The "What do we get for Beams?" thread

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Hird is a litigation happy arsehole. Board said "quit or be fired" Hird said "I'm the coach or see you in court". The Board blinked.

Still and EGM and a board spill to come, and it seems different camps among the players as well as show cause notices. Looks like a player exodus whether he goes or stays.

Anyone who thinks Pies are a rabble (lol), go and take a look at Windy Hill (or is it Tullamarine?)
Museman

Post by Museman »

Wokko wrote:Your sentiments seem to come from wanting to screw the Lions rather than trying to get a good deal. if Pick 5 + Redden who wasn't even in Brisbane's B&F top ten would get it done, but pick 5 + Norfs equal 2nd in the B&F wouldn't be enough then something here doesn't add up.
That would be an added bonus :D but no, the Greenwood deal is effectively done, and we did it not them, then they chime in with the deal they always wanted to do anyway 1st and 2nd rnd picks, (idontfukenthinkso)

pick and a player!!!!! or our midfield next year consists of Pendles Swan Beam Greenwood....
MJ23

Post by MJ23 »

Wokko wrote:I still don't understand how Redden + 5 is enough but Greenwood + 5 isn't. Why should we use our Pick 22 on Greenwood if we can get him for Brisbane's pick 25 instead of trying to hustle them for a player who might not even want to come here.
Because we could and should end up with pick 5, Redden AND greenwood.

Greenwood shouldn't be considered a Brisbane deal fir beams - he's the compo deal fir Harry. We are loosing two senior ready made players. Two separate deals.
"Even when Im old and gray, I wont be able to play but Ill still love the game"
Michael Jordan
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

Museman wrote:
Wokko wrote:Your sentiments seem to come from wanting to screw the Lions rather than trying to get a good deal. if Pick 5 + Redden who wasn't even in Brisbane's B&F top ten would get it done, but pick 5 + Norfs equal 2nd in the B&F wouldn't be enough then something here doesn't add up.
That would be an added bonus :D but no, the Greenwood deal is effectively done, and we did it not them, then they chime in with the deal they always wanted to do anyway 1st and 2nd rnd picks, (idontfukenthinkso)

pick and a player!!!!! or our midfield next year consists of Pendles Swan Beam Greenwood....
But it IS a pick and a player. Just not their player, they do the work to pick up Greenwood. Might even cost them something more than a 2nd rounder, let them find the steak knives.

Pick 5 + Greenwood for Beams is a good trade. If Greenwood was a Lion we'd be lapping it up but people want their pound of flesh.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Breadcrawl wrote:
swoop42 wrote:A pure hypothetical.

Beams, pick*34 to Brisbane.

Pick 5, Lumumba and Merrett to Melbourne.

Pick 2 and 25 to pies.

*Pick received for Mitch Clarke
Two of the likely top 4 are talls.

This means that the third best mid in the draft, at worst, will be available at pick 5.

You can't know that Petracca and Brayshaw are going to be so much better than the next guy that it is worth tipping in what you are suggesting to get pick 2.

It costs Hine another good chance to find a ripping player
Hine has more hope finding a ripping player at 2 than 5 or more to the point 23.

No mid in this draft seems to be considered worthy of a top 5 selection outside Petracca and Brayshaw

Whether it's best available or best midfielder pick 2 will get us a player Hine rates more than the one he'll get at pick 5.

Anyway it's not in our hands so no need to stress over it.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
HAL

Post by HAL »

MJ23 wrote:
Wokko wrote:I still don't understand how Redden + 5 is enough but Greenwood + 5 isn't. Why should we use our Pick 22 on Greenwood if we can get him for Brisbane's pick 25 instead of trying to hustle them for a player who might not even want to come here.
Because we could and should end up with pick 5, Redden AND greenwood.

Greenwood shouldn't be considered a Brisbane deal fir beams - he's the compo deal fir Harry. We are loosing two senior ready made players. Two separate deals.
Do you think I am loosing two senior ready made players too?
Bucks2014

Post by Bucks2014 »

I see it's a Brisbane Paper and this is what they are hoping for. Dayne is, sorry was our second best mid, I think it's only fair we get compensated accordingly. Pick 5 and a player who has had one good year, sorry Levi ain't going to do it.

Anyway we will know by the end of the week, hoping GWS get really serious.
"Still waiting for your call Caroline ... not a quote in sight. Don't ever presume to speak on Collingwood's behalf,"
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

So Collingwood does all the work to land Greenwood from North who procrastinated and then offered too little too late and now Brisbane's Greg Swan thinks they can work the Greenwood deal to get Beams? I don't think so.....or I bloody hope not. We've already got Greenwood and we'll trade pick 23 or thereabouts. I want Pick 5, a Lion player (preferably a big-bodied mid), plus Greenwood.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

Wokko wrote:
Museman wrote:

But it IS a pick and a player. Just not their player, they do the work to pick up Greenwood. Might even cost them something more than a 2nd rounder, let them find the steak knives.

Pick 5 + Greenwood for Beams is a good trade. If Greenwood was a Lion we'd be lapping it up but people want their pound of flesh.
The one benefit of this supposed deal is that we'll get to keep the draft pick for Lumumba and take it to the draft.

The potential downside that people are bummed about is that a Redden is potentially more valuable to us than the Lumumba compensation.

If this deal goes through then I guess either the compensation for Lumumba wont be the pick 23 we want or it will and we want to keep it for ourselves rather than North requesting it instead of pick 25.
Museman

Post by Museman »

Wokko wrote:
Museman wrote:

My hate for the bears is pathological, but it's not the motivating factor behind my opinion, we wanted something for Beams from Brisbane, they lowballed an continue too, if the article is close they have now come around to the backdoor to have a go as well, we need two mids in the age bracket, we found one in greenwood, if we lose beams we need another....they can AND WILL supply it if push comes to shove.

Eade Stated today the the greenwood situation had no bearing on what we want out of Brisbane.

I understand your reasoning, but the fact remains we do not need Brisbane to acquire Greenwood.
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

Yeah but you don't reckon there'll only be three mids in the draft that turn out to be any good do you swoop?

You are right that his chances are higher at two. They go from 99% to 99.5% :D

I'm not that stressed. Just trying to start an argument that's all

D. Thomas pick 2 S. Pendlebury pick 5 just sayin'
they can smell what we're cookin'
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

I prefer the unlikely scenario doing the rounds over at bigfooty.

Aish to Adelaide.

Pick 10 to Collingwood.

Beams to Brisbane.

Pick 5 to Collingwood.

That would be a better deal though it would have to be total BS.
swoop42

Post by swoop42 »

Breadcrawl wrote:Yeah but you don't reckon there'll only be three mids in the draft that turn out to be any good do you swoop?

You are right that his chances are higher at two. They go from 99% to 99.5% :D

I'm not that stressed. Just trying to start an argument that's all

D. Thomas pick 2 S. Pendlebury pick 5 just sayin'
Chris Egan pick 10.

Jordan Lewis pick 7.

Just sayin. :wink:
Wokko

Post by Wokko »

3 Top 10 draft picks would set us up for a decade following last year. I'm guessing Aish wants to go home then so there's no chance of him coming here instead of Pick 10.
1eye

Post by 1eye »

swoop42 wrote:Who's Greg Davis?
An idiot by the looks of it