#7 Josh Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Uncle Jack

Post by Uncle Jack »

One of the best parts of the 2018 ANZAC day was getting told off!

What would you do if you're standing there on the wing of the MCG with your cousin, waiting for the umpires and holding the match ball? You'd have to start a little bit of handballing wouldn't you?
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

I rode past the Holden Centre some years back and staff let me hold the 2010 Premiership Cup (have foto somewhere)
That felt smick
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 94 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

A little article on Josh just published on the AFL website: https://www.afl.com.au/news/495454/from ... -on-a-wing

It has the bonus of a link to a "top 5" from another Daicos (for both of you who haven't seen these before).
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
piedys
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by piedys »

BazBoy wrote:I rode past the Holden Centre some years back and staff let me hold the 2010 Premiership Cup (have foto somewhere)
That felt smick
Better you than Milne and Reivolt...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Stevo75

Josh Daicos

Post by Stevo75 »

Just watched the video on the AFL site of Josh. What an impressive young man he is and how proud must his old man be? Very quickly becoming one of my favourites. Am very much looking forward to watching him and his development as a player and leader.
robevpau1

Post by robevpau1 »

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Re: Josh Daicos

Post by PyreneesPie »

Stevo75 wrote:Just watched the video on the AFL site of Josh. What an impressive young man he is and how proud must his old man be? Very quickly becoming one of my favourites. Am very much looking forward to watching him and his development as a player and leader.
Yep, his progress in the 2020 season and the magical moments of exquisite skill were a definite highlight for me. :) I recall being astonished at seeing the first photos of him at pre-season training because of how much he'd muscled up in the off season. He's obviously prepared to do the hard work and is not taking his genetic blessings for granted. :wink: A very impressive young man indeed.
inxs88
Been liked: 4 times

Post by inxs88 »

It's comforting when he has the ball in hand because you simply know that he is going to dispose off it efficiently.
I love the Pies, hate Carlscum
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

I really think the football department and there lazy approach to recruiting have relied on the father son traditions to gain squad numbers and top players. Thank god he and Moore have come along in their own development. Just hope the brown boys become much more consistent and sharpen up their all round game. Daics mk3 is another recruiters dream. Talk about pot luck.
no second chances
Abdul The Bull

Post by Abdul The Bull »

simon tonna wrote:I really think the football department and there lazy approach to recruiting have relied on the father son traditions to gain squad numbers and top players. Thank god he and Moore have come along in their own development. Just hope the brown boys become much more consistent and sharpen up their all round game. Daics mk3 is another recruiters dream. Talk about pot luck.
Agreed. You can add Kelly to that mix....
There are 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Peter Daicos was one of my favorite players at Collingwood, so to see his sons displaying some of the skills that Peter was so consistently brilliant with is very pleasing.
It can't be easy for the Daicos boys growing up in the shadow of their famous father and whilst it is unlikely that the sons will have as much natural ability of their father (Josh doesn't, maybe Nick will :) ) it is equally pleasing to see that young Josh has worked so hard to make his own way with Collingwood. Josh seems to be a fine young man who has a touch of his old mans skill level but it's a credit to his parents to see his attitude and how hard he is working to achieve his dreams and aspirations at Collingwood. Lets hope his younger brother, who is reportedly more skilled, has the same attitude to working hard to get the most out of his talent.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

Let's hope he emulates Gary Ablett Jnr - becomes even better than his old man
I think therefore I think - I think
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

think better wrote:Let's hope he emulates Gary Ablett Jnr - becomes even better than his old man
Ummmmm.....that ain't gonna happen. But he's certainly becoming a good player, and could become a great one. 8)
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

RudeBoy wrote:
think better wrote:Let's hope he emulates Gary Ablett Jnr - becomes even better than his old man
Ummmmm.....that ain't gonna happen. But he's certainly becoming a good player, and could become a great one. 8)
Fair enough - that about Nick then??
I think therefore I think - I think