#33 Brad Dick

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Great summation Tannin. I've never been quite sure about Dick's potential or place in the side, but reading your post is making me damn excited! Let's hope you're right.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
WITTY 35 DAICOS MAGIC

Post by WITTY 35 DAICOS MAGIC »

He wont dissapoint,another player who was really home sick,especially when he did hes knee,he stayed,had some extra help in 3 other players think presti didak,and another,so its paying off him staying,and hes been rewarded to paly seniors,not because of injury,he was always going to play last week,he has been killing it in vfl,id say nearly 15 goals maybe more,but hes tackling is a grade,shows when he bagged up kerr in the first qaurter,then that tackle he did on the boundary.
What gets me goin is when he kicks the easiest of goals,he gets so excited screams and celebrates,one day against nth ballarat this year,he kicked a goal in the last,hes scream was so loud,i jumped,was funny,as to him it ment everything,to me PASSION.

Ive been following Brad since williamstown,and hes something.
Was shattered when he did hes knee,but has come back so far pretty good,
On ya Dicky keep it up,gotta string them now,

[-0-]dicky[-0-]
THEY JUST HATE US
COS THEY AINT US

DAICOS MAGIC 35
VINTAGE DARREN MILLANE 42
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

^ great comment about his passion. you could see it on the telly, he was firing the guys up and enjoying every moment. it's wonderful to see him return after the injury.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Akos

Post by Akos »

woftam

Post by woftam »

I'm not as convinced on him as you just yet Tannin but I will pay more attention to his game in future.
Personally I'm a big JMac fan, Oh and Blair as well.
roar
Been liked: 3 times

Post by roar »

I'm a huge fan. And considering pre-knee operation he was considered one of, if not the best kick in the team, I believe he should regain that skill.

If he stays injury free, he will be a gun, I have no doubt.

Though the double entendres are going to get (already are) extremely tiring.
kill for collingwood!
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

I like his enthusiasm. Don't think he is going to become an influential player until he sized up a bit but.

Leon Davis has come so far, and I think it has a lot to do with the muscle he has developed. he is a stronger tackler, has more confidence to go in and is tougher when tackled.

Dick will still be pushed aside easily. i think a lot of the better indigenous players out there in his mould have put on bulk. if you take a look at the davey brothers and Davis, they are tanks. Even Lovett has really put on size.

So I would be very cautious with Dick. He is undersized and therefore will be a risk of getting a serious injury or something. But he is a good long term prospect because he has hunger.
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I reckon he had 3 goal assists, when you consider his clever taps and interceptions. Remembering he's recovering from a knee reconstruction, there's a lot to get excited about with this kid.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I have to confess I wasn't that excited with what i saw at VFL level, but it was only one game. He may have had an off day or maybe he's one of those players who is actually better suited to the faster tempo than the slower VFL.

I hope he lives up to expectations.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

^ iirc, he had a very good game vs essendon in 2007 which was a sign of portents to come.

he trains very well - continually hitting teammates on the chest, unlike others who seem quite lax - and looked sharp pre knee op.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
EBB

Post by EBB »

I too love Dick.
understanding stuff, with endeavour to overstand..
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Looks like he really loves his footy and a pretty jovial character, good to have around the club. Oh, he's a pretty talented footballer too.
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Akos

Post by Akos »

Dick backed up last week's good game with a great game this week!

he was involved in so many goals - when he wasnt scoring them, he was setting them up with great balls into the fifty to Anthony and Brown. he also worked hard off the ball.

malthouse said he likes his decision making, speed and tackling - all those were on display today

and i think it's great to see someone happy when they score a goal, as opposed to the angry jeff-farmer-type goal celebrators!
woftam

Post by woftam »

woftam wrote:I'm not as convinced on him as you just yet Tannin but I will pay more attention to his game in future.
Personally I'm a big JMac fan, Oh and Blair as well.
Okay lads, I'm convinced. :)
favourites 2008

Post by favourites 2008 »

One word..... EXCITING!!!