Race for Champion's League Places

Keep up to date with all the latest news and results in the Premier and A-League.

Moderator: bbmods

DIPPER

Race for Champion's League Places

Post by DIPPER »

It's looking a bit hairy for everyone at the top as to who is going to get a Champion's League place-although Arsenal are in box seat we have a dodgy run in that includes 3 away games whilst the home one is against Leeds.Ipswich might sneak it & obviously Leeds & Liverpool are gonna give it everything.For Leeds it would be terrible for them if they say made it to the Champion's League final & lost but didn't even qualify for next year's comp.What do you think of Liverpool's chances Fletch?

'They claim everyone was born but I don't recall it.Maybe I was having one of my blackouts'-Jim Morrisson
Fletch

Post by Fletch »

We've deefinately got a strong chance Dip, especially when you consider we've got some very winnable matches coming up including from memory-Charlton, Newcastle and Bradford.

But in saying that we usually struggle to come away with three points against the cellar dwellars but still be able to beat top Euro sides like Man U, Roma, Barcelona it really baffles me.

I'll have my fingers crossed with every game remaining since each of them is super important. Fair call on Leeds(as much as I hate them) they deserve a spot, plus if they qualify it might deter the Pasta munchers from trying to get the V-Bomber to the land of the boot(Did you know he is a huge Collingwood fan, Dip?).

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill
DIPPER

Post by DIPPER »

Fletch

Post by Fletch »

Guess we'll just have to wait and see, I just hope they stay away from Owen.

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill
DIPPER

Post by DIPPER »

Yeah I think they've said that they don't want Owen or Beckham-my understanding is that Owen is about to sign a new 5 year deal at Liverpool.(which is a shame for the rest of us)

'They claim everyone was born but I don't recall it.Maybe I was having one of my blackouts'-Jim Morrisson