Vale / in Memorium

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Harrysz
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Harrysz »

I have just read what Troppo wrote and it is disgraceful!
It's types like Troppo that gives Collingwood supporters a bad name but Nick's allowing of this sort of behaviour is very worrying.
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Re: Pratt

Post by Culprit »

Harrysz wrote:Culprit's reference to "Jewish Stocktake" is blatantly anti-semitic.
Are there any moderators here?
If Nick's permits this sort of behaviour then a complaint should be made to the Club.
Piss off, it's said everywhere. What are you the thought police? Complain to the club to you tosser.

You best start closing the internet down too.

http://www.coolslang.com/Details.php?Sl ... ordID=2527

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... 0Stocktake
doobie41

Re: Pratt

Post by doobie41 »

Culprit wrote:
Harrysz wrote:Culprit's reference to "Jewish Stocktake" is blatantly anti-semitic.
Are there any moderators here?
If Nick's permits this sort of behaviour then a complaint should be made to the Club.
Piss off, it's said everywhere. What are you the thought police? Complain to the club to you tosser.

You best start closing the internet down too.

http://www.coolslang.com/Details.php?Sl ... ordID=2527

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... 0Stocktake

Gee, impeccable references... *sigh*... if you can't see that that's antisemitic, or you think that it's acceptable to say in a public forum such as this, then I'm afraid you've got some more serious issues that need to be addressed...
call me frank

Post by call me frank »

May the force be with us
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

No worries, I think you are a tosser. Some may agree or disagree on this public forum.
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

Culprit, I just checked coolslang which you are quoting as a source to justify your use of anti-semtic terms. Coolslang also gives references for [snip], coon and gook. Which presumably it also considers to be acceptable slang. I didn't bother checking your urbandictionary reference. I have better things to do with my time than read the works of racist dickheads. If you want to prove that your racist jokes are "said everywhere" I suggest you find some sources that are compiled by people with IQs larger than their shoe size.
Born and raised in Black and White
Dr Pie

Post by Dr Pie »

I notice that Nicks automatically replaced the "n" word with the phrase "I am racist." To repeat, I quoted the"n" word from coolslang which you used to justify your racist joke. Doesn't that tell you something?
Born and raised in Black and White
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

Richard Carlton said it beautifully, "Dick Pratt is a crook who built a reputation as a generous philanthropist with other people's money."
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

magpie greg wrote:The fact that he is Jewish is irrelevant and I dont understand why there is any refernce to it.

I have no sympathy for him.

Pratt is a little like Pat Rafter. He says he lives in a tax haven and pays no tax. Then with the tax that he should have paid to Australian citizens, he says he will donate to a charity of his choosing.

Pity we call cant do that and be praised for our philanthropy.

As for Pratt who admitted his company ripped off fellow Australians, using part of the stolen money to get kudos by donating to charities doesn't cut it in my book.

He has admitted what he is. He returned his Order of Australia.

It is sad for his family but the praise he is receiving is quite frankly a little sickening, almost as sickening as some of the comments that appear in this thread.
Spot on. In plenty of other countries, he'd be dying in the nick now.
Prometheus
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Prometheus »

Why isn't the old prick in jail ?

... and that wife of his ... my god , I would't bang her with a stolen dick.
JacJacJacqui

Post by JacJacJacqui »

:roll: Personally don't care about slang. It is what it is.

Have to say, I agree with you MG (I know, doesn't happen often but obviously it does happen!), no sympathy from me either. He should be in jail.

Pirate skulls and bones
Sticks and stones and weed and bombs
Running when we hit 'em
Lethal poison through their system
Simone

Post by Simone »

This crap will go on and on in the newspapers and it's laughable, if it wasn't so serious. They are truly trying to rewrite the man's history in a very favourable light. Lauding the man as a great Australian. Policitians, journos and all manner of celebrities giving this crook the accolades he truly does not deserve. I find it really hard to believe to be honest. And no sympathy from me, he lied and he has cheated and stole off hardworking Australians doing it tough at the moment. He should be in jail.
Collingwood for Life
MACDAICOS

Post by MACDAICOS »

magpie greg wrote:Apparently the funeral directors have told Jeannie the of the urn will be $500, but if they put it in a cardboard box it will cost $5,000.
LOL.
************ANTI SIG************
Benno
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Benno »

People die every day. Who cares.

Next.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

For me Magpie Greg has called as it ought to be. The fact that Pratt is Jewish is irrelevant. However the reason why posters like Swoop 42, Dr Pie, Harry Z, me & others are concerned is the fact that posters such as Troppo, Culprit etc specifically made reference to the fact that Pratt was Jewish. Culprit's defence is laughable if it wsn't so ignorant.
He was a crook, got busted, pleaeded guilty, faced huge public shame & opprobrium is a good thing. This is the place of debate or decalration not his ethnicity especially so when its snide "whats the matter can't take a joke eh?" - "everyone else does it" doesn't cut it. I'm amazed the moderators allowed this through.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman