#20 Ben Reid

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

uuuuu..... The LoneSTAR wrote:Actually, i think Reid is showing to be more of a 'footballer' than Dawes!
Can you explain a Bit more
I am Da Man
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

magpie greg wrote:Dawes has shown a lot more. He did more in his 4 games last year than Reid has done in all his games combined.

I cant think of one Reid highlight.
I can think of one game, against Carlton last year, which we obviously lost, when I'm pretty sure Reid had 16 possessions and took about 10 marks. Not bad for a rising 6ft 5 18-year-old. So don't really know if Dawesy has shown that much more. Reckon they're on a par those two.
Billy Picken, the great No. 25 in the sky!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Podpicken wrote:
magpie greg wrote:Dawes has shown a lot more. He did more in his 4 games last year than Reid has done in all his games combined.

I cant think of one Reid highlight.
I can think of one game, against Carlton last year, which we obviously lost, when I'm pretty sure Reid had 16 possessions and took about 10 marks. Not bad for a rising 6ft 5 18-year-old. So don't really know if Dawesy has shown that much more. Reckon they're on a par those two.
True but I still think Dawes is just ahead because he seems to have a Cooler Head and Does Quite well when the Ball hits the ground.

Those Reid is a better mark then Dawes
I am Da Man
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

I think you're right, Dave. And I also think Dawesy may have better hands than Reid. Reid has better pace and agility.
melliot

Post by melliot »

Yep. Different types of KF, Dawes and Reid. Dawes will be a Rocca type and Reid a Tarrant type. Roughly speaking!
Dave The Man

Post by Dave The Man »

Podpicken wrote:I think you're right, Dave. And I also think Dawesy may have better hands than Reid. Reid has better pace and agility.
True those I do find that Dawes takes 2 goes to take a mark sometimes
I am Da Man
DaVe86

Post by DaVe86 »

turns out leigh brown is ahead of both
There's more to life than footy.........just not much more.
burnsy17

Post by burnsy17 »

DaVe86 wrote:turns out leigh brown is ahead of both

Another vote of confidence for our kids from the coach.... :shock:
Beware the swooping Magpie.
Magpie Since 1986

Post by Magpie Since 1986 »

DaVe86 wrote:turns out leigh brown is ahead of both
Leigh Brown has been brought in to take Bryan's spot, not Reid's spot. Fraser isn't going to ruck 100% of the game by himself.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

^
You're probably right. I couldn't imagine Josh going at it alone, especially when apparently not 100%
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 77 times

Post by stui magpie »

^

I'm a fan of goldsack too. He's tall, fast and hard at it. Give him a few years and 10kg and he's capable of doing a KP back role.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

this thread is a disgrace, pretty sad when you come on here, 1 round down, the coach needs to be sacked, people bagging a 19 year old KPP and basically acting like ferals, this place looks to have gone to the ferals, when bigfooty has better discussion thats when you know your in trouble..
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Yes but what will you say about the selectors if/when they bring him back, Greg?

You can't call them to your defence now if you're going to bag them later.
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
Podpicken

Post by Podpicken »

magpie greg wrote:
Pied Piper wrote:Yes but what will you say about the selectors if/when they bring him back, Greg?

You can't call them to your defence now if you're going to bag them later.
I think the point you are trying to make is if the re-select him later on and then keep selecting him and he establishes himself.

Giving him another go doesnt mean anything.

My comment was meant to mean they agreed with us to the extent that his game was abysmal and he deserved to be dropped.

It is not his fault we picked him in the draft, it is our fault.
don't put yourself in the same league as the selectors, my friend, they are worlds above you. You're way off the mark about Reid. I'm sure if the selectors were on this forum they would have given you what for with your thoughts about him too
Lazza

Post by Lazza »