Vale / in Memorium

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Australians do not speak ill of the dead nor do we condemn people on their death bed.
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

Culprit wrote:Australians do not speak ill of the dead nor do we condemn people on their death bed.
Does that mean I can't post when it's Howard's turn?
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

^ I'll be making an exception in his case. :P
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

member34259 wrote:
Culprit wrote:Australians do not speak ill of the dead nor do we condemn people on their death bed.
In Howard's case if he was dying I could not stick the boot in. I feel it's not morally right to do so. History will Judge Howard.
virgomag

Post by virgomag »

Thoughts are with the family.

My father too has been diagnosed and is being very closely monitored every 12 weeks.

Pleeze, to all the guys on this site and all your family and friends, pleeze get a check up !!!

It starts with a minor little blood test to check your PSA levels and if anything is suss well sorry but you'll have to go through 5 minutes of discomfort.................. 5 minutes is nothing compared to your life.

If you get it early you have extremely good chances and a large percentage of men over 60 have prostate cancer and many will die with it but not from it.

Again best wishes to the Pratt family and to all the Collingwood people, just do it !!
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

Member - don't trivialise his wrongdoing. Estimates are that his cartel was costing us between 150 to 300 million annually. If he contributed this sort of money back to charities perhaps I could also forgive him. However, his largesse (with our money - don't forget) only covers a small percentage of the money he ripped off from the Australian community. Whatever Pratt gave back to the community he siphoned off far more for himself.
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
Prometheus
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Prometheus »

He will be remembered as another white collar criminal that used his position to rip off the Australian public for his and his company's gain.

I wonder if they will give him a state funeral like they did with Packer.

LOL
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

member34259 wrote:
Let them try and stop me :twisted:

And I didn't intend to have a dig at a dying man, but rather point out that he wasn't a saint.
kill for collingwood!
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

Does that mean Juddy's brown paper bag "Visy Ambassadorship" goes when Pratt dies? I wonder what the non-Pratt led Board will think of such unncessary and meaningless largesse after Pratt is dead? And will Judd be so happy with the Carlton Crew without it? :idea:
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

I think it does mean that. Tell me about your likes and dislikes? How did you hear about HAL?
frossmode

Post by frossmode »

Good riddance you cheating carlton maggot!
HOT PIES
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

rocketronnie wrote:Does that mean Juddy's brown paper bag "Visy Ambassadorship" goes when Pratt dies? I wonder what the non-Pratt led Board will think of such unncessary and meaningless largesse after Pratt is dead? And will Judd be so happy with the Carlton Crew without it? :idea:

Nice post over at LSD wanting to know if Judd is by Pratt's bedside with a heap of postdated cheques for him to sign.
Quality.

I reckon Pratt will have looked after Carlton in his will.
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Son in law Alex Waislitz is a Collingwood board member. :)
The Collingwood Turtle

Post by The Collingwood Turtle »

bucksisgod

Post by bucksisgod »

Nobody is all good or all bad.

My condolences to those who loved him.
Need a pen? try Pen Island. www. penisland. net