Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

So, just small-minded mean-spirited reasons, then?
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

At least I don’t hate a genuine match winner like certain posters…
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Most of us don't "hate" any of them. That's what's so depressing about your attitude to Grundy - it's every bit as dripping with vitriol as it is devoid of rational content.
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

The hatred and fixation is moving into the weird and inappropriate, Eddie.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Piesnchess wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:I say it again , he wont leave, and when he does come back and stars, eddie the clown can wipe masses of egg off his moosh. But i wont hold my breath on that one.
No need to speak about the former President like that, no matter what role he played in the contract

Genius, i meant our eddie here, McGurie wants Grundy to stay, actually. :o
Cantankerous old geezer, I was making a tongue in cheek joke ;-)
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Pies4shaw wrote:So, just small-minded mean-spirited reasons, then?
Hey hey hey, I may be small minded and mean spirited, but in and under no circumstance am I a Communist Sir!
Ronnie McKeowns boots

eddiesmith wrote:At least I don’t hate a genuine match winner like certain posters…
Treloar?
Ronnie McKeowns boots

pietillidie wrote:The hatred and fixation is moving into the weird and inappropriate, Eddie.
Kinda hot
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

eddiesmith wrote:At least I don’t hate a genuine match winner like certain posters…
Treloar?
JDG
bally12

Post by bally12 »

I saw a bit of Grundy in the reserves on Saturday. He was horrid. I really hope that was his idea of blowing out the cobwebs by just lumbering around and not coming close to resembling a footballer. Particularly concerning was his lack of positioning in attacking the high ball in marking attempts. Absolutely no idea. If anyone thinks he can become a forward, I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

On the other hand, the kid McMahon looks promising. He's got football smarts, can take a mark, good kick, and with a bit more strength/conditioning will be a player for us.
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Young “Willy” McMahon is showing class and exciting talent. One to look forward to performing at the highest level when he is ready to be unleashed!
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
RudeBoy
Been liked: 76 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Pies4shaw wrote:So, just small-minded mean-spirited reasons, then?
Hey hey hey, I may be small minded and mean spirited, but in and under no circumstance am I a Communist Sir!
I may be a communist but I am in no way small minded and mean spirited. Just saying. 8)
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Piesnchess wrote:
Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote: No need to speak about the former President like that, no matter what role he played in the contract

Genius, i meant our eddie here, McGurie wants Grundy to stay, actually. :o
Cantankerous old geezer, I was making a tongue in cheek joke ;-)

Old Geezer eh, well at least i have made it to this age, you have to get there yet. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 80 times

Post by Piesnchess »

bally12 wrote:I saw a bit of Grundy in the reserves on Saturday. He was horrid. I really hope that was his idea of blowing out the cobwebs by just lumbering around and not coming close to resembling a footballer. Particularly concerning was his lack of positioning in attacking the high ball in marking attempts. Absolutely no idea. If anyone thinks he can become a forward, I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

On the other hand, the kid McMahon looks promising. He's got football smarts, can take a mark, good kick, and with a bit more strength/conditioning will be a player for us.

Give him one more week in the VFL, he was out a long time, takes time to re adjust mate, bit harsh, and Cox destroyed the Deeees last time we played them, so id be leaving him in this week. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Prexm68

Post by Prexm68 »

eddiesmith wrote:
Presti35 wrote:eddiesmith, why the massive dislike for Grundy tho?
He’s incredibly overrated, is paid way too much for a position that doesn’t win you premierships. He demanded the ridiculous salary and therefore must cop some of the heat for failing to play a decent game in 3 years since he signed it.

But his contract has stopped us being able to recruit a key forward that we actually need or get in a quality bull in the midfield. Areas that would actually win us premierships.

Fact we’ve been winning without him just proves my point, he is overrated and we don’t need him.

Plus his comments about not caring about winning premierships really put me off him.
I hope our next loss is not Grundys first game back. You will go to a new level of hatred towards him.
Last edited by Prexm68 on Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.