#20 Ben Reid

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Fire Up

Post by Fire Up »

woftam wrote:Give him a decent skills coach and some time in the gym. He's only 20 years old. Too young to write off yet.
he spends more time in the gym then any other player. when he is in the gym him only does bicep curls and bench press' to work on his upper body
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Harvey wrote:We were all telling each other that we'll have to be patient and give Reid a number of years to develop when we drafted him as a skinny underage kpp. Apparently this patience runs out before the kid has even turned 20.

He obviously has talent to work with and has potential to be a very mobile CHB. Definitely worth persisting with throughout the next few compromised drafts.
Yeah well we gave Ben Kinnear plenty of time to "develop" only to realize that he wasn't good enough.
- Side By Side -
ANNODAM
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 30 times

Post by ANNODAM »

How any years has he been at the club now? Three is it? I doubt he'll see a fourth playing like kaka.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
woftam

Post by woftam »

Fire Up wrote:
woftam wrote:Give him a decent skills coach and some time in the gym. He's only 20 years old. Too young to write off yet.
he spends more time in the gym then any other player. when he is in the gym him only does bicep curls and bench press' to work on his upper body

Well why does he not have a supervised weights program that targets all parts of his body?
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

silly comment ANNODAM without putting down all the facts.

1. Reid has played CHB all year, yet was recalled to senior level to play forward. Tough ask. I thought he gave an honest account of himself.

2. Reid was as bottom aged as you could get when we selected him. He did remarkably well to play in his first year. No one expected him to so young and skinny.

3. Last year he broke through and was looking ok, then broke his leg. So its hard to make a mark when you have no leg to move on.

I consider Reid basically a 2nd year player. Same with nathan brown. They were both KPP picks who were bottom aged. They will both take time to fill out and find roles in the team. Brown is ahead at this stage because he has settled into defence. Reid is trying to learn defence.

Will definitely see a 4th year. I think next year is in fact his make or break year. He'll be around the 21 year old mark and there will be no excuses then.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

mackasmatt wrote:It makes me laugh when people say 'he doesn't do enough weights' (Thomas) or 'he does too much upper body weights' (Reid). Buttifant has them on a strict program with the assistance of sport scientists and strength/conditioning trainers. So the only limitation is what the human body can do, in its individuality.
Thanks for reminding me. Buttifant should be shown the door too! :evil:

It worked for Geelong when they sacked their fitness advisor.
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

Playing him up forward was ridiculous. Grooming him as a key defender now so stop confusing the kid MICHAEL!!!

Mind you, was a little disappointed with a few instances lacking in intensity yesterday which was a concern. Certainly hope he can shake that out of his game
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
collingwoodfan

Post by collingwoodfan »

He cant kick, mark cant do anything good for the club did anyone see his goal
how bad was the kick lol
ConBigWig

Post by ConBigWig »

magpie greg wrote:Reid and Brown are unfortunately two wasted first round picks.
Imo your wrong. two talented youngsters who will develop with time. lets see where they're at in a few years time. Brown looks as though he's going to be a solid contributor whilst Reid has great athletisism.

Secondly, Reid has been playing and learning the trade down back. For MM to throw him forward, was poor form.

Not bringing in Dawes was further poor form by MM.

Direction, praise and reward is what these youngsters need. MM is not providing that. Reid should have been rewarded and picked in the side as a defender. Dawes should have been the logical
inclusion as a forward.
Con Nose Evrythin, you see

"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol"
BBHS
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by BBHS »

^^^
to his credit he was laughing harding than me
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

Who me BBHS! I thought chopper tried still really a kid when you look at him I cant believe how small we are in size compared to the filth.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR

Post by uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR »

At the moment it's all potential!

A great mover but obviously needs to work on his set shots & general work rate including 2nd/3rd efforts - Although a couple more pre-seasons will help that!
black&white blood

Post by black&white blood »

with our game plan a CHF is useless

if he or trav played at other clubs they will be stars
PIES FOREVER NO MATTER WHAT!!!
MOTR

Post by MOTR »

Some posters have distinguished themselves in this thread.
Be Staunch, Be Proud, Be Collingwood
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

melliot wrote:
mattdally wrote:Reid is a dud. Yeah he's 19, but if Freo offered Tarrant for Reid I'd swap him in a heart beat
I'm glad your not director of recruiting!!!!!!

Todays Age has Tarrant quoted to say 2010 to be his last year (I just read the headline). So you'd swap a potential 10 year player for a washed up forward, come back flanker with 1 and a bit years left in him. I'm a Tarrant fan (the CFC version), but now glad we did what we did in 2006.

pffft. Reid is almost equivilant to a first year draftee KPP. FFS, He's done more than Jack Watts in 2009.

Jezz, I'm gunna love bringing this thread back in two years time to see so many of you eat your words!!!!

How can so many experts be wrong about this kid. So many of the coaches at CFC think this kid will be good. So many commentators of VFL & AFL say they reckon this kid has got the stuff to make it.
You didn't have to wait 2 years! :D
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better