Post Match. Pies sink Suns. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Frampton 15 disposals, 2 goals and played forward, ruck and in defence.

Hard to justify his omission as he provides so much in game insurance across 3 areas of the ground.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

think positive wrote:Go bombers!!

Cmon get a game free

What a game
Wash your mouth out, but I'm with you. Lol.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

masoncox wrote:Compare that game to the Bux game day strategy.
No going back sideways and slow footy.
It is blast them them out.
So so glad we got rid of Bux.
Hasn't everything looked up since then.
No one is fighting on this board.
It is so peaceful and pleasant to post now
Bliss

I agree to a certain extent, but to be fair, Bucks did bring in some of these then kids, like Beau, Murphy, Quarner, etc in his last yr of tenure, to blood them then, and he did teach our defence to be lean an mean, in defensive work. But to be sure, Fly has us playing a much better attacking, chaos , mass swarming game, very exciting, undoubtedly based on the Tigers model that netted them 3 flags. Fly was at the tigers, he learnt from that game style. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
BEAMER09
Been liked: 8 times

Post by BEAMER09 »

Piesnchess wrote:
Bliss

I agree to a certain extent, but to be fair, Bucks did bring in some of these then kids, like Beau, Murphy, Quarner, etc in his last yr of tenure, to blood them then, and he did teach our defence to be lean an mean, in defensive work. But to be sure, Fly has us playing a much better attacking, chaos , mass swarming game, very exciting, undoubtedly based on the Tigers model that netted them 3 flags. Fly was at the tigers, he learnt from that game style. :o
And no sign of our President during games with silly antics...
COLLINGW09D
jatsad
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jatsad »

How do you know he didn’t create that style
Jatsad - That is all
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

The 1st half was sensational football. The 2nd half was pretty good but not superb. Was wanting a 100pt win but 78 will have to do I suppose!! 8)

Outside of that 20 min patch where they kicked 4 unanswered, we controlled the game completely. I thought the Suns looked beaten from the opening bounce which is a good sign for us that they probably believed they couldn't beat us regardless of the effort they put in. So, in these situations you get a win that looks like a training run.

It might be a horses for courses situation but Frampton plays week in week out from here. His versatility is really valuable. Kicked a couple of goals and defended strongly. Did what we needed him to do at both ends. Markov as well provides a lot of energy and speed; he plays as well. Not sure who goes out for JDG, probably HH but it is going to be really tough to squeeze in everyone soon. Guys will have to make way that don't deserve to. Great place for the team to be.

Well done, Pies! Carry on.
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
Jezza
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Post by Jezza »

Very enjoyable game. Thought this might be a tough game, so I'm absolutely overjoyed that we've won as convincingly as we have.

When we're allowed to play corridor football and run in waves, we're a force to be reckoned with. It's so aesthetically pleasing to watch as a supporter and no wonder why we're the hottest ticket in town at the moment.

Great effort by Jamie to kick 5 goals. Had a quiet first half of the season with only 10 goals before the bye, but since the bye he's now up to 7 goals already (2 last week, 5 today). Hopefully he wins Goal of the Year after that effort to keep the ball in play and run around the goals to soccer it off the ground.

Our back six was the backbone of our victory today. Noble, IQ, Howe, Moore, Markov were all on fire and looking for any opportunity to move the ball quickly and catch the Suns out of position.

Frampton will be hard to push out. 15 disposals and 2 goals is enough to keep him in the side next week. I'm still hoping that McStay does well tomorrow in the reserves to push for senior selection next week. I think he'll really help us with freeing up Mihocek who's been kept quiet the last few weeks.

The Daicos boys are just a blessing for us at this point. Hitting targets, gut running and elite skills.

The Dogs next Friday night will be a great contest. I'm wary that our biggest losing margin under Fly was against them last year just prior to the beginning of our 11-game winning streak. I'm hoping our clearance game has improved enough from last year where they destroyed us in the middle. Compete with them in this department and we go a long way to keeping up this winning run.

Looking forward to a relaxing rest of the weekend :)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:Media had been pumping up the Suns all the week.

Hahahaha.
As did the tv commentators early on until the idiots realised that they were going to look even more bloody stupid than usual
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Jezza
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Post by Jezza »

Jezza wrote:Biggest winning margin under Fly.
Following up on this, I just realised it was our biggest winning margin in 7 years.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Bliss
Let's please keep it that way.
Leave Bux out of it - he's old news and long gone.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

swoop42 wrote:Frampton 15 disposals, 2 goals and played forward, ruck and in defence.

Hard to justify his omission as he provides so much in game insurance across 3 areas of the ground.
Agree. He has become a multi-dimensional player. Today, he was in the ruck and in f50. His presence allows a kaleidoscope of permutations between Cameron, Cox and himself. Moreover, when needed (not so much today), he can go to defence.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

inxs88 wrote:Bulldogs Game:

In:

DeGoey

Out:

Harrison

Sub from: McCreery
McCreery may be injured, as may Maynard.
Pressure on ginni tomorrow to rip up the VFL, and explain why he should be considered instead of Harrison to potentially replace McCreery
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
MagpiesTheGreat

Post by MagpiesTheGreat »

https://www.afl.com.au/video/960685/hig ... 8205478001

Highlights for those of us staying at home
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

It is incredible to say that JDG, one of the best mids in the AFL, is still to come into this team.
Likewise, Dan McStay, and Ginni (who hopefully can re-establish his claim for a position in our forward line in the VFL tomorrow.)
edit: oh, and how could i forget, one of the best link up players in the competition, Steele Sidebottom as well!
Last edited by Magpietothemax on Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

swoop42 wrote:Frampton 15 disposals, 2 goals and played forward, ruck and in defence.

and what a recruit He turned out to be...
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️