Post Match. Pies dump Lions. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Culprit wrote:Frampton has improved that 5%, he was fantastic. Those who bag Shultz simply don't understand a team game. Beau's pressure was infectious but overall it was a solid team game for 3 qtrs. 1 qtr we struggled and in saying that, we are in their heads.
That is what Daicos said about Shultz.
I still cant see it.
Maybe I will see it next time
Jezza
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Will never get tired of that winning feeling.
Enjoy the long weekend everyone.
Last edited by Jezza on Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Amazing lads, toughest task on the road. It's been a while since we've rolled them at the Gabbotoir, 2019!
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

masoncox wrote:
Culprit wrote:Frampton has improved that 5%, he was fantastic. Those who bag Shultz simply don't understand a team game. Beau's pressure was infectious but overall it was a solid team game for 3 qtrs. 1 qtr we struggled and in saying that, we are in their heads.
I still cant see it.
He shoulda mentioned Beau!
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Thank goodness!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
DT
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by DT »

Great win. This looked like a McRae Collingwood game. Crisp had a massive impact off the bench l. I thought it was the best selected team of the year. Many good performances - Moore was solid tonight and so was Howe. Top top win. Go Pies!!!
Daicos, impossible angle ... Goal!
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

masoncox wrote:
I still cant see it.
The perception is he was going to kick goals. The pressure he puts on the ball carrier is immense. He sets up others, the club put a video out showing what he does. It's a pity we can't get a video on just his game as I believe many would be shocked.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

Fantastic effort more akin to 2023 with a big game from Elliott.
A few players were average to poor so plenty of improvement left in this team.

Frampton was sensational again and it looks like he has found his spot in Murphy’s absence.

Onwards and upwards!!
- Side By Side -
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au
Been liked: 1 time

Post by kymbo5@yahoo.com.au »

Soooooo GREAT to see Noble playing again. We are better with him in our team.
kymbo
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

season started tonight
that's the team we recognise
well done pies and keep building from here
woodsmen rule
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

Well done Pieschness. I’m with you. Had a work call at half time, fair to say I was a bit agitated. And then this beautiful football team. I think I have worked out I just love them and hate people taking pot shots against us. But not this weekend because the Giant awakes. Game on. Have a great weekend all.
Dispatches from a foreign land
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Couldn't be happier for the lads. You felt for them being off the pace and struggling to find that edge again, especially with the usual media vultures parasiting off our start.

Happy to see some edge back to senior players like Jamie, Crispy, Bruzzy, Checkers, Joshy and Tommy, while I couldn't be happier to see Johnny Noble and Frampers make good returns. You know it can't be easy to get back up to pace after last season and its finale.

With the tackling and intensity back up, Nicky Boy going back was the right move to help the team remember the other strand to its DNA, ball movement, which depends completely on anticipating, running, overlapping, following up and working back.

When you consider those two strands of our game - the muscle work over the ball and pressure in the contest, and the manic gut running - you can understand how hard it is to push over the barrier and get a taste for it again.

Now to do it for a string of games to rebuild that muscle memory.

Congrats to Tommy on his 200th. Obviously a quality bloke and team man who played a fittngly Tommy-like game to mark the occasion.

I love going through the ups and downs and seeing how individuals, the team and club works its way through things. Maybe at my age I'm slower to judge, knowing how hard it is to push through the pain barrier and to find new rhythm and motivation as life throws new things at you.

Carna' Pies.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Loved,loved,loved that game,Just such an inredibly gutsy effort from a team that really had its backs to the wall.So many heroes tonight,Billy Elliott,Billy Frampton,Mihocek etc.Just feels great to be on the winning side again.Well done,boys.
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Well. Where did that second half come from? I'm thrilled with the pressure rating. Crisp was good when he came on. Lots of effort. Frampton good again. Noble great - welcome back son.

Pleased to see the forward line gaining some cohesion. Overall, it is too early to say we're back, but we certainly put ourselves back into the season. A win against Hawthorn now will really set us up going into the bye.

I must say at halftime I didn't think we had it in us in that humidity. But the boys found another gear. Reward for Fly's confidence in the players.
winpies
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Post by winpies »

You bloody beauty. Go Pies
carn the mighty pies!