Vale / in Memorium

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

kickit2me

Post by kickit2me »

Is he dead yet?
"And that effort by Ezard was pathetic" - Don Scott.
kickit2me

Post by kickit2me »

watt price tully wrote: the moderators
This place has moderators? :o
"And that effort by Ezard was pathetic" - Don Scott.
cram5

Post by cram5 »

I have no sympathy for him either.
I do however feel sorry for his family, not an easy thing to go through.

He is a crook, ripped every single one of us off.
Cheated on his Mrs.
Bought Carlton a decent side, and got em out of the shit.

Need I say more.
(^_^) What's Crackin?

.....remember say NO to g.....;)
Piesnchess
Has liked: 179 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

magpie greg wrote:Apparently the funeral directors have told Jeannie the of the urn will be $500, but if they put it in a cardboard box it will cost $5,000.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Greg, mate that is utter GOLD. ! Funniest post of the year thus far. :wink:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Mr Smith Goes To C'Wood

Post by Mr Smith Goes To C'Wood »

fence-banger wrote:Is Lindsay Fox a doctor?
Lindsay Fox is a pratt.
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

Mr Smith Goes To C'Wood wrote:
fence-banger wrote:Is Lindsay Fox a doctor?
Lindsay Fox is a pratt.
Another illegitimate one?
Kristin5

Post by Kristin5 »

Why all the hoo-haa over this, he's not even dead yet. What on earth are they going to put in the papers when he finally does go? They've said it all already!

(I find it ironic though that he gets lauded as this wonderful person and gets all this media coverage, when Robert Dickson, who was in fact, by all accounts, a really good guy and a great family man, hardly rated a mention. Ironic in a very sad way. Says a lot about the world we live in today).
"I'm sure people see me as a screaming redhead with a big pair of boobs, but I like to think I've got things to say." Geri Halliwell, former member of the Spice Girls.
Troppo

Post by Troppo »

... Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent ... Wittgenstein
On the March
Been liked: 1 time

Post by On the March »

You're a sad sad little man Magpie Greg
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
Troppo

Post by Troppo »

Pied Piper wrote:
Sorry Troppo, I usually value your posts, but I think you're on the wrong side of this argument. The Greg Barns article you quote only emphasises that I'm afraid. I humbly suggest you back down gracefully before you dig yourself in any deeper.
Pied, while I repect your journalistic professional attibutes, normally I'd find being called a racist / idiot highly offensive. However,being called that by you is something of a badge of honour for my part.

I've said for many years that if speaking out against those in Australia who give unqualified support for the militarist, expansionist, anti-democratic Israeli Government is considered anti-semitic, then I must be...as must my many Jewish friends who have an identical view.....as do the leading Israeli Human rights groups, plus about 30% of Israelis, plus dozens of Jewish human rights groups around the world, plus our own Anthony Lowenstein, Andrew Benjamin...the list goes on & on.

However, sadly I don't think artificially blinkered people like you will ever 'get it'.

Finally, despite your exhortations to Nicks to have my comments taken off this site, apparently he/she defends the right of members of a democratic society like Australia, to give their views however distasteful others may find them. Your obvious unwillingness to accept my right, and your attempt to have my comments removed, is a clear example of the very point I have been making......may I thank you, as disengenuously as possible, for your 'support'.

Perhaps you may just get that your reaction repesents that reflex, whingeing response to any criticsm of any part of Australian or international Jewry.......totally lacking in balance and/or intelligence...sadly, I don't think it will ever change.....ever.
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Digging yourself deeper, Troppo.

Can I just say, I was not one of those who called for your comments to be removed, so no need to thank me personally. Maybe direct that at others. Moreover, nor did I call you a racist or an idiot. Not sure where you are getting that from - please retract it.

I think a lot of what you say about Israel is right, actually, on a political level. But the fact is none of it has anything to do with Dick Pratt's business affairs. It's entirely irrelevant. There was no need to bring his ethnicity/religion into it - end of story.
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
Troppo

Post by Troppo »

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

I'm happy to agree to disagree on that. But can I make one thing clear, while I was troubled you brought Pratt's ethnic background into the argument, I didn't call you a racist. And I would certainly never call you an idiot, because you're plainly not. I don't know why you'd take it as a badge of honour if I did say those things, but the fact is I simply didn't!
Troppo

Post by Troppo »

Pied Piper wrote:
And I would certainly never call you an idiot, because you're plainly not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.