Post Match - Pies beat Dogs in thriller. All comments here.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

MaggiesChick_33

Post by MaggiesChick_33 »

I was pretty pissed up until half time when we decided to play footy but a good game over all most of the players improved on their form from last week which was good to see. I feel so bad for Tommy Davidson i think i am a jinx because when i posted in the topic for post game comments i wished all the of the new guys good luck and i hoped they wouldnt get hurt and what happened Tommy got hurt!!! I was impressed with Stretch today he did a good job againts street and darcy and he was a good back up for Josh!!!
Better than Ben Davies
Fitter than Chris Tarrant
Boy u may be hotter than Cam Cloke
And Trav Cloke Don't match u either
Coz your name is sexy Sean Rusling
sherrife

sloppy match

Post by sherrife »

wat a relief! GO THE PIES!! we played like shockers, i cant believe we got away with that match but full kudos to burns who singlehandedly picked up our midfield in the second half. MM was kidding himself to think that we could take smith out of the play by sacrificing burns, and the 8 clearances by burns in the second half showed that!

johnno is developing into a genuine gun off that half back flank, fraser will be a star if richards can break even in the ruck (like today), bucks was... about half of his normal self (still a demi-god), woey was patchy, clement and wakelin kept us in the match in the 1st half while doggies were attacking relentlessly, leon played well in spurts which is all we need from a goal-kicking crumber, the rest of the team was reasonable to poor for the most of the match

GO YOU PIES!

(chances next week are slim without an incredible amazing spectacular improvement in skills)
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

ps. the most CONFUSING umpiring i have ever seen i didnt know what was going on for half the match honestly the crowd around me in M8 was baffled!
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
Dr Alf Andrews

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

Leon Davis, take a bow. You have saved your career ... at least for one more week. With any luck you'll get dropped for the Brisbane game and your career will last at least two more weeks.

That incredibly gutsy mark he took about 50 metres out in the 3rd quarter, which resulted in a goal, might just be the turning point in his season ... I sure hope so because he's a good player when he's firing. And today he was close to our best.

Pretty dreadful performance by the Pies today, but a very important win in the context of the early part of this season.

I can't actually see us hitting form for at least another month ... in the meantime we need to win a couple of games to keep in touch ... and today was a good one to win. At times during the third quarter we almost looked like Collingwood.

I reckon we should forfeit next week and play a scratch match against Williamstown. Save the airfare. We couldn't win if we started now.

Save the big effort for the Freo match. We might have a reasonable chance of winning that ... and with Essendon looking shaky at the moment, maybe we're an outside chance of fluking a win on ANZAC Day.

If we can be 3-3 or 2-4 after Port beat us in round 6, I reckon we'll be doing OK, because by then we might have had a chance to play ourselves into a bit of form. We've just gotta keep in touch with the leaders while we find our feet for 2004. If we can do that we might just be a genuine contender come September.

But right now we're playing like total crap. And that's not going to change any time in the next few weeks.

The Bulldogs should have won today. They dominated for most of the match and made us look pretty damn ordinary.

Like a lot of people have said, the Bulldogs have forgotten how to win. They are actually a pretty good side. They're a team that always seems to "nearly" beat their opponent. A bit like Collingwood in 1999. For this reason I gave us a faint glimmer of hope at half time.

I liked Ben Johnson's effort ... he seemed to lift us when there was nothing else happening in the 2nd quarter.

Tarrant got plenty of the ball, but didn't use it all that well at times.

I'm a huge fan of Woewodin, but he disappointed me slightly today.

Didak was a bit off-target today. He can be a bit hit-or-miss. Some days he's hot and some days he's not.

Rocca was a target ... but he owes us a premiership so I won't praise him until he gets us one. If he's injured they should rest him next week and save him for a game that we can actually win.
Line and Length ... Line and Length ... Line and Length
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Richie Cole is a real worry at the moment - his clangers in the third should have cost us the game. If he does that again against the Lions it could be pretty damaging for him - after the second goal he gave in the third quarter the look on his face said it all. Hop he can pull it together because he played well in patches today and went hard at the footy. I'd play him in the forward line next week if he plays. Great to win a game in that fashion and good to see the clearances getting a lot cleaner as the match went on.

Can't believe people are calling for Woey's head - I think he's been amoung our best the last 2 weeks and is so dangerous near goal. Another great game from Wakelin (very underated) - thought he was good last week and great today. Hope Lynchy gets chronically fatigued during the week...
Buon Giorno
Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Donny »

Err ... Big T. Just who is calling for Woey's head ??
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

Dr Alf Andrews wrote: I reckon we should forfeit next week and play a scratch match against Williamstown. Save the airfare. We couldn't win if we started now.
No chance, mark the Bears game as 4 points to us! It's a dead set cert!
Dr Alf Andrews

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

MAGFAN8 wrote:Err ... Big T. Just who is calling for Woey's head ??
Sorry for butting in, but I couldn't resist.

It seems a lot of Collingwood fans have a problem with him.

Like the twerp I was sitting next to today. Every time Woey went anywhere near the ball this guy would yell out, "I hate you, Woewodin."

This guy was a Collingwood fan ... I kid you not :shock:

Mind you ... this was in the first half, when the whole team, including Woewodin, were looking pretty ordinary. He was also abusing Licuria at any opportunity ... so go figure :roll:

The fact is, lots of Collingwood fans would like to see Woewodin traded off. Personally I don't think any of these people have a brain to bless themselves with ... but there's a lot of them. And they've got very loud voices.

WOEWODIN IS A MAGICIAN ... he is absolutely utterly 100% UNTRADABLE.

So hands off ...

Make WOEWODIN a Pie for life.
Dr Alf Andrews

Post by Dr Alf Andrews »

London Dave wrote:
Dr Alf Andrews wrote: I reckon we should forfeit next week and play a scratch match against Williamstown. Save the airfare. We couldn't win if we started now.
No chance, mark the Bears game as 4 points to us! It's a dead set cert!
About as much chance as Milwall winning The Cup :roll:
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

Dr Alf Andrews wrote: About as much chance as Milwall winning The Cup :roll:
That's another dead set cert! Make it the double!
oxford-magpie

Post by oxford-magpie »

London Dave wrote:
Dr Alf Andrews wrote: About as much chance as Milwall winning The Cup :roll:
Th anotheat'sr dead set cert! Make it the double!

Is that the game or the brawl before the game?? :D
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

An Oxford based Hammers fan!
oxford-magpie

Post by oxford-magpie »

Ipswich fan actually, Millwall just seem to have a certain reputation.
London Dave

Post by London Dave »

lol good luck against west brom tomorrow!
oxford-magpie

Post by oxford-magpie »

thanks, go you mighty tractor boys!!