#8 Lachie Schultz

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

swooper
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by swooper »

Very happy for Lachie last night. Interestingly Fly mentioned in his presser that Lachie was dealing with some 'off field' stuff.
Just a reminder we never really know what is going on with our players, aka AJ
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

^^^^

True dat. There must be hidden reasons affecting performances but we can only comment on the known stuff. We probably get it wrong without right info.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

I also think he probably thrives more with an open forward line and being more of a target than he has been as a 5th-6th forward in earlier rounds.

It was a lot of what that Hawthorn sook was going on about, he has probably been struggling to adapt to the structure of the Collingwood forward line where Freo being shit he probably had more freedom.
derkd
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

Very good game on Friday, I do sense that he (Shoota) as I believe the freo fans called him.

Has struggled with the change of game plan, between Freo and Collingwood. Freo play more of the 'Buckley style' sideways nonsense (in my opinion).

Collingwood is a tight structure with a chaos element..which i am sure might take a full year to learn his role. That is fine.

I still don't think the trade was worth what Collingwood paid. That is not the players problem. We hand over a player like Henry for under his value. Yet overpay for in the incoming?
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

derkd wrote:I still don't think the trade was worth what Collingwood paid. That is not the players problem. We hand over a player like Henry for under his value. Yet overpay for in the incoming?
How could we have avoided handing over Henry for less than his value?
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Magpietothemax wrote:How could we have avoided handing over Henry for less than his value?
The biggest regret we'll have is opting to have Johnson over Henry late in 2022.

Johnson was a flash in the pan at the time, but Henry was worth investing in despite his flaws with his defensive game. Maybe he would have left anyway, but giving him more game time might have helped him stay.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Henry was always going to Geelong, never planned to be with us longer than his apprenticeship
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Mr Miyagi wrote:Henry was always going to Geelong, never planned to be with us longer than his apprenticeship
Exactly. I don't believe we chose AJ over Henry. We were forced to give up Henry.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
What'sinaname
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Magpietothemax wrote:^
We didn't have to gift him to the Cats though
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

What'sinaname wrote:^
Should have forced him into the draft. %$^%$.
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Henry lost a nut after moving to Geelong, so the trade came out even in the end
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

Back to Shultz. Best game for us and now to see if he can cement a place by his good form as against reputation
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by piffdog »

Coach alluded to some personal/off field things he's had to deal with too. None of my business what they are, but would take a robot-psyche to not that kind of stuff have some impact on your game-day output.

I think he's been going pretty well. He's got 4.5 years to run on the contract and when its done I'm pretty sure we'll say it was a good acquisition.
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Jezza wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:How could we have avoided handing over Henry for less than his value?
The biggest regret we'll have is opting to have Johnson over Henry late in 2022.

Johnson was a flash in the pan at the time, but Henry was worth investing in despite his flaws with his defensive game. Maybe he would have left anyway, but giving him more game time might have helped him stay.
I think our club knew Henry wanted out early in the 2022 season, when he refused to sign a contract extension. If they knew he has determined to join his brother at the Cats, then there was no reason to play him in our senior team.
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

Important now to build on his good game against Doggie’s on a personal basis

But more so at this time with Billy absent for a period and Joe Richards too!!

Important also to the team
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right