Australia blows it again

Keep up to date with all the latest news and results in the Premier and A-League.

Moderator: bbmods

AlfAndrews

Australia blows it again

Post by AlfAndrews »

OK, I know this isn't exactly English Premier League but I had to write about it somewhere and this seemed the best place.

Once again Australia has failed to get the bickies after completely dominating a match against a more highly-fancied opponent.

Last year we had Brazil struggling in a match at the MCG, only to relinquish a commanding lead and have to settle for a draw.

And the memories of that World Cup Qualifier against Iran are just too painful to talk about.

Last night, I firmly believe we were the better side against Italy. And yet we're losers again. We had any number of chances to score during that match but just couldn't finish off our work. Then one pissy mistake just hands the Italians a goal with about 10 minutes to go. OK, I know a few chances went begging for Italy as well, but really, I thought we bloody killed them everywhere but on the scoreboard.

What's wrong with the Australian soccer team? Are they scared of success or something?

Damn ... Damn ... Damn ... Damn
jeff#2001

Post by jeff#2001 »

yep totally agree alf

and to think i was there at the MCG when iran
came from nowhere to eliminate us from world cup
it still hurts that one....

GO AUSSIES
its not over yet!!!
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

Didn't see any (or hear much) on it. I s'pose they've got to just learn how to win on the G. it took another team I follow a few years though!
eMmA

Post by eMmA »

yeah australia sure were the better side and i believe too that they should have won!!!!!but unfortunatly the scoreboard was a totally different story!!!i go for italia but i think that the aussies should have won that one.

LATERZ

SAV IS SEXY-->36 UNTIL FOREVER-->ROCCA BROS ROCK MY WORLD!!!!
NICK THE PIE MAN

Post by NICK THE PIE MAN »

Yeah, i would be pretty proud too if i was Italy, one of the best sides in the world came close to drawing or even losing to a country were soccer isn't the main code.