Cheer Squad "Uniform"

A forum for the use of Collingwood's Cheer Squad - and for anyone else who would like to comment on or contact the Cheer Squad.

Moderator: bbmods

Euge

Cheer Squad "Uniform"

Post by Euge »

Dear All

I want to explore the possibility of a cheer squad members' uniform...by this, I mean one top that is worn by every member of the cheer squad at selected games...I do look on in envy at some of the soccer clubs where their cheer squads seem to be one mass of the one uniform. It would be unrealistic to expect that one top could be worn at every game - but i would also consider this (as long as the top had black and white verticals!!!). On one view, we could simply have a special cheer squad collingwood jumper - however, not everyone will wear a footy jumper. I was thinking of a T shirt or windcheater type top - the problem of course is that the weather or the conditions will come in to play. it may be that we could wear a specific T shirt (polo top) at selected Telstra games (where the roof is generally closed) - Let me know your thoughts on this issue.

Thanks
Euge
Carders

Post by Carders »

In the past the cheersquad has been given a spray jacket (2005) and in 2003 we were all given either a black or white polo with cheersqaud and collingwood insignia on it.

I reckon some kind of jumper would be good, remember we are playing winter. Although the ultimate would be a cheersquad scarf, that is what all the supporter groups in the soccer have, i.e. the Kop for liverpool even the BWB for the victory have their own scarf. Just an idea but it would probably be shot down knowing the anti soccer sentiment present on this site. But yh thats my 2 cents.
Side By Side We Stick TOGETHER..............
JBJ

Post by JBJ »

I've also been very envious of other cheersquads with their mass of colour. Being black and white we all seem to blend in to the crowd, BUT with everyone wearing Collingwood jumpers I think it would look just....GREAT! You would really be able to see the mass of verticle black and white stripes.

No red/yellow/green etc. etc. caps or t-shirts underneath just to stand out on TV.

I know that the new style ladies long sleeve jumpers that are made of the lighter material do flatter the more mature figure :) , and they could still be worn at TD because of their light weight. If it's cold at the G just pile on the skivvies underneath. If it rains then everyone uses their ponchos (white) on top ....

Sounds terrific to me!
cobood

Post by cobood »

JBJ wrote:I've also been very envious of other cheersquads with their mass of colour. Being black and white we all seem to blend in to the crowd, BUT with everyone wearing Collingwood jumpers I think it would look just....GREAT! You would really be able to see the mass of verticle black and white stripes.

No red/yellow/green etc. etc. caps or t-shirts underneath just to stand out on TV. I know that the new style ladies long sleeve jumpers that are made of the lighter material do flatter the more mature figure :) , and they could still be worn at TD because of their light weight. If it's cold at the G just pile on the skivvies underneath. If it rains then everyone uses their ponchos (white) on top ....

Sounds terrific to me!
*claps JBJ* and Ditto

although I really do like my Collingwood (AFL) raincoat that was available a cple of years ago... It is warm and completely waterproof whatsmore it HAS pockets, I think it retailed at the merchandise store at around $110 couldve been cheaper, unlike the FUBU spray jacket that was issued in 05 stylish but absolutely useless.

fabulous thought Euge I just hope everyone embraces the idea....
....Collingwood Forever....
....Premiers 2010/
magpie_born_and_bred

Post by magpie_born_and_bred »

Euge, i Like the ideas mate.

What I think should happen is we could get polo tops, with magpie army on the back at the top and a massive 08 in the middle.

But what I think needs to happen to make us stand out, is just to forbid entry into the ponsford stand for anyone not wearing black and white, wear the colours, stand out, it will be awesome!
We are the army, the Magpie Army, and we are mental, and we are mad, we are the loyalist football supporters, THE WORLD HAS EVER HAD!
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

magpie_born_and_bred wrote:Euge, i Like the ideas mate.

What I think should happen is we could get polo tops, with magpie army on the back at the top and a massive 08 in the middle.

But what I think needs to happen to make us stand out, is just to forbid entry into the ponsford stand for anyone not wearing black and white, wear the colours, stand out, it will be awesome!
will u have to STOP getting ideas from the victory in the soccer!

the 1st idea u said has been taken by the victory.
magpie_born_and_bred

dude, they dont have anything on their merchandise referring to what season it is, and this has nothing to do with victory.

obviously we want to all be black and white instead of gay purple and yellow!

The idea is like a year 12 end of year jumper with the large numbers of the season, and we should be called the MAGPIE ARMY which is what we are, not the SILENT ARMY.
We are the army, the Magpie Army, and we are mental, and we are mad, we are the loyalist football supporters, THE WORLD HAS EVER HAD!
magpie_born_and_bred

Euge, if you could please contact me at willow_carison@hotmail.com in regards to ideas for next year, that would be great!
Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

lol will. u saying victory supporters dont have anything on the back of tshirts?

bwb 08 or something is on the back of their tshirts for the ppl who have got one.

its funny u say to me that victory chant alot and then on here u say that the victory are the silent one's.

it has to be a good idea for it to work. THEN you have to get people in the cheersquad to actually wear it. even the randoms that sit in cheersquad every now and again
cobood

Post by cobood »

^ yea luv them!
....Premiers 2010/
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Chuck in a nice Hymn book with the new uniform Euge so we can get some nice songs and chants happening!
Thanks mate.

Love the whole idea for the uniform, and it should be mandatory to wear it on the chosen day!
cobood

Post by cobood »

joffa corfe wrote:Chuck in a nice Hymn book with the new uniform Euge so we can get some nice songs and chants happening!
Thanks mate.
:shock: :lol: :wink:
....Premiers 2010/
sam.

Post by sam. »

magpie_born_and_bred wrote:Euge, i Like the ideas mate.

so you're expecting everyone to buy new stuff every year?
Sam
"I've had enough of having nothing, I won't take just anything. I got my mind set on something, all I want is everything. All I want is everything."
magpie_born_and_bred

Well possibly we may get a gift from the club???? along with our members caps

Joffa, the hymn book is coming along nicely, Eugene, i need to speak to you about handing out chant books next season! Speak soon.
Will.
cobood

Post by cobood »

Will you are just being silly now... The club owes us nothing...

Dont expect freebies... none of us do... If you want something you have to be prepared to pay for it!

That's what life is all about!
....Premiers 2010/