#30 Darcy Moore

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

E

Post by E »

honestly, $850k is peanuts for the best player at his positon.

You guys still think its 1999!

That is a months salary for some people on this forum.
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

At least the number crunchers can have an idea how much is left to spread around

If I recall both Reid and Dunn only got one year contracts at start of 2020
(and maybe Varcoe too) so that must free up salary cap $$$$$$

Did it assist Moore resign and maybe others too

And another out of contract player investigating a return to SA is Matt Scharenberg
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Assuming Howe returns in good form next year, it might be worth trialing Moore up forward where he began with us. He is an amazing athlete, a terrific mark and reads the ball well in the air. With Cox at FF, Moore at CHF and Mihocek in a forward pocket, we'd have plenty of marking power in front of goals. I realise that Moore has become an All Australian defender, but he is also capable of playing as a forward, and that's where we need the most improvement from....apart from getting more midfield clearances.
Boogie Knights

Darcy Moore's achilles heel

Post by Boogie Knights »

So it looks like Darcy is playing hurt and pushing through. Let's hope it doesn't worsen, but with our luck...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... 0fad770da3
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

an Achilles injury - jesus chr*st - they should not risk that at all - rest him till they 100% know he's good, its too big a risk and he's too important to our long term plans.
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Apologies Boogie Knights. I posted the same link in the Injury thread, not realizing you'd already posted here.
According to Tom Morris just then, there are 3 options with this:
* continue to play him while he pushes through the pain barrier
* rest him intermittently
* send him off for surgery which would mean being out for the remainder of the season

Sigh.
Presti35
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

Straight to the worst case scenario too I see. "The worst case scenario is surgery on his Achilles tendon, which would rule him out for the year."

Very tricky article. It quotes Bucks in reference to playing Moore forward and there is nothing from Bucks or the club in reference to this hidden injury.

The article then finishes talking about the "playing the kids" thing.

but sources have confirmed.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

I want to know who Tom Morris' source is, because if this turns out to be another BS story then he'll be just another journo that should apologies to our supporters. But that'll never happen. The line is long.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Geez Tom is outshining Barret and Robinson, two big scoops in a day trying to derail the club. anyone know who he barracks for?
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Well, if it turns out to be false, it won't cause Darcy to become injured.

Sports journalism is not witchcraft. There are no Moore dolls being pricked as we speak.

So everybody should just relax.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Geez Tom is outshining Barret and Robinson, two big scoops in a day trying to derail the club. anyone know who he barracks for?
I believe Morris supports Melbourne.
Morris is probably most famous for an ongoing social media spat with Jesse Hogan. Hogan continues to give it to Morris at every opportunity for betraying his trust in regard to a sensitive conversation during his time at Melbourne.
Morris went with it publicly and Hogan has been slamming him on social media ever since.
You could blame Morris but how stupid is Hogan for thinking you could ever remotely trust a sports journo.

Re Darcy Moore - channel 10 showed footage of Moore with a slight limp up and carrying his boots as he left the track tonight. Well, I presume it was from tonight
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Geez Tom is outshining Barret and Robinson, two big scoops in a day trying to derail the club. anyone know who he barracks for?

Just read the article. Sensational headline. Then you read on and you see that this achilles tendersness dates back over the entire preseason, "Fox understands".
{"Fox understands" is code word for: Fox has maybe heard someone whisper this in the past and is now gearing up to promote this rumour as "fact" OR Fox is concocting a sensational rumour}.
As soon as I saw the format of the article, I breathed a sigh of relief.
Literally an attempt to manufacture something out of nothing.
But you can see now unfortunately that we are the now the target of the most rabid sport journalistic parasites
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Well if it's true, that's another million dollar man who is injury prone...
Buon Giorno
Said by Zed
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Said by Zed »

Without knowing the full extent of his alleged injury the absolute worst thing would be surgery. From experience it’s a painful condition but not one that can get any worse from playing/training. The best therapy is to rest intermittently and treat with various therapeutic activities such as massage, hot/cold therapy, acupuncture, and frequent TLC.

He should recover within several weeks with no on going concerns....however he is a Collingwood player so anything is likely. Fingers crossed
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

Tom Morris, you should name and shame your sources. They've lied to you.