#20 Ben Reid

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

mattdally
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mattdally »

loki04

Post by loki04 »

I wouldn't be writting off Reid yet he is a 19 yr old KPP who has all the tools to become a very good player, a lot of Reids problem is mental imo.
Well since everyone else is doing it (quoting themselves)!
Last edited by loki04 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Up the Mighty Mags 2016.
melliot

Post by melliot »

mattdally

Post by mattdally »

We only hope he can improve. With his size he could be very handy.

But he can't kick and I've never seen a player's kicking action change or improve throughout their career.

Look at Lloyd. Beautiful kick, same action from when he was a kid.

Reid's action has no penetration and if you cant kick from a young age, you will never be able to kick
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

he can kick, very nice kick in actual fact, when he dominated juniors he was known for ripping down everything that came his way and pumping the ball long, the kid is a freak but is not AFL ready yet, we are slowly getting games into him to speed up his development, you do know he is 3 cm shorter than kruzer and a few days younger?? he just needs confidence, and lol at everyone writing him off in the thread.
mattdally

Post by mattdally »

the difference is that Kruezer looks good
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

So does Anna Kournikova.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

frankiboy wrote:So does Anna Kournikova.
Paola Suarez for me :P
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

jimbeam wrote:he can kick, very nice kick in actual fact, when he dominated juniors he was known for ripping down everything that came his way and pumping the ball long, the kid is a freak but is not AFL ready yet, we are slowly getting games into him to speed up his development, you do know he is 3 cm shorter than kruzer and a few days younger?? he just needs confidence, and lol at everyone writing him off in the thread.
correct.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
blacknwhiteatheart

Post by blacknwhiteatheart »

jimbeam wrote:he can kick, very nice kick in actual fact, when he dominated juniors he was known for ripping down everything that came his way and pumping the ball long, the kid is a freak but is not AFL ready yet, we are slowly getting games into him to speed up his development, you do know he is 3 cm shorter than kruzer and a few days younger?? he just needs confidence, and lol at everyone writing him off in the thread.
Not AFL ready that is spot on.
it doesnt help when the kid creams himself when he recieves the bal.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

What to make of Reid?

Post by RudeBoy »

This is not a reaction to today's game but rather a call for an assessment of Reid, who is now in his 3rd year with us, after we selected him with a high draft pick in exchange for Tarrant. Pre-season I thought he would emerge this year as a CHB. I must admit I was disappointed to see him played as a key forward today, as I would like to have seen Nathan Brown tried down forward. Nevertheless, my own assessment, fwiw, is that Reid is unlikely to make it as a footballer, as he looks more like an athlete, who has little ability to read the play and make position. I realise he needs to bulk up a bit, but his inability to hold his ground in marking contests makes him pretty hopeless as a KPP. I hope I'm not being too hard on him, as i'd love to see him make it, but I'm beginning to think that Derek Hines wasted a couple of picks that year - on Reid and Stanley. Nathan Brown needs to improve as well, but he at least looks and plays like someone who understands the game. What do others think?
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

With the way Tarrant is performing in defence at Fremantle you don't think we could offer them a straight swap, Reid for Tarrant. A bit like the Croad deal at Hawthorn. :wink:
RICHO1991

Post by RICHO1991 »

Reid cant mark IMO needs to be able to mark to hold down a key position forward or back
THE PIES DELIVERED IN 2010
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

He is crap! I haven't seen him play in defence but he is definitely a sh!te fwd. Just the way he kicks the ball its terrible.

Maybe give him a go down back before we totally give up on him but if we could get a good trade at seasons end I wouldn't be to disappointed in letting him go.
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
warburton lad
Been liked: 46 times

Post by warburton lad »

Play reid at centre half back for the remainder of the year- He needs to be set a big task and have a dip.

Nathan brown can play in the back pocket and learn off Presti The Master

Get as many games into these two as possible- they are both only 20 year olds.
Firm in the belief that number 17 flag is only months away...