#30 Darcy Moore

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Darcy Moore

Post by masoncox »

glasseyevfx wrote:
orie wrote:
No physicality from Grundy at the centre bounces this year . Whats wrong with the big punch forward!!
He better be injured because beseemed to lack any desire for contact.
I'd argue that the big punch forward amounts to a hail mary with a roulette outcome. A great team will own the center bounces and that's worth striving for.
The one thing I'd like to see is quick play on the kick in. Waiting on structures seems to be wasting opportunity and not trusting your players. Whats the point of employing good decision makers if you don't trust them?
The big punch forward is a hail mary.
But we are getting thrashed with the current situation so change it up
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Darcy Moore

Post by What'sinaname »

orie wrote: No physicality from Grundy at the centre bounces this year . Whats wrong with the big punch forward!!
He better be injured because beseemed to lack any desire for contact.
To punch the ball, you have to be able to make contact with the ball at a high point. Grundy mistimed pretty much ever centre bounce jump.
duke750

Post by duke750 »

If Moore stays (and I don't mind if he doesn't) then he cannot stay in the backline because he gives up too many goals through appalling disposal. He will be on big money, move him forward to earn it. Move Grundy to CHF or trade him. IMO he is overrated for the amount we are paying. He may get a squillion taps but not to advantage. Cox to ruck. Mihocek to defence and rub the rabbits foot or other talisman to get Howe fit.

We need presence up forward and I think Moore can be part of that.
Magpies forever.
First Colligwood game: Western Oval 1960
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

warburton lad wrote:We need to develop a new midfield brigade. Rotate Sier and McInnes and De Goey Adams, Tyler Brown out of the guts.

Sidey as a crumbing forward- delist/Trade Josh Thomas.

Play Pendles as a playmaker off half back.

Daicos on one wing, Treloar on the other.

Recruit Brayden Pruess from Melbourne with the explicit instruction to rough up/tenderize Brodie's opponents and throw his weight around in marking contests. Cameron is ineffectual at the 'less delicate arts' any imposing bigman must have in his armoury

B: Maynard. Roughead Howe
HB: Pendles. Moore. Crisp
C: Daicos. De Goey. Treloar
HF- Sidebottom Mihocek. Kelly
F; Tyler Brown Cox Elliott

Ruck Grundy Sier Adams

IC- Stephenson/Pruess/McInness/ Quaynor

Emerg- Bianco Ruscoe Callum Brown, Keane, Tohill, Cameron, Rantall, Greenwood, Phillips, Noble Bosenavulagi,Wilson, Madgen, Hoskin Elliott

Retired/Delisted/Traded- Langdon, Varcoe, Reid, Thomas, Mayne, Beams, Broomhead, Dunn, Lynch, Scharenberg, Appleby,
i love every thing here except one glaring omission, we NEED a genuine full forward. WHAT. EVER . IT. TAKES. I love coxy, (down boys) but he aint it. hes more of a side show. is there a chance for Cameron? i dont care who likes him, the thought of Varcoe made me physically ill, but i came to love him! without it its just another wasted season.

I also want an accountability coach. for example: Sidey if you want to take time to be with the missus, thats fine, (ever heard of induce me??) but dont you dare, just a few weeks prior, be naked in williamstown skunk drunk and miss 4 weeks. 1 i can forgive, both, nope.

Stevo, you can be a super star, but pull your head in.

Jordy, how much you reckon your worth? played any frisbee with the dog lately? hows the driving record? WHO STUCK BY YOU??? if he wants to be a total turd and kill us for money, trade him to the bottom team, and make sure we get overs.

Forget the kumbya music before the game, play ACDC or death metal. Unsociable football. Brisbane, geefrickenlong, hawthorn. tigers. take a look at what they are getting away with.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

duke750 wrote:If Moore stays (and I don't mind if he doesn't) then he cannot stay in the backline because he gives up too many goals through appalling disposal. He will be on big money, move him forward to earn it. Move Grundy to CHF or trade him. IMO he is overrated for the amount we are paying. He may get a squillion taps but not to advantage. Cox to ruck. Mihocek to defence and rub the rabbits foot or other talisman to get Howe fit.

We need presence up forward and I think Moore can be part of that.
your first line pissed me off, then i saw this. I agree. as a backman he is too expensive. learn to kick straight son.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Darcy Moore Re-Signed

Post by Dave The Man »

So Moore has Re-Signed for either 2 or 5 Years going by Reports
I am Da Man
masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

Prefer to resign Darcy than JDG
Get 2 first round picks for JDG and pick 5 for Treloar and a resigned Moore and then I will be happy.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Sam Edmund said Definitional 2 Years

With 2 Years I am Disappointed.

Be a Free Agent then and we would have to pay a hell of a lot to Keep Him IF he stays Fit
I am Da Man
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

850k seems massive overs. Good luck to him. Treloar going nowhere.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
orie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by orie »

think positive wrote:
warburton lad wrote:We need to develop a new midfield brigade. Rotate Sier and McInnes and De Goey Adams, Tyler Brown out of the guts.

Recruit Brayden Pruess from Melbourne with the explicit instruction to rough up/tenderize Brodie's opponents and throw his weight around in marking contests. Cameron is ineffectual at the 'less delicate arts' any imposing bigman must have in his armoury

Ruck Grundy Sier Adams

Emerg- Bianco Ruscoe Callum Brown, Keane, Tohill, Cameron, Rantall, Greenwood, Phillips, Noble Bosenavulagi,Wilson, Madgen, Hoskin Elliott

Retired/Delisted/Traded- Langdon, Varcoe, Reid, Thomas, Mayne, Beams, Broomhead, Dunn, Lynch, Scharenberg, Appleby,
i love every thing here except one glaring omission, we NEED a genuine full forward. WHAT. EVER . IT. TAKES. I love coxy, (down boys) but he aint it. hes more of a side show. is there a chance for Cameron? i dont care who likes him, the thought of Varcoe made me physically ill, but i came to love him! without it its just another wasted season.

I also want an accountability coach. for example: Sidey if you want to take time to be with the missus, thats fine, (ever heard of induce me??) but dont you dare, just a few weeks prior, be naked in williamstown skunk drunk and miss 4 weeks. 1 i can forgive, both, nope.

Jordy, how much you reckon your worth? played any frisbee with the dog lately? hows the driving record? WHO STUCK BY YOU??? if he wants to be a total turd and kill us for money, trade him to the bottom team, and make sure we get overs.

Forget the kumbya music before the game, play ACDC or death metal. Unsociable football. Brisbane, geefrickenlong, hawthorn. tigers. take a look at what they are getting away with.

We are way too NICE on the footy field
We should be pushing boundaries like the tigers and the hawks and Geelong. So much pushing in the back and blocking, and they get away with it.
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
orie
Been liked: 1 time

Post by orie »

think positive wrote:

Ruck Grundy Sier Adams

We are way too NICE on the footy field
We should be pushing boundaries like the tigers and the hawks and Geelong. So much pushing in the back and blocking, and they get away with it.
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Gives us longer term flexibility to sign a bigger fish over more years that could be backended.
Get back on top.
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

Cam wrote:Gives us longer term flexibility to sign a bigger fish over more years that could be backended.
Yep - I say go all out for Jeremy Cameron, once secured offer DeGoey whatever's left in the salary cap...
I find your lack of faith disturbing
Adz

Post by Adz »

850k for Moore. He’s laughing all the way to the bank.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Great news. De Goey will stay a Magpie too.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.