Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Piesnchess wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:I never wanted him to leave, I wanted us to keep him as I knew it was gonna fkn bite us on the ass big time.
Our loss is their gain, they’re the ones laughing right now & to add salt in the wound, we’re paying part of his salary to kick goals, one that actually won them the game.

IF he had stayed, we would not have got Bobby Hill, Mitchell and Mcstay,freed up our salary cap, they have been great for us, Grundy plays one good game in four, always has. :o
This

He wasn’t great today, we were clearly undermanned. I’ll take a 4 point loss

As for booing I’m row F literally next to the cheers squad, I didnt hear boos, junior said a couple did, but when his pic came upon the screen pregame lots clapped.

When he kicked the goal it was just silence
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Pies4shaw wrote:Did he? Didn't even look to me like he was even trying.
Careful, last time I saw him look like he was trying was the 2019 PF!

Still not worth the money we were paying him
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Pies4shaw wrote:^Except when he was all-Australian, twice, won 2 Copelands and was named Herald-Sun player of the year. There's no need to talk actual shit.

and how many seasons ago was that sunshine, long time ago now. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Woods Of Ypres
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Woods Of Ypres »

not enough boos to put him off his second set shot which was the dagger in the end. well done guys.
piedys
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by piedys »

Pies4shaw wrote:^ As a matter of interest, how many times in your career have you voluntarily cut your own pay by 30%?
Well no, but you "re-negotiate your contract" by extending and taking unders in the final year or two, to balance things out.

Now don't tell us that doesn't go on at every other club! :o
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

^ Too right, bloody Geelong says hello.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:^Except when he was all-Australian, twice, won 2 Copelands and was named Herald-Sun player of the year. There's no need to talk actual shit.

and how many seasons ago was that sunshine, long time ago now. :o
Coincidentally enough before he signed tbe $7 million contract that he demanded.

But for some reason he just didn’t have the motivation to ever perform again after his financial future had been secured, amazing that…
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

ANNODAM wrote:I never wanted him to leave, I wanted us to keep him as I knew it was gonna fkn bite us on the ass big time.
Our loss is their gain, they’re the ones laughing right now & to add salt in the wound, we’re paying part of his salary to kick goals, one that actually won them the game.
We’re on top of the ladder 11-2 and flying, a position we haven’t been in since before Brodie Grundy ever played for Collingwood.

There was only one difference today, Collingwood was missing our most important player, JDG.
Meredith1965

Post by Meredith1965 »

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

eddiesmith wrote:
We’re on top of the ladder 11-2 and flying, a position we haven’t been in since before Brodie Grundy ever played for Collingwood.

There was only one difference today, Collingwood was missing our most important player, JDG.

AND Sidearse, missed him bigtime too, make NO mistake. :o

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Tom Turkey Ellott, son of ol pigs arse Caaaarlton John, going off his tits on radio this arvo, saying " many, many Pies fans booed Grundy ", and it was a disgrace,he said. Thats strange, I heard he was hardly booed at all. ! Then again what can you expect from a Carlton flog, its par for the course.

Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Bucks5 »

I think Grundy was booed twice. His first touch and when he kicked a goal.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

I am told reliably, by a Collingwood supporter in attendance, albeit as a guest in the MCC), that Grundy was booed vigorously every time he touched the ball in the first half, that it died down, mostly, before arcing up late.
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

As guests of the mcc?

So Melbourne supporters?

I had my hearing aides in, I didn’t hear boos, and my daughter with perfect hearing only heard a couple. If the booing was bad it would knock everything off the front page.

When his photo came up at the start people clapped, there was silence after his goal, except the *&%%^&(*^$ in front of me.

He was shown plenty of respect, and he also acted gracefully, unlike olly.

Non story. And he was not the reason they won. Gawn was very good, we really handed off some doozy passes, and poor old checkers and Bobby were smashed as they took all the good defenders.

Tired under mannedteam lost by 4 points.

Any of JDG, Jamie or Ginny play, we win.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!