Adam Treloar

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

PyreneesPie wrote:
piffdog wrote:Treloar having a pretty significant impact. I wish him all the best.
Yep, agree on both points. He was important in all aspects tonight - outside run, kicking to advantage, direct scoring, successful tackles and digging the ball out from the bottom of packs. He worked so damn hard, running from end to end throughout the match. It was a superb turnaround from last week and simply great to see. He "stuck it up 'em" , using the words of Ted.

I thought Bevo was beautifully direct and honest in his assessment of those in the media who belittled Adz during the week. He said he found it disappointing and that several commentators were just plain nasty. This reminds me of certain posters here on Nick's, who have labelled Adz as virtually being a useless liability of a footballer. "Nasty" would be a mild assessment of their diatribe from my point of view.
I agree PP.
Maybe you should think about your diatribe against Brodie grundy as well. give him the chance under a new coach. Clearly Bux and he did not work well together.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Pies4shaw wrote:Treloar will cost them the flag next week. Watch. He's never going to get a hard ball - it wasn't necessary tonight.
We know you wont let a Treloar mistake go by without letting us all know.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

PyreneesPie wrote:
piffdog wrote:Treloar having a pretty significant impact. I wish him all the best.
Yep, agree on both points. He was important in all aspects tonight - outside run, kicking to advantage, direct scoring, successful tackles and digging the ball out from the bottom of packs. He worked so damn hard, running from end to end throughout the match. It was a superb turnaround from last week and simply great to see. He "stuck it up 'em" , using the words of Ted.

I thought Bevo was beautifully direct and honest in his assessment of those in the media who belittled Adz during the week. He said he found it disappointing and that several commentators were just plain nasty. This reminds me of certain posters here on Nick's, who have labelled Adz as virtually being a useless liability of a footballer. "Nasty" would be a mild assessment of their diatribe from my point of view.
"Virtually"? He is a useless liability of a footballer. He cost Collingwood premierships and I can't even begin to understand why people want to see him do well at another club.

Call me old-fashioned - but I'd quite like it if people posting on a Collingwood page would bag the opposition spuds instead of our own handful of great players.
Last edited by Pies4shaw on Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Pies4shaw wrote: "Virtually"? He is a useless liability of a footballer. He cost Collingwood premierships and I can't even begin to understand why people want to see him do well at another club.
So that makes Treloar useless at being a liability.

Does the double negative make Treloar an asset?
schuey07

Post by schuey07 »

think positive wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Dear me
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Magpietothemax wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

I agree PP.
Maybe you should think about your diatribe against Brodie grundy as well. give him the chance under a new coach. Clearly Bux and he did not work well together.
Maybe you should revisit and read again what I've written about Grundy. I have never said he was a useless footballer, just an over paid one, which has its own ramifications for the development and improvement of the whole team.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Call me old-fashioned - but I'd quite like it if people posting on a Collingwood page would bag the opposition spuds instead of our own handful of great players.
Err, this isn't a Collingwood page, it's the Nick's Other AFL page.
PyreneesPie

Post by PyreneesPie »

Magpietothemax wrote: Clearly Bux and he did not work well together.
Clearly, on the contrary, Grundy and Bucks worked quite well together, from the moment Grundy was drafted, right up until 2020 season. A player does not develop from a draftee into a two time Copeland winner and AA under a coach he cannot work with.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Magpietothemax wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

I agree PP.
bravo! I’m standing and applauding!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

Pies4shaw wrote:

This 100%!
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Gee Treloar's "mental health problems" must be playing up right about now lol.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
think positive

Post by think positive »

schuey07 wrote:
think positive wrote:
Lazza wrote: Dear me
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Despite the constant attacks on him here,Adam’s actually played well in two of the three finals for the Bulldogs..I wish him well,and hope he achieves the ultimate in football,winning a grand final.It might shut up his critics once and for all,but I highly doubt that it will.
Last edited by doriswilgus on Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It'd be really surprising if it did - we don't seem to be able to shut up the critics of Collingwood's handful of genuinely good players, so why would people stop criticising this guy who cost us premierships and doesn't play for us anymore?
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

Pies4shaw wrote:It'd be really surprising if it did - we don't seem to be able to shut up the critics of Collingwood's handful of genuinely good players, so why would I stop criticising this guy who cost us premierships and doesn't play for us anymore?
F.I.F.Y