AFLW Round 9

The home for conversation about our AFLW team - the best women's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

I think Collingwood AFLW have got ahead of themselves and need to re think I reckon the whole AFLW is a virtual signal exercise anyway bullshit AFL premiership all that matters this other bullshit is crap
3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

They looked slow and really made space for one another, it was a spanking.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

The girls know how to disgrace the Collingwood jersey
maurs64
Been liked: 1 time

Post by maurs64 »

90 nice wrote:I think Collingwood AFLW have got ahead of themselves and need to re think I reckon the whole AFLW is a virtual signal exercise anyway bullshit AFL premiership all that matters this other bullshit is crap
If you don't like AFLW. Don't watch. And certainly don't post your crap on here!
The problem with the AFLW is that they have expanded too quickly. The bottom 6-10 players of EVERY team wouldn't get a game with any of the foundation teams from 2017!
As for Collingwood, apart from their backline, they are very weak across the rest of the ground. Mainly due to long term injuries and poor recruiting. Much like the men's team actually!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

I guess what we accept it
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Ash Brazill was a late withdrawal with an abductor injury, pulled up a bit sore after training.

Ruby got a knock to her hip in 2nd qtr and it was decided not to play in her 2nd half due to 6 day break to the Lions game.

Mikayla Cann got a stud in her knee at training 4 weeks ago and the injury is taking a while to heal.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
Dark Beanie

Post by Dark Beanie »

North were far too quick and their marking throughout the game was strong.

Because they had runners across the ground they were able to set up behind the ball (had an extra down back) and repel any Pies forward entries.

Also one of the few games this season where North has kicked relatively straight.

Pies lack of pace was shown up and too many dropped marks & poor disposal.

The last 2 rounds were always going to be a challenge for the Pies.
Have managed to cover the absence of Bri & Britt for most of the season but against better skilled teams, grunt alone is not going to get the win.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Lack bri and bonnie
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Horrible game got to play better
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Agree dark beanie Collingwood kept on fumbling the ball and north were way better
They handled the conditions perfectly
Collingwood were crap
Time to delist Fredrick after this aflw as well
Need to get 2 good forwards who can actually play
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

That’s what happens when you are never in front and are behind all day
North forwards presented Collingwood didn’t
They looked lost yesterday
Never have I’ve seen them play like they could not give a crap
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Collingwood definitely has lost that always going to win at Victoria park theme as well The opposition do not fear Victoria park anymore
Easy beats at VP
VP has long lost its hostility
Dark Beanie

Post by Dark Beanie »

North 9.3.57 defeated Pies 4.1.25

Goals: Molloy, James, Brown, Chiocci
Best: Lambert (again), Molloy, Livingstone, Allen, Butler

Injuries: Schleicher (hip), Ash Brazill (adductor) replaced in selected side by Imogen Evans

Match report:

https://www.womens.afl/news/110813/boun ... -fall-flat

After the Tigers big win yesterday, the Pies have dropped out of the top 4. Now 5th with a 147% (% took a hit on the weekend).

With an away game coming up against the Lions, the Pies will most likely finish in the bottom half of the eight and face an elimination final.