Post Match. Pies down to Dogs. All comments, please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Quincy

Re: pies v dogs

Post by Quincy »

orie wrote:Oh I forgot... Moore is so overated. Check out his decision making and kicking...
He kicked at 94% disposal efficiency from 17 disposals, which was the highest in the team apart from Magden whose was 100 but he did not have 1 kick. :D
Quincy

Post by Quincy »

dalyc wrote:Not a lot to say. Flu played a part? So many substandard players.
Normal Pies injury list not helping?

I’m worried that our kids are B graders at best. Hopefully wrong.

Moore, DeGoey … I’d seriously consider trades for both.

Crisp streets ahead of every Pie player

We missed the boat now that Moore has re-signed, we are stuck with him.

DeGoey may be traded.

Crisp is consistent but tbh he runs around without an opponent yet we squeal when Howe and Moore do not stay on theirs.
Born to Pie
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Born to Pie »

We had four 19 year old and one 20 year old playing last night, Dogs youngest was on debut and is 20 years old.

Our 19 year olds were:
Daicos N - 21 disposals in his 9th game
Begg - not a great night 5 hitouts and 2 disposals
Poulter - 13 disposals and 4 tackles
Henry - 10 disposals, 6 marks for 3 behinds

20 year old Macrae was medi sub, only played 27% of game time for 4 disposals and 2 tackles.

We are rebuilding, patience is required because there is no quick fix.
In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

A big no effing way to Caddy. That’s all I’m allowed to say.

And geezus, people want Sier back and think he was hard done by?!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Mr Miyagi wrote:A big no effing way to Caddy. That’s all I’m allowed to say.

And geezus, people want Sier back and think he was hard done by?!
yeah, some people seem to be stuck in 2018 when Cox and Sier looked capable.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

burnsy17 wrote:I’m not sure if it’s been commented on yet as I haven’t read through the 10 pages of this thread, but I thought for the first time ever, Tyler Brown showed me something last night to give me some hope.

His brother Cal also showed me something last night….but it wasn’t good!!
Interesting. I thought Tyler showed a bit for the first time last week. I don’t think there’s any doubt he’s slowly showing some improvement but sadly, I agree with you about Callum too. Young blokes ( more Tyler than Callum ) don’t need to have great games early but you’re always looking for moments that are positive. Hopefully his last fortnight is a sign of better things to come but that’s probably more likely 2023 onwards.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Tyler just needs a regular role and games, he kind of suffered in previous years getting a game once in a blue moon and not really cementing what kind of role he should be playing. I hope he proves me wrong, he was a better prospect than Callum.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Watch Hawthorn and their forward line to fully realise how far off this club is right now.

Big forwards who can clunk the rock.

Until we draft and / or trade for competent bigs we’re masquerading as a real AFL club.
Est. 2002
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Mr Miyagi wrote:A big no effing way to Caddy. That’s all I’m allowed to say.
It feels like Gorundhog Day. I'm sure I already posted that he retired last week?

Edit: Yes, I did - and I see that Pies2016 has confirmed it.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Born to Pie wrote: We are rebuilding, patience is required because there is no quick fix.
A lot of this stuff was posted before the season because it was stating the obvious. I find it curious that Collingwood supporters still need to be told the above information. Surely they didn’t expect to make the finals this season? I’m very happy to sit back and watch the rebuild with realistic expectations of results and observe the development of future stars. That’ll do me fine.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Rick

Post by Rick »

I thought we were expecting some positional changes. So far the only change has been the Pendlebury/Crisp swap.

The clearances work is abysmal. What happened to seeing Maynard or Quaynor having a run through the middle?

Secondly, surely everyone has seen enough of the Brown brothers to know they haven’t got much of a future at AFL level. I don’t know why they didn’t persist with McInnes instead of those two.
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

Rick wrote:I thought we were expecting some positional changes. So far the only change has been the Pendlebury/Crisp swap.

The clearances work is abysmal. What happened to seeing Maynard or Quaynor having a run through the middle?

Secondly, surely everyone has seen enough of the Brown brothers to know they haven’t got much of a future at AFL level. I don’t know why they didn’t persist with McInnes instead of those two.
Look you might be 100% correct but I think we should give them the rest of the season to show us whether they have the desired skills or not. I remember having a terrible time with my form in competitive cricket and really struggling but suddenly it all kicks into place and the runs flow. Sometimes you just have to persist a little while longer. I wouldn’t make any decisions about their futures until the end of the season.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
Dark Beanie
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Any decision will of course be made at season send.

But Cal Brown has been given time, he has shown he is better than VFL not good enough for AFL. Can get the ball but not a good decision maker.

Tyler Brown is still a WIP so he still has time to show what he can offer.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

This may have been covered but I haven't read the venting ehh I mean thread but I just wanted to shout out to Henry.

The most difficult part of being a mid size forward is getting the ball. He can do that. He didn't get many if any cheap possessions, he put himself in good positions and earned them.

Yeah his finishing was right off but that will come good with self belief and practice. 200 gamer in the making.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Some perspective needed.

We are now lower on the ladder than Port.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.