Welcome to Collingwood, Coach Craig McRae

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:
Macattacks wrote:A wag over at EB&W:

"Carlton, sorry for your Voss"

That just has to make the papers !
Vossy ate some humble pie too, I bet he choked. After demanding five years with us, and us telling him we’d only give him three, sounds like Carlton also gave him the reality check.
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

So he comes in and demand a fiver at interview for Collingwood job eh!!

Gave the impression when he played that every thing at Brizzy revolved around him

FWIW. He won’t want to bet the farm on a long stay at Scum if wins are infrequent
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Lazza

Post by Lazza »

TBH, no coach would be safe at any club if wins are infrequent. I hear the talk that he has changed over the years but let’s see the walk after the talk.
Don't confuse your current path with your final destination. Just because it's dark and stormy now doesn't meant that you aren't headed for glorious sunshine!
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Do we think Collingwood need to further bolster its coaching panel like say Mark Williams or Luke Hodge to come to Collingwood.
BazBoy

Post by BazBoy »

I’ll note this that when we had Budda Hocking his knockabout larrikin presence made for a happy camp

Been said that Mark Williams has the same affect with side,s and Melbourne in
particular

Development coach with us possibly
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Collingwood have scored a major coup securing highly-respected former Demon Neville Jetta as a development coach in 2022.

The 31-year-old who played 159 matches in 13 seasons with Melbourne announced his retirement last week, days after the Demons won their drought-breaking flag in Perth before weighing up his options this past week with several clubs chasing his services.

He will play VFL with Collingwood in 2022 as the club focus its energies on developing its expanding group of talented youngsters in the next few seasons under incoming senior coach Craig McRae.
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

oh man, this coach is really making people want to join us!YEAH BABY
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
jackcass

Post by jackcass »

Magpie Russ wrote:Collingwood have scored a major coup securing highly-respected former Demon Neville Jetta as a development coach in 2022.

The 31-year-old who played 159 matches in 13 seasons with Melbourne announced his retirement last week, days after the Demons won their drought-breaking flag in Perth before weighing up his options this past week with several clubs chasing his services.

He will play VFL with Collingwood in 2022 as the club focus its energies on developing its expanding group of talented youngsters in the next few seasons under incoming senior coach Craig McRae.
Good signing. Nice that he can play a game of VFL or 2 to get some in-game work done with some of our kids.
Presti35
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

What's everyones thoughts on Kingsley on SEN this week?

Sour grapes? Unprofessional? Just being honest?

Kinda makes me think both Collingwood and Carlton made the right choice.

We've all missed out on a job we've wanted. Not that he trashed the clubs, but I think it's better to just keep your thoughts to yourself and look to the next vacancy. It's only a matter of time before he's coaching somewhere.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

I think rejection has made him bitter and full of shot! So who cares where he goes? For what it’s worth I’m pretty sure the club interviewed a couple of others but they were a side dish in case the didn’t like or land McCrae
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

Fly's presser on day 1 of pre-season.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... on-day-one
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

^impressive presser
His words re JDG were excellent.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
MagpieWhisperer35
Been liked: 3 times

Post by MagpieWhisperer35 »

there is something about this bloke, he seems like the type of coach that has the right blend of likability and no nonsense that makes players gell together as winners, , if he is as good a psychologist as MM was to boot, we may be in for a fun ride, I just don't know how I can handle watching Collingwood in another Grand Final when it does happen.
Go Pies
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

Jezza wrote:Fly's presser on day 1 of pre-season.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/1 ... on-day-one
McRae gives a very positive initial impression in terms of the type of coach we need as a club.

As someone said, he's no-nonsense. You can tell he doesn't feel like he owes anyone or needs to explain anything. This bodes well. To quote Leigh Matthews' favourite maxim, which McRae no doubt learned from Lethal himself, 'don't complain and don't explain'.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm