Terror attacks by Islamist groups

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Mugwump

Post by Mugwump »

Jezza wrote:
Wokko wrote:Oppression doesn't radicalise, terrorism is the entirely predictable product of a religion that offers paradise for killing non believers, is and always has been spread through conquest and forceful immigration and deals with any dissent, heresy or apostasy with the death penalty.

Poland wont accept Muslim refugees and has pretty much 0 terrorism. Germany next door and France are riddled with it. The countries that are opening their arms to these snakes are the ones being bitten, not the 'oppressors'.
Sweden is the most notable example of a country that has largely stayed out of international conflicts, but has opened the borders only for it to endure the wrath of terrorism as well.
Agreed. As a sideline, one of the interesting things about nearly all of the
Islamist outrages committed in the West by native-born young men, is that they have previously been part of street gangs and heavy drug and alcohol consumers.. I suspect the loss of legitimate, caring authority in their lives , plus the distortion of mental processes caused by mind-altering drugs, is probably a far greater cause than "oppression".

No doubt this comment will be labeled "authoritarian" by those who try to paint any attempt to impose standards of conduct and restraint as akin to Nazism, but I'd suggest that many people may be "oppressed" by too much freedom, just as they may by unearned authority.
Two more flags before I die!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Jezza wrote:
Wokko wrote:Oppression doesn't radicalise, terrorism is the entirely predictable product of a religion that offers paradise for killing non believers, is and always has been spread through conquest and forceful immigration and deals with any dissent, heresy or apostasy with the death penalty.

Poland wont accept Muslim refugees and has pretty much 0 terrorism. Germany next door and France are riddled with it. The countries that are opening their arms to these snakes are the ones being bitten, not the 'oppressors'.
Sweden is the most notable example of a country that has largely stayed out of international conflicts, but has opened the borders only for it to endure the wrath of terrorism as well.
This seems a slightly dubious claim. Most of the serious acts of terrorism in Sweden in recent years have been by white supremacists.
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

What's your favourite part of Germany?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Poland.
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

David wrote:Oppression radicalises. That's not an excuse or justification; it's a simple statement of cause and effect. No surprise that Islamic extremism is flourishing under regimes as hyper-authoritarian as Egypt and the Philippines.
The muslim extremists were around the Phillipines long before Duerte came to power. Some would say he came to power because of them. The people thought this bloke will stamp out radicals and drug dealers.

To be honest I never understood why the PI didn't give Mindanao up and say ok. You wanted independence now you can have it.Provided you give safe passage to all christians so they can move and you take take all muslims who want to leave the rest of the philipines. No exception. We will give you back your home ground terrorist but they are never to set foot on PI soil again. ever. You are on your own. Here is a share of the treasury. Defend yourself, feed yourself, and do what you want. But you cross the line and we will sink your boats.
You can guarantee the majority of people there would have said "Stuff that, we don't want out, we don't want sharia law".
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Jezza wrote:

This seems a slightly dubious claim. Most of the serious acts of terrorism in Sweden in recent years have been by white supremacists.
4 serious terrorism incidents, 3 were Islam. Sweden has become the rape capital of the world, the vast majority of which are perpetrated by Muslim immigrants and their offspring.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

^ False. Sweden does not have a significantly higher proportion of rapes than other European nations, and probably has significantly less per capita than most third-world countries. What they have is a much broader definition of rape than nearly any other country, and much more stringent policing of it.

As they say in the classics: lies, damn lies and statistics.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

David wrote:^ False. Sweden does not have a significantly higher proportion of rapes than other European nations, and probably has significantly less per capita than most third-world countries. What they have is a much broader definition of rape than nearly any other country, and much more stringent policing of it.

Total, utter, unmitigated bullshit. Did you read that in the Huffington Post?
HAL
Been liked: 3 times

Post by HAL »

No I didn't read that in the Huffington Post yet. Tell me about that in the Huffington Post
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Wokko wrote:
David wrote:^ False. Sweden does not have a significantly higher proportion of rapes than other European nations, and probably has significantly less per capita than most third-world countries. What they have is a much broader definition of rape than nearly any other country, and much more stringent policing of it.

Total, utter, unmitigated bullshit. Did you read that in the Huffington Post?
Accusing me of reading the Huffington Post is a pretty low blow, Wokko. ;)

No, I read it here:

https://www.thelocal.se/20170221/why-sw ... -the-world

And here:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-39056786

And here:

http://www.snopes.com/crime-sweden-rape-capital-europe/

And also used my common sense, because even if Sweden had somehow been turned into some kind of Scandinavian Mogadishu via immigration, it still wouldn't be as bad as actual Mogadishu. But separating increased reportage from increased incidence is an age-old problem when it comes to interpreting crime data. I wouldn't expect Breitbart to understand that nuance, but I think you're much more intelligent than that.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 32 times

Hardly rates a mention?

Post by Skids »

Don't count the days, make the days count.
Skids

Post by Skids »

Jihad Report
April, 2017

Attacks 165
Killed 1336
Injured 946
Suicide Blasts 30
Countries 25

Jihad Report
May 20, 2017 -
May 26, 2017

Attacks 52
Killed 358
Injured 485
Suicide Blasts 11
Countries 14
luvdids

Post by luvdids »

I guess the fact that you know about them, and provided links to stories about them, means they have been noticed.
Skids

Post by Skids »

luvdids wrote:I guess the fact that you know about them, and provided links to stories about them, means they have been noticed.
You could think that. But unless you specifically name the city and country with 'attack', a simple search won't bring it up.

If you type in "Latest terrorist attack", you will get a few pages of the UK attack and then all sorts of other, what must be.... :? stuff that we need to know,.... I guess :shock:

Since the Manchester attack, on the 22nd, there have been 18 Islamic terrorist attacks, in 10 different countries, that have resulted in; 185 dead & a further 134 injured...

How many had you heard of before you saw this thread again?

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/atta ... ?Yr=Last30