Farewell #28 Nathan Murphy

Player President threads here thanks.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Anyone else notice how well this guy protects the drop zone in a marking contest. It’s a skill and he’s one of those players whenever you see him involved in a marking contest, you know he’s not likely to be outmarked.
He’s not trying to do too much when takes the ball either.
Has all the tools for a serious breakout year next season if he can get through it injury free.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Murphy has been a revelation under Fly. A complete player transformation. It's like he went into a cocoon stasis over the summer and a serious footballer popped out. Gone is the uncertain, no confidence, poor decision maker under Buckley to this defensive beast we have now. Strong, assured, smart, brave and reliable, everything I like in a defender. With Roughy retiring & Madgen injured he now has a spot to make his own. He is another reason why the team is going so well.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Piethagoras' Theorem
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Piethagoras' Theorem »

Reminds me of Luke Ball with his reckless bravery sometimes. Great to watch but geez, heart in my mouth moments aplenty!
Formally frankiboy and FrankieGoesToCollingwood.
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Didnt Roughead make a comment about looking forward to seeing Murphy play?

Roughy could be spending a bit of time with him. Anyone know?
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Murph

Post by dalyc »

Love the Murph. Finally get an injury free run and demonstrating why our recruiters rated him so highly.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Hugely underrated reason we are a contender this year. Good overhead, fiercely committed, and very active and competent once it hits the ground. Fantastic development.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Reminds me of Shane Morwood - from a different era and playing style but same calmness and great skills. More crazy courage than just about any player I've seen
I think therefore I think - I think
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

Love him
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Our Robocop.

No coincidence that we are 8-0 since he came into the team this year.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
1eyedpie
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by 1eyedpie »

For the life of me I couldn’t understand why he didn’t get a free in the second qtr when he was running with the flight of the ball and Tex hip and shoulderd him front on! Despicable by the umpires not to protect him.
Never disperse your focus unless absolutely necessary. Face one adversary at a time!

BARRACK HARD!
Duff Soviet Union

Post by Duff Soviet Union »

He's not without his attributes, but he seriously needs to improve his composure with the ball. Everything seems to be a blind kick and hope at the moment.
"We ain't gotta dream no more"
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Great player....its a damn shame we don't have Sharenberg back there as well, him and Murph were two players who could never get the body right...one makes it through, one does not
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ By the end of it, Scharenberg didn't have the pace for AFL. It always looked to me like he didn't at the start, either - but certainly by by the time he played his last game that I can remember (against West Coast), he was an acfual liability because he could not cover ground. He reminded me a bit of some of the great VFA players we used to watch in the 60s and 70s - talented "footballers" when they were allowed to play the game at their pace but many of the best of them struggled to make the transition to play at the top level.
Duff Soviet Union

Post by Duff Soviet Union »

I never really rated Scharenberg either. He was a total liability in any kind of contest, and even as a loose man, his disposal was more "neat" than actually damaging.
"We ain't gotta dream no more"
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Correct. His kicking lacked depth.