".
Joel

Post by Joel »

He is a freak. Looks very composed, has great skills, can take a strong mark, and kicks straight.

Well done.

On the recruiting side of things - we need to give the guys a payrise and ensure they stay with us.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Well deserved nomination, and let's hope he keeps up the form and has a great first season :D (hopefully culminating in a premiership win ;))
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

http://collingwoodfc.com.au/Season2007/ ... wsId=46445

Good to Hear his Brother and Sister is coming over for him!

His Brother plays Galiec Footy Too
I am Da Man
bazdaddy

Post by bazdaddy »

Very well deserved. His first 2 games have been nothing short of brilliant for someone who has played so little of the game.
The black & white jumper, worn by heroes worshipped by millions.
Cannibal

Post by Cannibal »

Terrific. Congratulations to the young fella!

2 nominations in one year, with Pendles a big chance to win it after Heater's near miss last year. Good stuff!
Glory Glory Good Old Collingwood, Glory Glory Hallelujah,
Collingwood's The Greatest Team The World Has Ever Seen,
And The 'Pies Go Marching On (in Black and White Stripes Forever!).
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Onya, Marty. That's a much deserved reward, too. Keep it going.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

and Goldsack really has to get one by the end of the year, too (should have been nominated last week...)

Yep, it's a good sign :)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Kermit Brereton

Post by Kermit Brereton »

Dave The Man wrote:http://collingwoodfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/5586/Default.aspx?newsId=46445

Good to Hear his Brother and Sister is coming over for him!

His Brother plays Galiec Footy Too
We should sign up the both of them.