Collingwood players eligible for VFL finals

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

jonesy86

Collingwood players eligible for VFL finals

Post by jonesy86 »

20 Collingwood players have 'qualified' to play in the VFL finals (if Collingwood is still alive then it is an 'open door' policy)

Nathan Brown
Chris Bryan
Nathan Buckley
Martin Clarke
Ryan Cook
Shannon Cox
Ben Davies
Chris Dawes
Brad Dick
Chris Egan
Sam Iles
Ryan Lonie
Brent Macaffer
Daniel Nicholls
Ben Reid
Guy Richards
Sean Rusling
Danny Stanley
Alan Toovey
Sharrod Wellingham

however in the finals the 12-10 rule applies meaning a maximum of 12 AFL listed players can play and a minimum of 10 VFL listed players must play...with Williamstown reserves in the finals as well those not selected will be able to play in that

in bold are the 12 players i think they will go with, if Collingwood's season is over...rookie listed players will miss out, and 1st year players with the exception of Rusling who will be resting IMO
Carn' the PIES!!!!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Does the cap apply to the VFL reserves as well?
jonesy86

Post by jonesy86 »

im guessing that if both Williamstown seniors and reserves are still in the finals, then the players that are eligible can freely move between the 2 levels
Carn' the PIES!!!!
mickyg

Post by mickyg »

i think the worry for willy will be the lack of key defenders. Presti and wakes dont qualify do they?
we were a little exsposed by sautner on the wk end. although toovey and cox were solid, they arent big boys, perhaps lonie could take on a key role later in the finals if need be.
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

I thought Wakelin would have been able to play. Didnt he play alot of games for Willi this year? Still id rather have him in the Pies lineup atm!
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
okjoe

Post by okjoe »

I think Ryan Cook has more than earnt his place in the team to play in the finals.
Gulls

Post by Gulls »

All the talk about who is available is now redundant now that Collingwood have made the Prelim. Final.
All Collingwood players are now available fro selection at Williamstown should Williamstown make the Grand Final. Remember in 2003 when Andrew Williams played his only game for Williamstown in the Grand Final and there was a great debate about it.

If the Williamstown reserves get through as well then Collingwood listed players would be eligible to play with them as well. :)
magpiesgirl

Post by magpiesgirl »

I know it wont happen,but how shitty would the other team be if Willy brought Bucks in for one game for them?