#20 Ben Reid

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

haha, great bump! :lol:
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Just goes to reinforce what should be a Nick's adage:

In Hine we trust!
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

where is mg these days anyway? Not one of his better efforts :lol:
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

dalyc wrote:
melliot wrote:
mattdally wrote:Reid is a dud. Yeah he's 19, but if Freo offered Tarrant for Reid I'd swap him in a heart beat
I'm glad your not director of recruiting!!!!!!

Todays Age has Tarrant quoted to say 2010 to be his last year (I just read the headline). So you'd swap a potential 10 year player for a washed up forward, come back flanker with 1 and a bit years left in him. I'm a Tarrant fan (the CFC version), but now glad we did what we did in 2006.

pffft. Reid is almost equivilant to a first year draftee KPP. FFS, He's done more than Jack Watts in 2009.

Jezz, I'm gunna love bringing this thread back in two years time to see so many of you eat your words!!!!

How can so many experts be wrong about this kid. So many of the coaches at CFC think this kid will be good. So many commentators of VFL & AFL say they reckon this kid has got the stuff to make it.
You didn't have to wait 2 years! :D
You were both wrong imo. Chopper is a potential star, but Taz has blossomed into one of the game's best full backs and has 3 more years in him imo.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

They're trying to take the bump out of the game, but they'll never take the bump out of Nick's :lol: This thread is a joy to behold!
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by stui magpie »

Very nice bump.

Interesting to see Reid just about a fixture down back and getting better each week and Dawes getting his chances up forward.

Several servings of humble pie required here.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Clemo

Post by Clemo »

Surely worth a bump with eating some humble magpie we hope. Outrageous ! ;)
Go Pies !!!!
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

MOTR, nasty bump! lol
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
Guts42

Post by Guts42 »

jackcass

Post by jackcass »

jackcass wrote:
melliot wrote:I'll stick with Reid. I've seen enough in the VFL and some of the AFL games to say hell be a really good player.

Drafted at 17. PLayed a couple of games in the first season and showed real promise (kicking at goal is dodgy admittedly. Field kicking seems to be acceptable).

2008 was solid in the preseason games (like kicking 4 goals and getting a fair bit of it off half forward). Got injured preseason and when he recovered went straight into the seniors to play poorly (Should have come back via VFL!). Went back to VFL and got another senior spot only to break his foot.

2009 he still is only 19. How many other Tall forwards are playing good games at this age? While a few years in the system he is still nearly equivilant to first year draftees.

By all means if you think he's a dud, then great. But based on your logic, Dick & Russling should be put into the same boat?

Way way too early to call his future. Most here still think Wood will be OK in the future, and hes still rated "young", but is 3 years older than Reid. Yet you expect Reid (also a tall who has not matured at all yet) to be a consistant footballer. Go figure?????

I still think at worst he'll be a very good player. Maybe not the Gun I'd hoped. With his youth and immature body he WILL be inconsistant. A block of 4 games is needed to see where he is at for 2009. I hate it when we drop young guys after 1 poor game. But Reid may be dropped based on Team balance.

IMO can't make a call on this guy until his body matures a fair bit (21 at least). KPP need time and patiance. From what I remeber Buddy did very little till he was 20+. Fev even older. Cloke 20+ and they had more mature bodies than Reid
Too true.
Phew!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by stui magpie »

stui magpie wrote:I've still got faith in Reid, I watched him on Saturday and i liked the way he moved in anticipation of play more than once.

Give him time.
Quite happy with my foresight here. 8)
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Millane42

Post by Millane42 »

AHHHH great stuff! haha

He was awesome on saturday night as a backman. hope he keeps it up. The Sack was very handy, always liked Goldy's game.
Most of my favourite bands start with "M" - Mars Volta, Mastodon, Megadeth, Metallica, Midnight Oil, Misfits...except King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard ~
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Another thread confirming Millane42 is a dud. Hold the presses.

Another thread confirming that too many people are convinced they know more than the coach, more than the selectors, more than the recruiters, more than anybody who actually has to get out there and do the WORK to find and develop talent, over years if need be, to groom young men for a spot in the AFL.

Yes, they get it wrong some of the time. It's an inexact science and they're human like the rest of us. But I'd suggest they get it right far more often than those quickest to rush to judgment from behind the safety of a keyboard.
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

stui magpie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:I've still got faith in Reid, I watched him on Saturday and i liked the way he moved in anticipation of play more than once.

Give him time.
Quite happy with my foresight here. 8)
not one for grand statements, i think reid will be all-australian in the next few years.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.