Vale / in Memorium

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Didcos435

Post by Didcos435 »

Terrible and painful way to go out is cancer.

All the best to his family.
gregpie

Post by gregpie »

Member34259 - Over the years Pratt has donated millions to both the major parties so don't expect anything but platitudes from our politicians.

Meanwhile his company has been responsible for rorting $700 million from Australian consumers and destroying opportunities for many small businesses. The man is crook who would be doing jail time if we had the same anti-competition laws that are standard elsewhere in the world.

I would, however, like to thank Richard for passing on my money to some worthwhile causes, although I'd like to have it on record that the Carlton Football Club is not my idea of a worthy charity.
Well said. It's a shame that anybody has to die but the truth is the truth. Only a 36 million fine from the $700 million rorted was the consequence of this crime. Seems that the Carlton Football Club attracts a lot of crooks. Pratt, Harris, Elliot and probably many others over the years. Guess salary cap cheating fits in with the Blues mantra.
loki04

Post by loki04 »

Condolences to the Pratt family.

Dare say Carlton are in for a big chunk of his wealthy pie.
selkevh

Post by selkevh »

member34259 wrote:
Culprit wrote:Australians do not speak ill of the dead nor do we condemn people on their death bed.
Does that mean I can't post when it's Howard's turn?
I'm sure we can make an exception ....

Seriously though. My father died suddenly in February so I wouldn't wish any death upon any family.
A strong man stands up for himself ... a stronger man stands up for others.

Post by 5150 »

Sympathy to family.

Some of you nuffys need to seperate the "game" football from real life.
Troppo

Post by Troppo »

What MOTR said!!!

Measure the bastard up for a five star cardboard box, if you have to.

The A-hole is guilty as charged for self aggrandissement schemes and not deserving of any sympathy at all, a'tall. The Stones suggested that even t'devil deserved some modicum of sympathy in '69 - can't come at it m'self.

As a yiddisher godfather, the prick was as ruthless as they come, and f--k whoever runs last. If $ could achieve his desires, it was spent - and big time.

This is not an individual to lose any sleep over. C--t.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
... Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent ... Wittgenstein
Dragme
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Dragme »

Culprit wrote:Son in law Alex Waislitz is a Collingwood board member. :)
loki04 wrote:Dare say Carlton are in for a big chunk of his wealthy pie.
You can't take your wealth with you, so a large chunk of pie will end up in the hands of pies supporters.

Sincere condolences to the Pratt family. No one deserves to get the big "C".
Born, Live and Die a Magpie
stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by stui magpie »

I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. As far as I can figure he was an OK bloke who's biggest fault in life was to be a Carlton supporter.

Compared to that, fathering a child with his mistress while married and price fixing with his company are small change. 8)

he did a lot of good things. Condolences to the Pratt family, may princess park collapse in an earthquake on the day of his funeral.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
fence-banger

Post by fence-banger »

Many sides to this man, very interesting & likeable character I reckon, so I'm sad that he's gravely ill.
One of his real contributions to the community has been in the way he has worked as a kind of middle man on behalf of Unions & employer bodies, so hats-off to him for that.
Yep, got caught cookin his own books, so no surprise he's a blue.
Hope the cheques to judd bounce.
Side by side we Stick together
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

bucksisgod wrote:Nobody is all good or all bad.

My condolences to those who loved him.
Well said and agree totally
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

stui magpie wrote:I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. As far as I can figure he was an OK bloke who's biggest fault in life was to be a Carlton supporter.

Compared to that, fathering a child with his mistress while married and price fixing with his company are small change. 8)

he did a lot of good things. Condolences to the Pratt family, may princess park collapse in an earthquake on the day of his funeral.
That's the one thing I can forgive him for.

Have you seen his wife?

The weirdest looking woman on the planet.

She belongs in a freak show.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
rocketronnie

Post by rocketronnie »

stui magpie wrote:I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. As far as I can figure he was an OK bloke who's biggest fault in life was to be a Carlton supporter.

what he said
"Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men" - Thomas Marshall - "Ironclad".
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

Gee .........some people who barrack for Collingwood are seriously stupid.
Swoop42 your comments are disgraceful.

Nobody wishes on anyone the pain of dying of a disease like prostate cancer. But as Collingwood Turtle and Magpie Greg put it, this guy was the biggest corporate crook in Australia's history.

Sure he's gonna give some back to the plebs, it helps his tax bottom line.

As for the comments today from Lindsay Fox accusing Graham Samuel of causing this illness, what a total idiot.

These boys from the big end of town sure can dish it out can't they? But they have notoriously glassy jaws when criticised.

As for John Brumby and his 'Great Australian' line, what a crock! Just the sort of spineless utterances we expect from politicians.

Carlton and crooked presidents go hand in hand; always have and always will. George Harris and his chopsticks, Pratt and his cartel and I forget what Elliot was eventually accused of. The 'born to rule' mentality is bound to produce abundant crims and Carlton attracts them like flies to s--t.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

I have deepest sympathy for his family and in saying that if Pratt gets a State Funeral I will be pissed off.
Morrigu

Post by Morrigu »

magpie greg wrote:Apparently the family has resorted to Monty Python and the Holy Grail and that famous quote

"I'M NOT DEAD YET".

Preamture condolences.
Not making light of illness or impending death but

They have had a few premature ah events shall we say this year already the Blues - wasn't their preseason slogan - they know we're coming??

Only lasted 2 weeks didn't it :wink:
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”