1st Final

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

1st Final

Post by Dave The Man »

Who do we play?
I am Da Man
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Williamstown play Sandringham.
jonesy86

Post by jonesy86 »

Carn' the PIES!!!!
JAJH

Post by JAJH »

Why the hell can't the brainstrust of VFL look at the location of the final's venues? There's 2 games on Saturday, one at Teac Oval and one at Trevor barker Oval which gives Sandringham an unfair home ground advantage. Surely, the logical thing to do was switch the games to opposite venues, then no-one gets the advantage. That's gotta be a no-brainer??
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Sandy is Going to be Hard
I am Da Man
jonesy86

Post by jonesy86 »

JAJH wrote:Why the hell can't the brainstrust of VFL look at the location of the final's venues? There's 2 games on Saturday, one at Teac Oval and one at Trevor barker Oval which gives Sandringham an unfair home ground advantage. Surely, the logical thing to do was switch the games to opposite venues, then no-one gets the advantage. That's gotta be a no-brainer??
First week of finals 2 teams always have home advantage...this is the first time Sandringham have played a home final, which after 3 premierships in a row i think they deserve

last season Frankston played an elimination final at home and Northern Bullants played a home qualifying final against Williamstown after they finished on top

regardless of results all finals in week 2 and 3 of finals are at Port Melbourne
Carn' the PIES!!!!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

JAJH wrote:Why the hell can't the brainstrust of VFL look at the location of the final's venues? There's 2 games on Saturday, one at Teac Oval and one at Trevor barker Oval which gives Sandringham an unfair home ground advantage. Surely, the logical thing to do was switch the games to opposite venues, then no-one gets the advantage. That's gotta be a no-brainer??
But isn't this the same in a lot of the leagues with the top team getting a home ground advantage? But just imagine this, yesterday at Bellerive the curtain raiser the home side Clarence finished below North Hobart, but they still played it at Bellerive, now that was unfair advantage.
JAJH

Post by JAJH »

I suppose I just simply don't believe a team should get a home ground advantage because of where they may have ended up on the ladder. Having said that, my argument will be shot to pieces if the Pies get to the Grand Final and play on the MCG against an interstate team in front of a largely parochial 100,000 fans???
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

JAJH wrote:I suppose I just simply don't believe a team should get a home ground advantage because of where they may have ended up on the ladder. Having said that, my argument will be shot to pieces if the Pies get to the Grand Final and play on the MCG against an interstate team in front of a largely parochial 100,000 fans???
I agree with what you say, I think that a neutral ground should be used during a finals match, though sometimes if a team has a home ground that is also used as the league's home ground it makes it hard to be that.

I guess in some cases there is really no advantage unless it's a team moving from a small ground to a larger one (i.e Sydney form the S.C.G to M.C.G, etc.) but I guess in the AFL's case the only way they could settle that is to move it to a bigger ground somewhere else (New Zealand perhaps?)
ad4eva

Post by ad4eva »

im happy there playing at Sandy coz thats the closest ground to me :P

go willy!
WKB

Post by WKB »

the amazing thing is we make the finals and are playing the top team and the winner of the last 3 premierships and we still can't get the TV game.
jonesy86

Post by jonesy86 »

WKB wrote:the amazing thing is we make the finals and are playing the top team and the winner of the last 3 premierships and we still can't get the TV game.
we have the double chance, so win or lose we will be on tv for the next game
Carn' the PIES!!!!
magpiesgirl

Post by magpiesgirl »

Glad its at Sandy,20 mins away from me,will definitly be heading down
Dale61

Post by Dale61 »

So, finals should be played on neutral grounds, eh!

Where would Collingwood play then?
Whale
Oil
Beef
Hooked
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

Dale61 wrote:So, finals should be played on neutral grounds, eh!

Where would Collingwood play then?
MCG :lol: :lol: