Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:^Well thats clearly not a certain fact until later in the year, but for what its worth I have heard whispers that we are having trouble finding a suitor....if indeed there ever was a potential suitor.

Nope, looks like this albatross of a contract is ours to bear...may we never forget the lesson it should teach the Club.
It was always going to be near on impossible to trade Grundy, no matter what some delusional posters may claim there is no club in the AFL desperate enough to want Grundy on his current contract.

Why would you want one of the top 5-10 highest paid contracts for a bloke who isn’t even in the top 50 players in the league?
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

^So you do think it's a sunk cost. If so, why keep crapping on about it futilely after the event? You can't go back and change it and neither can McRae, so what the heck is your point?
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I say it again , he wont leave, and when he does come back and stars, eddie the clown can wipe masses of egg off his moosh. But i wont hold my breath on that one.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Piesnchess wrote:I say it again , he wont leave, and when he does come back and stars, eddie the clown can wipe masses of egg off his moosh. But i wont hold my breath on that one.
No need to speak about the former President like that, no matter what role he played in the contract
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 54 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:I say it again , he wont leave, and when he does come back and stars, eddie the clown can wipe masses of egg off his moosh. But i wont hold my breath on that one.
No need to speak about the former President like that, no matter what role he played in the contract
Pretty sure my good mate Piesnchess meant EddieSmith our favourite clown
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Pies4shaw wrote:
5:11pm wrote:If there’s a genuine external interest in Grundy, he will be traded.
If the genuine interest comes with them buying his full contract and giving us two first-round draft picks, that's possibly acceptable. Thor is still the best ruckman in the competition and one of our three best footballers - we don't need to be conducting a fire sale. While posters on here are whining about the cost and length of Grundy's contract, Melbourne are steadily re-signing a whole lot of their players to high-value 6-year deals. Since we got rid of the guy who used to take Grundy's hitouts and run to the back pocket with them, we don't need to be conducting fire sales of any of our handful of top players.
Petracca signed a 7 year deal for 6-6.5 million last year; he is probably the most explosive midfielder in the game.

Thats the bracket Grundy's contract is in.
simon tonna

Post by simon tonna »

Noice
no second chances
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

“Every club in the league would have signed Grundy up on the same contract as you guys did.”

Former legend of the game now senior football department at another club. Take it with as much salt as you want
Dispatches from a foreign land
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Lol, yeah after 3 years of playing like shit he’s going to suddenly find form.

Keep dreaming
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

Watching the VFL, Grundy has ragdolled a couple already, laid at least 4 tackles. He's hungry and angry.
Get back on top.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

At half-time

Grundy:
3 disposals, 7 tackes 12 HO, 2 clearances

Madgen:
2 goals
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

Genius, i meant our eddie here, McGurie wants Grundy to stay, actually. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

eddiesmith wrote:
Lol, yeah after 3 years of playing like shit he’s going to suddenly find form.

Keep dreaming
Keep digging your hole genius, you will hit China soon. 8)

Presti35
Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by Presti35 »

eddiesmith, why the massive dislike for Grundy tho?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Presti35 wrote:eddiesmith, why the massive dislike for Grundy tho?
He’s incredibly overrated, is paid way too much for a position that doesn’t win you premierships. He demanded the ridiculous salary and therefore must cop some of the heat for failing to play a decent game in 3 years since he signed it.

But his contract has stopped us being able to recruit a key forward that we actually need or get in a quality bull in the midfield. Areas that would actually win us premierships.

Fact we’ve been winning without him just proves my point, he is overrated and we don’t need him.

Plus his comments about not caring about winning premierships really put me off him.