Post Match. Pies bury Blues. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Pi

Post by Pi »

Nothing better, Carlton lose and that cheese d!ck Voss with a sad look on his face.
Pi = Infinite = Collingwood = Always
Floreat Pica
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I was right , Harrison and Sullivan, great games, de ja vu the 1958 GF, against a very fancied opponent, history repeats itself. Lovely victory. ! Voss the toss can suck shit , and enjoy it.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

So nervous that second half but omg what a match winning goal by Nick Daicos. Goal of the week contender. Won the game off his boot.
Some day he will play a fwd 50 role and could kick a dozen with his talent.

Well we were all fooled weren’t we, staring down the barrel at 0-3 and Lachie Neales backside and now we’re 4.5 and 3. It’s a good comeback from that early hole. By fly logic we’ve only got 10more wins to go.

Good to see Sullivan get a run and get amongst it. What a great game to start. I hope he goes on for a while now. Given Titch and De Goey break. Bring in one of Macrae McInnes Demattia Richards Jiath or Carmichael next week and give them a go
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Maggienificent!!!!!!

That's the spirit, lads. Up against it, but fight to the last and refuse to concede. Youngsters step up. Tackling ferocious. Superstar buries the old enemy, and his old man's old enemy.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

HHH, Harrison is up to the pace of senior football. He's going to be a good player for a long time.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

Imagine being a carlton supporter.... losing to Collingwood by a goal.. and that goal being a player that supported Carlton all his life... but decided to come to Collingwood to play instead.....
HAHAHA

HAHA
HAHAAHHA
HAHAHA
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

An incredible, magnificent win that only a team of immense belief and inner mental fortitude could have produced.
So proud of our team tonight.
We have a team of immense fortitude.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

After quarter time, the midfield rotations of Naicos, Pendles, Crisp, Lipinski and Sullivan were brilliant. Thought Crisp and Lipinski were unheralded but very important whenever it mattered.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Monco Matt

Post by Monco Matt »

Is there no better feeling than sticking it to all those Carlton dickheads. There is no better vicotry in the game than that, especially with a final minute goal to break their hearts...again. I am just loving this right now and to watch Nicky D stick one right up em at the death was just a thing of beauty.

Carna Woods!
RED "BABY" CAVANAUGH: Didn't hear what the bet was.

MONCO: Your life.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Oh my God,that was so exciting.What a win.Half our midfield out,then losing Mcreery to injury early on,then almost kicking ourselves out of the game in the second half,and yet still we found a way to win.Never underestimate this side,they just never give up and are full of courage.

And Nick Daicos,what can you say?He’s one for the ages,and so was that goal he kicked to win the match.Just unbelievable.
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

stoliboy wrote:OMG what grit and determination to win that game.

I was so nervous in that last quarter and thought those behinds were going to come back to bite us. Still buzzing.
Yep, was getting worried but the composure to lock it in our forward half for the last 3-4 minutes, not worried about trying to rush the goal and just waiting for the opportune moment was such class. They have become so good at the death.

Although was surprised that's our first come from behind win of the season and Carlton's first loss after leading at 3 qtr time!!!

On the points, it occurred to me why it's such an issue. Whilst opposition teams have no issues getting set shots in front of goal with their tall forwards, we rely on the smalls and crumbers and therefore more relentless attack on the goals. It's not ideal but part of the overall gameplan of strength in numbers and just bombardment. But we also missed a few easy set shots earlier in the game.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Good to be able to rest a couple of our strong stoppage players against these weaker clubs and come away with the win.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

woodys_world69 wrote:Imagine being a carlton supporter.... losing to Collingwood by a goal.. and that goal being a player that supported Carlton all his life... but decided to come to Collingwood to play instead.....
HAHAHA

HAHA
HAHAAHHA
HAHAHA
Actually it was just the one season til he found his true calling!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Well I’m in shock! How good was that!
Except the umps and their bogus 50’s , where was Jamie’s for dissent!
But we $@&^# em anyway!!! Wooohooooo
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!