Week 3 VFL Finals

All things Williamstown - once Collingwood's VFL partner.

Moderator: bbmods

jonesy86

Week 3 VFL Finals

Post by jonesy86 »

Carn' the PIES!!!!
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Coburg? After what they did to us last time, not the best of opponents, would have obviously preferred Port :P

Toughest part for the seagulls is apparently if we lose Fri night the open door policy ends for selection even on the same weekend, should we win and Willy and Cats win, then the loser of the prelim will possibly have to make last minute changes to their VFL sides before the grand final
jonesy86

Post by jonesy86 »

no way can the 'open door' policy change if the AFL side loses a day or 2 before the VFL game...it would be chaos for the clubs involved

it is not like if the AFL side loses on friday night they are going to rush 6 or 7 players who qualify back to play VFL 2 days later, the teams will be picked on merit as the best 22 will play AFL and the VFL won't be stacked
Carn' the PIES!!!!
magpiemike
Been liked: 4 times

Post by magpiemike »

I see the Towners game is on VICTORIAN ABC TV. Any guru's out there know how us poor cousins on the west coast can get it? Sopcast doesn't cut it...

I'd love to see it!!
jonesy86

Post by jonesy86 »

it might get replayed during the week on ABC2...depends which is the better final
Carn' the PIES!!!!
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Carn TOwners!
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Gulls

Post by Gulls »

FYI
The senior game as listed on the VFL site and the Williamstown web site is now starting at 1:10pm not 2:10pm as previously mentioned. See everyone there
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

wot street is the port melb oval on for any 1 that knows.

i know there is a tram stop near by as well and wot stop is it called.

i mite come down on sunday. got cricket praccy 1st but mite not go in turn going to the footy. but at this stage footy is winning
zoia

Post by zoia »

u get a tram there mick i get it from box hill its the last stop i know that
willl

Post by willl »

-magpies are 2 good- wrote:wot street is the port melb oval on for any 1 that knows.

i know there is a tram stop near by as well and wot stop is it called.

i mite come down on sunday. got cricket praccy 1st but mite not go in turn going to the footy. but at this stage footy is winning
The Port Melbourne (TEAC) Oval is on Williamstown Road in Port Melbourne.

The tram stop is called Beacon Cove, and the tram is the 109 from Box Hill. The tram stops near Station Pier (where The Spirit of Tassie docks).

Here's the map for the tram line:
http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/maps ... s/tram_109

Ok, have a look at the following map: http://tinyurl.com/2hrh9m

It'll show you where the tram stops at, and then follow that blue line, that should lead you to the Port Melbourne/Teac Oval. Should be fairly easy to follow. Basically, there is a pathway from the tram stop that runs along side the track, just walk it.

Actually, on a second look. It's closer if you get off at the Raglan Street Stop (the second last station aka North Port Station) and walk towards the ground. That is, get off at the Raglan St stop, and walk up Raglan St towards Williamstown Rd. Once you hit Williamstown Rd, it should be just across the road from you.
luvlicca

Post by luvlicca »

The last couple of weeks they have shown both finals one on the wednesday and one on the saturday night on abc2. So I would think they would do the same again, just depends which game they show on which night!!!
- Thanks for the memories Licca - I'm gonna miss you!!! - Bring on 2008 - Nick Maxwell has my vote for Captain -
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

jonesy86 wrote:no way can the 'open door' policy change if the AFL side loses a day or 2 before the VFL game...it would be chaos for the clubs involved

it is not like if the AFL side loses on friday night they are going to rush 6 or 7 players who qualify back to play VFL 2 days later, the teams will be picked on merit as the best 22 will play AFL and the VFL won't be stacked
Thats what Inside Football was claiming at the beginning of the finals campaign that if Geelong lost the AFL prelim they would have to change their side for the VFL grand final
Gulls

Post by Gulls »

Willl
Actually, on a second look. It's closer if you get off at the Raglan Street Stop (the second last station aka North Port Station) and walk towards the ground. That is, get off at the Raglan St stop, and walk up Raglan St towards Williamstown Rd. Once you hit Williamstown Rd, it should be just across the road from you.
This is the stop - The VFL record that is linked in the VFL site has a map