What's the last movie you watched?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Deja Vu

Post by Deja Vu »

rambopriscilla wrote:The last movie I saw was Paranormal Activity, on Halloween night. I really enjoyed it. It's funny how a movie set in one house, with two people in it (well there's another bloke briefly) can maintain your interest throughout but this movie certainly achieves it. Excellent movie. And if you're sharp you can catch the sheila in it pouring herself a glass of Australian [yellowtail] shiraz in one of the opening scenes.
I've heard that this is like the scariest movie of all time. Is that true?
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

theyve got Duel playing on TV right now. One of my all time favourite movies
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

That wasn't a bad film. It was all downhill for Spielberg after that, though. :evil:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

finally got around to seeing "in the loop". there was just the two of us in the cinema.

it's a cross between "yes, minister" and "hollowmen". i enjoyed it but clearly won't be everyone's cup of tea.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

stui magpie wrote:
frankiboy wrote:Harry Potter... I'm a bit of a fan. So shoot me :P

Poor Dumbledore :(
The movies are pretty good, but the books are better.
You're probably right, I'm not much of a reader though. Hell, I'll rarely read posts that go longer than 5 or 6 lines, I always feel like I could be missing out on something important.. like sleeping or flicking through the tv :)
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

JacJacJacqui wrote:That makes two of us! I always laugh at the most inappropriate times. Like during tear-jerkers. I'm sure I've killed the mood a few times.. But sometimes it's funny! Like when Juliet first realised Romeo has killed himself because he thought she was dead and she started crying - I cracked up... I couldn't help it, it was funny!
Haha! I always cry at sad parts, but in high school we had to watch 'Rabbit Proof Fence' for English. I thought it was the stupidest movie and made it known that I thought that. Everyone else was sooo involved in it, and me and my best mate Craig just sat up the back and bagged it together.

Then the scene came on where they come and take the children off their mothers. The mums go crazy, and start making these horrible sounds, and start whacking their heads with rocks. All the girls in the class started to cry and were just devastated.

I tried to hold in my laughter, but I looked at Craig who was doing the same, and we both started cracking up with laughter.. So, I got kicked out.. :P

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~Alyssa's Song Of The Moment~*
I See You - Luke Bryan

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

i watched the lonely guy yesterday, what a peculiar little comedy. starring steve martin. very funny and weird

and then i watched another of my all time favourites, lost in translation. (i know, every second film i say i watched is an all time favourite haha.. i like a lot of films)
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

i watched the lonely guy yesterday, what a peculiar little comedy. starring steve martin. very funny and weird

and then i watched another of my all time favourites, lost in translation. (i know, every second film i say i watched is an all time favourite haha.. i like a lot of films)
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Lost in Translation is brilliant. I like it more every time I see it.

Last movie I watched was Antichrist, at the cinemas. To say it's full-on is a slight understatement. It's a great film, actually, but if the prospect of graphic genital mutilation doesn't particularly appeal to you, approach with caution...
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
OEP

Post by OEP »

Was having dinner at my mother's and she put on an old favorite of mine "Watership Down", great movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078480/
A Collingwood supporter since the egg was inseminated.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I watched "the hangover" on the weekend. Very very funny.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I watched "the hangover" on the weekend. Very very funny.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Miss_Lisey_Molloy

Post by Miss_Lisey_Molloy »

stui magpie wrote:I watched "the hangover" on the weekend. Very very funny.
Best movie ever!!!!! :D

'Are you alright with that thing?'
'Yeah, I've found a baby before.'
'What? You've found a baby before? Where?'
'Coffee Bean'

Hahaha oh I love that guy! Stui, you are in my Wolfpack :P

Love always, Alyssa xoxo
*~Alyssa's Song Of The Moment~*
I See You - Luke Bryan

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

A Japanese movie called After Life.

You can only take one memory to eternity with you when you die. You have three days after your death to make the choice or not. A film about taking responsibility for your life.

While on things Japanese, I recently saw Yukio Mishima's short film Patriotism (1966). It's about a soldier who commits harikiri rather than betraying his friends. The staggering thing is that Japan's most famous novelist then went on in 1970 to stage a theatrical rebellion at the main Tokyo army barracks and committed harikiri when this failed. The film appears to be a dry run for his own ritual suicide.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I watched "paranormal activity" last night on a downloaded DVD.

Interesting.

All filmed on the home camera, very 'blair witch"

Suspense built nicely, no blood and gore, a thriller more than a horror movie. I didn't find it scary but i can see why some might. If you wake up during the night startled by night noises, I suggest you don't watch it - you won't sleep for a week