#7 Josh Daicos

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Anything is possible tb, and all reports suggest that Nick is the better of the pair. It does worry me that he is a Carlton supporter though.

Anyway, that will all change when he becomes a Collingwood player. However, to imagine he could be better than the Macedonian Marvel, is quite a stretch. In my mind, Peter Daicos (at his best) was the greatest player I've ever seen, behind only John Greening. If either of his sons can be half as good, we'll have two champions on our list. 8)
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
dollygray

Post by dollygray »

RudeBoy, I have known you personally for many years, and koiw what you are capable of. Sure would like to see you run for President. You would make a great one.
I sat next to Rudeboy and piedys for 10 years at Victoria Park, and survived.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

RudeBoy wrote:
think better wrote:Let's hope he emulates Gary Ablett Jnr - becomes even better than his old man
Ummmmm.....that ain't gonna happen. But he's certainly becoming a good player, and could become a great one. 8)
How Recruiters Talk about Nick is the 1 that could do a Gary Ablett Jr
I am Da Man
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

RudeBoy wrote:
think better wrote:Let's hope he emulates Gary Ablett Jnr - becomes even better than his old man
Ummmmm.....that ain't gonna happen. But he's certainly becoming a good player, and could become a great one. 8)
They said the same thing about Gary Ablett junior but he turned out every bit as good as his old man.
Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

Josh was one of the highlights of the year.

To see him step up this year after only 17 games in three seasons is very promising. He's hitting the age now where you would expect him to make further strides and cement his spot in the senior side next year.

Going to be very exciting when his younger brother joins the party in the near future.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Given that his younger brother barracks for Carlton, are people being unrealistically optimistic that he will automatically nominate as a father/son draftee in order to come to Collingwood?
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

^ I'm sorry I just had to reply.

What do you mean by your comment?

Do you suggest that Nick Daicos would not want to be drafted by Collingwood and would prefer to to be taken anywhere in the draft by any other AFL side?

Having said that I didn't know the player had a choice apart from when the father played 100 games or more at more than one club, and it was up to the club to nominate the player in any case.
Go Pies!
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

AnthonyC wrote:^ I'm sorry I just had to reply.

Do you suggest that Nick Daicos would not want to be drafted by Collingwood and would prefer to to be taken anywhere in the draft by any other AFL side?

Having said that I didn't know the player had a choice apart from when the father played 100 games or more at more than one club, and it was up to the club to nominate the player in any case.
You are probably right.
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

AnthonyC wrote:^ I'm sorry I just had to reply.

Both parties need to agree on the nomination.
Johnathon Brown could have refused the Lions if he had wished because he may not have wanted to leave Vic. The rest is history.
Some sons may also not want to live in the shadow of their fathers “ abilities “ ( particularly if they were superstars )

Bailey Scott ( son of Robert Scott ) at the Kangas had three clubs ( Cats, Kangas and G C S academy zone ) who would have picked him, so the decision is then left with the player to make the final call.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

RudeBoy wrote:Given that his younger brother barracks for Carlton, are people being unrealistically optimistic that he will automatically nominate as a father/son draftee in order to come to Collingwood?
No they are not. He’s coming, it’s an absolute joke to think or say he won’t, if you wanna do that put your hard earned on it.
5 from the wing on debut

Post by 5 from the wing on debut »

Marc Murphy didn’t agree to nominate the the Lions under father/son.
piedys
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by piedys »

5 from the wing on debut wrote:Marc Murphy didn’t agree to nominate the the Lions under father/son.
Wanted to remain in Melbourne, I'd presume?

Brisbane were on the slide by the time he was taken ahead of Thomas.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Daicos GOTY

Post by Mr Miyagi »

“Contender”, Fox Footy? Are you kidding? Daics has this in the bag! Let’s watch this again. And again. And again.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-20 ... 3935b49335
Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Actually, watch it here and don’t give the Fox flogs a click
https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/ ... 8641933001