Pre Match - Pies v. Swans. All comments here please.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

magpie willow

Post by magpie willow »

Sorry about that short msg my magpie andy he is a mate of mine and just recently joined nicks so he is just learning but please bear with him asnd forgive him thanks :lol:
cheers
Will.

CARN THE PIES!!!!
Magpie Andy

Post by Magpie Andy »

THANX MATE UR A LEGEND 8) 8)

GO PIES :D :lol:

ROCCA IS THE BEST 8) :lol:

SWANS U BETTER WATCH OUT BECAUSE YOUR GOING DOWN :twisted: :P
Thanks Heaps
Andy C

GO ROCCA, We Are Ready For Da Finalz

We ArE BlAcK wE aRe WhItE wE aRe BlOoDy DyNaMiTe

Pies for 2004 primiership
bucks_for_brownlow

Post by bucks_for_brownlow »

Somebody said that we will smash them like Hawthorn did a few weeks ago. Thing is Hawthorn just won all of the bounces because of Spider. And Fraz ain't no Spider.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

"And Fraz ain't no Spider" Fraz in the ruck against who? Goodes? don't underestamate Fraz, he's on the verge of ripping the AFL appart.
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
molloymagic

Post by molloymagic »

what time does it start? if its after 7.30pm then we will see it live,if it starts before then yet again,it'll be delayed.

I'm just getting a bit nervous and worried by this. Cos last time they started well against us. Should i be worried now?.

Guess i should look forward to having to listen to'oh isn't the swans so damn great' etc by the channel 10 commentators saturday.

bring in molloy and rupert please!!!!!!!!.
Jarrod Molloy
*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
roccasok

Weak Sydney Supporters

Post by roccasok »

I found it interesting that Colless would not tip attendance because he didn't know the weather. I bet all the Collingwood fans heading up from Melbourne and the Collingwood fans in Sydney will all turn up. Obviously he is worried about the Swan supporters who don't want to get their hair wet. How weak is that!!!

He also commented that the game is televised live in Sydney and that will affect numbers. Does the Sydney rugby league attitude of watching a game on TV instead of going to support it also apply to Sydney Swans supporters??

Time for Collingwood and it's supporters to show these Swanettes what real footy is all about. Grind them into the turf boys. Go Pies
roccasok

Top four calculations

Post by roccasok »

By my calculations, this week is the one we need to win. If we have to drop a game, the Essendon game is the one. If we drop the swans game we end up 5-7. Dropping the Essendon game still gives us a chance of finishing 4th with the double chance (and allows us to inflict another first final loss on Port again!!)
M@®©

Post by M@®© »

Culprit wrote:We need to play 4 qtrs of football and have not done that all year. It's about time we started.
we have played some 4 qtr games this season
kangaroos was one ummm freo was another the carlton thrashing was another some may not of been real dominating but they were 4 consistent qtrs of footy
sharp9

Post by sharp9 »

Culprit wrote:We need to play 4 qtrs of football and have not done that all year. It's about time we started.

Sydney made us look slow earlier this year.

They are the talking point all week and go in odds on Favourites. That's a good thing. The pressure is on them to win.
Sydney haven't played four quarters all season, yet, either. Favouritsm schmavouritism...ask the Hawks.
Go Hard, Be honest, Never Die Wondering.
Joel

Post by Joel »

Swans, Magpies join forces to talk up match (LINK)
By Jessica Halloran
Sydney
August 20 2003
Colless, in all his jovial bravado, greeted his "evil twin brother" to the "bullshit capital" of the country, presented the president with a No. 9 guernsey with McGuire's surname printed on the back.
From Realfooty.com.au
Magpie Andy

Post by Magpie Andy »

CARN PIES

I think the pies will win this game, and yes i watch every game, it is bloody awsome, and now 2 watch the pies win again and i might come to some games which is preety mad

JLC the Fonz is mad by the way

and i have no offence against the SWANS but just that it will be a blockbuster :P

Rocca will hopefully kick 5 Goals (or more :wink: )
Thanks Heaps
Andy C

GO ROCCA, We Are Ready For Da Finalz

We ArE BlAcK wE aRe WhItE wE aRe BlOoDy DyNaMiTe

Pies for 2004 primiership
magpie willow

Post by magpie willow »

I can just feel it and know that we are gonna go win it because we realise what we can achieve and that is a 2nd spot and 2 home finals and if we can get that looks like the cups outs baby!! :lol: :lol:

I beleive we will play our best game for the season tarrant will be unstoppable marking and pebble shall bag half a dozen!

Everyone will have a great game and we will rock telstra staidium and win this to take 2nd spot you beauty COME ON PIES WE ALL KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!
cheers
Will.

CARN THE PIES!!!!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Going to be a tough game for the Pies, Sydney will be very pumped up after their surprising victory over the Lions. This is going to be a game that Collingwood will have to run out from start to finish. We cannot goto sleep late in the game like we did against the Crows, if we do, we could lose the game. Should be a good game, I am not really confident that the Pies will win, but I think Collingwood might be a little too good for the Swans. Hopefully we can jump them early, and not sleep through the game like we did last time.
HotPies90

Post by HotPies90 »

Here's an encouraging sign. It seems that Paul Roos is going to be giving the job of playing on Tarrant to ... Craig Bolton. Just to remind everyone, this was the then-Brisbane hack that had 6 goals kicked against him, by ... Chris Tarrant, when Brisbane lost to the Pies in Rnd 8. Tazza will be licking his lips in anticipation!
"Here's to alcohol, the source of and answer to all of life's problems"
Trippy Pie

Post by Trippy Pie »

By the time the game is over and we are singing our theme song, those beautiful swans will be looking like the ugly ducklings they really are.