The "What do we get for Beams?" thread

All trade and draft talk here thanks..... this means you DTM!!!!

Moderator: bbmods

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

swoop42 wrote:So any deal yet?

LOL.
i half expect larry emdur to pop up somewhere.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I expect Collingwood to announce on Friday that since the Lions have not come to the table with a reasonable offer, we will be retaining Beams for next year. End of story.
GoWoodsmen

Post by GoWoodsmen »

swoop42 wrote:A pure hypothetical.

Beams, pick*34 to Brisbane.

Pick 5, Lumumba and Merrett to Melbourne.

Pick 2 and 25 to pies.

*Pick received for Mitch Clarke
Was about to disagree with you but hadn't realised there was an upgrade to pick 2. Still don't think two picks will do it for us but that's just my opinion.
Side By Side Forever
Breadcrawl

Post by Breadcrawl »

I predict we publically state that Brisbane have missed the deadline we gave them and we are open to offers from all and sundry, then Brisbane very quickly get reasonable and a deal is done with them next Monday.

5 and Aish. We get the Adelaide pick 10 deal agreed to and then we get in Aish's ear and tell him about Little Adelaide, population Grundy, Kennedy, Broomhead and he tells Brisbane to stuff the Crows because he's decided he wants to come to Collingwood.
they can smell what we're cookin'
Captain_MyCaptain

Post by Captain_MyCaptain »

GoWoodsmen wrote:

Pick 2 and 25 to pies.

Was about to disagree with you but hadn't realised there was an upgrade to pick 2. Still don't think two picks will do it for us but that's just my opinion.
Would Brisbane settle for Dees pick 23 and Beams?
We get pick 2 and 25.
Dees get Harry, Merrett and Pick 5.

I dunno, still prefer a Redden deal but seems like... too hard.
The window is open my friend!
killer

Post by killer »

Its pick five and one of the players we have identifide or no deal...
lets not go soft
Andrew
Ballarat Victoria
"i'd kill for a nobel peace prize"

Car'n the PIES!!!
jdpie1970

Post by jdpie1970 »

"Mirror Mirror on the wall who is the biggest dill of them all ?"
Mirror replies - " can't separate Terry Wallace, Nathan Brown or Damian Barrett".
Apparently now we (Pies) would absolutely do Beams for Pick 5 and Greenwood. The rapid disintegration of grey matter in the Trade Radio hosts is a medical phenomenon.
What bit of Pick 5 and a Brisvegas player (Redden or Mayes) for Beams does not make sense ??
Can we bring the 5pm Friday deadline forward to 5pm today so i can ease the pain in my neck from the rapid head swivels in shock at the depths of their stupidity ?
Domesticated_Ape

Post by Domesticated_Ape »

Tannin wrote:
Nope.

For Brisbane, Aish is worth more than Pick 10. As a young, already-proven top 10 pick, he's worth something like Pick 4 or 5, or 10 + 25ish, or 10 + a good ordinary player such as Greenwood. Why would they do that? They lose Pick 5 and Aish and only gain Beams, who is an upgrade on Aish but not all that much of one when you consider the age difference. Why not just keep Aish and the pick? They aren't trading to go backwards.

For Adelaide, it's a steal. They'd be all over that like a rash.
I think people are over rating young Aish. I like him as a player and do want him at Collingwood, but he's only 19 years old. He's played 21 games and averaged only 17 disposals in a bottom 4 side. He's not really worth anything more this year than he was last year I reckon and that was pick 7.

Beams is a MASSIVE upgrade on Aish imo. Beams is 24, has 110 games under his belt, is a B&F winner, AA winner, Premiership player, top 5 in the Brownlow and he walks into Brisbane and becomes their most talented and highest paid player from day one. What more could they possibly ask for when upgrading a 19 year old with their first round pick? It's not going backwards either. Aish is no sure thing, neither is pick 5, but Beams is without a doubt. That's a bird in the hand.

Aish and pick 5 for Beams is a fair trade for both parties. Though I'd agree that Adelaide's pick 10 doesn't quite cover Aish, if he wanted to go there in a 3 way trade.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

Captain_MyCaptain wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:

Pick 2 and 25 to pies.

Would Brisbane settle for Dees pick 23 and Beams?
We get pick 2 and 25.
Dees get Harry, Merrett and Pick 5.

I dunno, still prefer a Redden deal but seems like... too hard.
I hope Decka is permanently logged onto Nicks taking advantage of us creative deal makers on here. All for free too!

A table at the Prez's lunch in round 1 for Nicks' finest with Crownies and crayfish layed on would be fair reward. We can get on the p15s and watch all our new boom recruits strut their stuff!

Wadya say Ed?
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Stupied

Post by Stupied »

Domesticated_Ape wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Nope.

For Brisbane, Aish is worth more than Pick 10. As a young, already-proven top 10 pick, he's worth something like Pick 4 or 5, or 10 + 25ish, or 10 + a good ordinary player such as Greenwood. Why would they do that? They lose Pick 5 and Aish and only gain Beams, who is an upgrade on Aish but not all that much of one when you consider the age difference. Why not just keep Aish and the pick? They aren't trading to go backwards.

I think people are over rating young Aish. I like him as a player and do want him at Collingwood, but he's only 19 years old. He's played 21 games and averaged only 17 disposals in a bottom 4 side. He's not really worth anything more this year than he was last year I reckon and that was pick 7.

Beams is a MASSIVE upgrade on Aish imo. Beams is 24, has 110 games under his belt, is a B&F winner, AA winner, Premiership player, top 5 in the Brownlow and he walks into Brisbane and becomes their most talented and highest paid player from day one. What more could they possibly ask for when upgrading a 19 year old with their first round pick? It's not going backwards either. Aish is no sure thing, neither is pick 5, but Beams is without a doubt. That's a bird in the hand.

Aish and pick 5 for Beams is a fair trade for both parties. Though I'd agree that Adelaide's pick 10 doesn't quite cover Aish, if he wanted to go there in a 3 way trade.
I don't think anyone is suggesting Aish in a straight swap for Beams. It's always been 5 + a player like Aish.
Having said that, averaging 17 disposals in your first season in a bottom 4 side is nothing to be sneezed at. The kid has talent, and we were lineball on him and Scharenberg last year.

I'd be rapt if we ended up getting Aish + 5 for Beams.
Domesticated_Ape

Post by Domesticated_Ape »

Stupied wrote:
Domesticated_Ape wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Nope.

I don't think anyone is suggesting Aish in a straight swap for Beams. It's always been 5 + a player like Aish.
Having said that, averaging 17 disposals in your first season in a bottom 4 side is nothing to be sneezed at. The kid has talent, and we were lineball on him and Scharenberg last year.

I'd be rapt if we ended up getting Aish + 5 for Beams.
Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that anyone was suggesting that. Tannin thinks Aish is almost as valuable as Beams, but I can't see where he(or anyone else) meant a straight swap, that would be seriously crazy.

Averaging 17 disposals in your first season is good, but it doesn't mean that Aish will play 100 games, or be anywhere near the player that Beams is. History is full of one season wonders, so in my mind, all Aish has done is maintain his value from last years draft. And even that is being generous because look at Brisbane's second round pick from last year, Lewis Taylor. Most would agree that he's gone past Aish already, so someone from the top 7 has to fall out if Aish holds his spot(prob our boy, Shazza). So yeah, players are kinda like new cars, they almost always lose value as soon as you draft them. Of course sometimes you get a winner, like Beams at 29, which ruins the new car metaphor, but I think you get what I mean. Aish is worth about half of what Beams is worth, right now. Pick 5 is the other half. So rather than "rapt", I'd just be satisfied with that result. It still sets us back in terms of age profile and there's no guarantee either Aish or pick 5 become great players.
scoobydoo
Been liked: 5 times

Post by scoobydoo »

It wil happen pk 5 &25
Beams will not be a pie in 2015
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Apparently they have tweeted an announcement of a new young Lion to commit ... rumours are that it's Pick 5 and 25, essentially Pick 5 plus Greenwood for beams.

Gross. Collingwood ... you no longer have my membership next year if this is the case. Sorry, but this ain't hardball if true.

Wow. just ... WOW!

Spineless.
Est. 2002
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Raw Hammer wrote:Apparently they have tweeted an announcement of a new young Lion to commit ... rumours are that it's Pick 5 and 25, essentially Pick 5 plus Greenwood for beams.

Gross. Collingwood ... you no longer have my membership next year if this is the case. Sorry, but this ain't hardball if true.

Wow. just ... WOW!

Spineless.
Why? We said we wanted pick 5 and a top ready made strong bodied midfielder. We've got that with this deal. Greenwood is possibly better than any player on the lions list, considering he came equal 2nd as the Roos best player, in a team which made it to the Prelim.
Raw Hammer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Raw Hammer »

Greenwood had a breakout year. He's hard at it, but is not elite like Beams. He doesan't finish like Beams. He got 1 Brownlow vote. Beams finished Top 10-15. At Collingwood we find it hard enough to develop SUPERSTARS, and we lose one for a kid and 25 year old hard nut. I hope to be proved wrong, but I wanted a polished player in this deal.
Est. 2002