Vale / in Memorium

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

skaman
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by skaman »

Proud Pies wrote:
skaman wrote:Not commenting about the death...but...geeeez his missus fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. Looks like a cross between Lance Link secret chimp and a deranged Jerry Lewis. I think the daughter(?) on the left is going down the same ,plastic surgery(?) path.
daughter on the left, Heloise, is married to Alex Waislitz, who is on the Collingwood Football Club board.
Oh dear. Hell on what? Either way ...brrrrrrrrrrr. :shock:
Enjoy yourself. Its later than you think!
spoljar

Post by spoljar »

I wonder how some of the internet heroes on this board would look if one of their loved ones passed away?
GreekLunatic
Been liked: 15 times

Post by GreekLunatic »

One of his daughters is married to a collingwood director. Maybe half the family are pies supporters. Good on his wife he cheated on her and she stayed with him.
jeff corfe

Rana McGoldrick

Post by jeff corfe »

For those who know Rana this is a good news story. Rana in recent times has not been in good health, Infact with the weight she has been losing in recent times had many of us very concerned about her. Rana is now living in a care facility in the Northern subs and has put on a massive 15kgs and is looking the best she's ever been and is looking forward to seeing the pies in 2010.
Good onya Rana a real magpie through and through:wink:
die4pies

Re: Rana

Post by die4pies »

Jesus Joff, ya bastard!!!

My friggin heart went in my mouth when you posted 'Rana'.
I better get down and see the old bird (Magpie of course).

Rana McGoldrick lived over the road from me when I was growing up and her boys Mark and Darren where playing footy themselves on Saturdays so she would take me to games instead of them.

I loved Rana's house. EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING, was black and white. I bought my first duffle coat second hand off Mark for $10 and it had 8 Butch Edwards on the back and still does but I put a patch on it and replaced it with 21 Choco Williams.

Rana Was devastated at the move from Victoria Park and was captured on tele sheding tears in the members area after the loss to Brisbane.

Rana was interviewed on the 7:30 report on August 27 1999 before the last game:
RANA McGOLDRICK wrote:I said, "You can put me in a kero tin, burn me and just put my ashes over the Collingwood football ground -- that's all I want." And it is all I want, too.
Great news Joffa and thanks for posting.

Floreat Pica!!!

...and long live the grand ladies of Collingwood!!!

Shane
"MAKE COLLINGWOOD GRATE AGAIN"
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

Thanks mate
As we know Rana is very much a Collingwood institution a wonderful Collingwood sister, Everyone so it seems has some connection with Rana in my case young Simon has grown up playing footy with Rana's Ethan and found out this morning that they will meet as opponents in the local under 10's competition..should be a hoot :wink:
Anyway is brilliant news Rana is happy and doing well.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

joffa corfe wrote:For those who know Rana this is a good news story. Rana in recent times has not been in good health, Infact with the weight she has been losing in recent times had many of us very concerned about her. Rana is now living in a care facility in the Northern subs and has put on a massive 15kgs and is looking the best she's ever been and is looking forward to seeing the pies in 2010.
Good onya Rana a real magpie through and through:wink:
Great news Joffa.
The Collingwood Turtle

Post by The Collingwood Turtle »

Wonderful news Joffa, Rana is a legend. :D
Pa Marmo

Post by Pa Marmo »

I can see the slogan now as Nick Maxwell climbs the dias at the presentation of the 2010 premiership cup, and loudly proclaims " for Louie and Rana and the black and white army"
Genesis 1:1
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

Thanks for posting that Joff. I often think of Rana. I used to make her lunch for her when she came into my shop in Brunswick Street in the early 90s; in those days Rana worked at the Credit Union. Got to make Daics's lunch too but he only ever wanted pies! The other Rana story I like to tell is how she always scared away the ferals when in Adelaide. We always walked a bit taller when Rana was around!
If you see her Joff, please pass on my best wishes.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
jeff corfe

Post by jeff corfe »

I certainly will Neil
Cheers.
pies4ever

Maurice Rioli dies

Post by pies4ever »

Football legend Maurice Rioli dies
STEVE BUTLER and YOLANDA ZAW, The West Australian December 25, 2010

Football legend Maurice Rioli dies

Champion footballer Maurice Rioli passed away in Darwin today.

It is understood Mr Rioli, 53, died after suffering a heart attack at a family gathering.

Rioli was one of the first Aboriginal footballers to have a big impact in Victorian football and was known for his ball-handling skills and quick reflexes. He won the Simpson Medal as best player afield when South Fremantle won the 1980 premiership.

He started his career with South Fremantle before joining the Richmond Tigers and later returning as captain of South Fremantle.

South Fremantle chief executive Brian Ciccotosto, who played with Rioli, described him as "The most talented indigenous player to have ever played for South Fremantle".

"He was an outstanding big game player who won three Simpson medals and a Norm Smith medal in his career, and a member of the All Australian team," Mr Ciccotosto said.

"He will be dearly missed by supporters of the South Fremantle Football Club and more widely by followers of football."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/ne ... ioli-dies/
As Reg Reagan Says-Go And Get Stuffed..!!
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

rip maurice rioli.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

^ + 1. Condolences to his family. Young man at 53 unfortunately not so young for an Aboriginal man.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman

Post by 3.14159 »

watt price tully wrote:^ + 1. Condolences to his family. Young man at 53 unfortunately not so young for an Aboriginal man.
Sad but all too true.

When I was born there were no "native" Australian citizens in this country at all.
Mr Magic was one of the first "full-blooded" Australians to make the trip down from the Tiwi Islands and thrust the plight of his people into the public spot-light!
He played in the centre (& with Jeff Raines) and was a true excitment machine.
He was a poineer for his people, (on and off the field)! He helped make this country a better place for everybody and opened our eyes to the wonderfull flair that people like him brought to the game. His success opened the gates for players like.. Neon Leon, Jnr Boy, the Krakouer bros (...and now Andrew) to name just a few, can and/or have all set games on fire with their flair and exhuberence. Two thinks Maurice R' had in spades! 8)
He was a true gentle-man, he battled racism (on and off the field) all his life and helped fans and opponents re-evaluate their attitudes to the curse of racist bigotry!
(I cheered mightily as collected his Norm Smith medal in 82, because he was a champion bloke and role-model! Against "The Filth"!)
The more people of his calibre, the better.
He died at a Christmas barbacue surrounded by family and friends.
We should all be so lucky!
He will be sadly missed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 3.14159 on Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.