Coaches sacking watch 2013

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

Neeld is damaged goods now. AFL senior coaching career is done.
AN_Inkling

Post by AN_Inkling »

Could we get him back as an assistant?
Well done boys!
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

Woods Of Ypres wrote:Neeld is damaged goods now. AFL senior coaching career is done.
On ABC radio tonight they were virtually writing his footy obituary. They said coaches are always a scapegoat but something must happen at Melbourne. You look at their draw over the next five weeks and the only window of opportunity they have is on the Queens Birthday. :wink: Only kidding folks! 8)

At the very outside Francis Leech said that Neeld would be gone after these rounds.
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

Could Melbourne be that stupid? Appeasing the press is what got Bailey sacked and for what result? Has it made them better?

Sacking Neeld before season's end would be idiotic.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

AN_Inkling wrote:Could we get him back as an assistant?
You seriously think he'll look anywhere else but Carlton?

Mick will have him on the payroll within a week of being sacked.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

Sacking Neeld won't change anything at Melbourne. As my mom and grandmother said today (both Dees fans), everyone needs to be fired from top to bottom and the club needs to start again even though they've heard people say that in the past 40 years.

Melbourne's list is deplorable, but you have to wonder what's wrong with the club's culture and what are the people higher up in the Melbourne hierarchy doing to improve the current circumstances of the club's problems on the field and I guess off it as well?

I feel no sympathy for their players or the people in charge of the club's recruiting, development, finances etc, but I do feel sorry for the supporters. Maybe it's because I've got a soft spot for them even though I shouldn't :oops:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Jezza wrote:Voss is in a lot of trouble. The Lions win the NAB Cup, but they haven't shown anything to suggest that they'll improve this year. As a matter of fact, they're going backwards pretty quickly.

I would be surprised if Voss wasn't the first coach to receive his marching orders this year. Neeld might still be the first coach to receive the sack if Melbourne lose by a 100 points consistently for the next few weeks. Is there any chance if Melbourne were blown away tomorrow against the Suns that he would be sacked?
Shows what a crapshoot the NAB cup is. Results are meaningless.

Neeld inherited a basket case and the least the MFC can do is give him some time to turn things around. Situation is compounded by their current run of injuries, they just don't have the senior depth to cover them.
sixpoints

Post by sixpoints »

Carlton have deteriorated since last year. They are being thrashed by St Kilda. They are devoid of any game plan, and Watters is coaching a master class and is making all the running.
The players don't appear to be responding, they don't know their roles. What is the game plan?
They will not make the 8.
The club needs to admit they have made a mistake.
The coach has to go. The President too.

Hmmmmm Sound familiar?
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

sixpoints wrote:Carlton have deteriorated since last year. They are being thrashed by St Kilda. They are devoid of any game plan, and Watters is coaching a master class and is making all the running.
The players don't appear to be responding, they don't know their roles. What is the game plan?

Hmmmmm Sound familiar?
yep, carlton every other year.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Hm

Post by Hm »

John Wren wrote:
sixpoints wrote:Carlton have deteriorated since last year. They are being thrashed by St Kilda. They are devoid of any game plan, and Watters is coaching a master class and is making all the running.

Hmmmmm Sound familiar?
yep, carlton every other year.
Bitchmond?
The_Staunton

Post by The_Staunton »

Can someone explain to me how in the name of God there hasn't been a blow torch turned on Brendan McCartney yet - his record is just as bad as Neelds lately...

It surely wouldn't be as shallow as Neeld looks weird in photos and isn't "a good bloke" like Macca is it?
We just got nutted at the clearances...
Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:Voss is in a lot of trouble. The Lions win the NAB Cup, but they haven't shown anything to suggest that they'll improve this year. As a matter of fact, they're going backwards pretty quickly.

I would be surprised if Voss wasn't the first coach to receive his marching orders this year. Neeld might still be the first coach to receive the sack if Melbourne lose by a 100 points consistently for the next few weeks. Is there any chance if Melbourne were blown away tomorrow against the Suns that he would be sacked?
Shows what a crapshoot the NAB cup is. Results are meaningless.

Neeld inherited a basket case and the least the MFC can do is give him some time to turn things around. Situation is compounded by their current run of injuries, they just don't have the senior depth to cover them.
I actually think Neeld has a smart footy brain, but he has nothing to work with, and therefore it's making him look worse than he is. If the Melbourne board caves into the pressure of the Dees fans wanting Neeld gone, then I still don't believe anything will change.

The NAB Cup has always been crap. For crying out loud, the Scum won it in years they won the wooden spoon in the Home and Away season.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

How long now folks?

End of the season?
Kingswood

Post by Kingswood »

Shut the **** up, Jack.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Well with the Dees copping yet another Flogging. 85-14 at Half Time.

Neeld Has to get the Sack
I am Da Man