2022 Trade Period. (COMPLETED)

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Yep debacle treloar all over again
MAY-Z

Post by MAY-Z »

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Haff wrote:I've heard his contract was also back ended. So potentially he was on 1.2 mil this season so 300k isnt so bad.

Not sure how accurate that is.
I heard it was front loaded and going down in years 5/6/7
Who knows I guess we will never know the exact numbers or story
I always heard it was mid loaded so the 1.2m years were in the next couple, hence getting him out now
Haff
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Haff »

MAY-Z wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Haff wrote:I've heard his contract was also back ended. So potentially he was on 1.2 mil this season so 300k isnt so bad.

Not sure how accurate that is.
I heard it was front loaded and going down in years 5/6/7
Who knows I guess we will never know the exact numbers or story
I always heard it was mid loaded so the 1.2m years were in the next couple, hence getting him out now
Perhaps we can agree it was shit loaded?
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Johnno75
Been liked: 45 times

Post by Johnno75 »

More loaded than a pizza from the sounds of it. Shit falling off everywhere no matter which slice you take.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
piffdog
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by piffdog »

Some reports the Fiorini trade is now not likely. On the basis we do no more trades this period (granted Henry needs to be resolved somehow) how are we feeling about it?

Id really like to see Mitchell come in just to provide a bit more cover at the contest. Surely with Grundy out this is a slam dunk?

If we end with Hill, McStay, Frampton, Mitchell in, Grundy out then I dont actually mind what happens with Henry.

We have however, sacrificed a bit next year with no second or third rounder.

Perhaps we can defer something this year into next to put back 2nd and/or 3rd rounds? Pretty significant list turnover already.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Haff

Post by Haff »

Graham Wright will be on trade radio from 3. Head over to AFL.com.au to have a listen.. Should be interesting.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
Haff

Post by Haff »

Can someone explain the Bowes trade for me? Why did GC add in pick 7?
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

He better have a good explanation for what he's doing - and for why he caved on Grundy's deal so shamefully - because at the moment, he just looks like another in a long stream of Collingwood football department ****-ups.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

This is all Graham Wrights fault?
npalm
Been liked: 9 times

Post by npalm »

^^ Well, he's the one doing the shit trade!
Side by side.
Haff

Post by Haff »

He’s on SEN now and Gazy asked a great question. “Did Collingwood cock in his contract”.
Straight bat but between the lines it’s yes.
Upsetting P4S more, apparently we could afford him and everyone else we’ve bought in for the the next few seasons. This is a mid-long term play.
I’m guessing there is a big big fish we have out sights set on.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

^ tell us who he is in the rumour thread
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
gurugeoff
Been liked: 7 times

Post by gurugeoff »

Haff wrote:Can someone explain the Bowes trade for me? Why did GC add in pick 7?
because no one would take him on otherwise [heavily back ended contract which needs to be paid in the next 2 years]

that being said, he might not be a bad player either - was touted as a potential number 1 draft pick in 2016
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 161 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

Haff wrote:Upsetting P4S more, apparently we could afford him and everyone else we’ve bought in for the the next few seasons. This is a mid-long term play.
This doesn't upset me - to the contrary, it's what I've been posting here consistently since the Treloar/Phillips/Stephenson trading. There never was a salary cap crisis at Collingwood - just various salary allocations they wanted to handle a different way.

To be clear, whether Grundy stayed or went is just a business decision, to be assessed like any other. My concern is that the deal was a demonstrably poor one. The Club has managed this badly, obviously talking him down over a period of 12 months and accepting SFA for him. As a business transaction, it was below hopeless. They have covered themselves with excrement - not because they've moved Grundy on but because they've done so quite ineptly.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Chasing big fish next year apparently.