where we stand

For discussion regarding Nick's Collingwood Page

Moderators: Joel, DaVe86, bbmods

MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

once again thanks guys, I've a bit of work to catch up on and then we'll into this.

Steve.
Pain heals, Chicks dig scars, Glory..... lasts forever!
sherrife

Post by sherrife »

So Steve have you checked out any of the ideas?

Sponsorship by Emirates or even the club could be something you bring up at the AGM if you work out how much it would cost annually etc beforehand.

This site is amazing and its future should be secured!
I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks. When I rise it will be with the ranks... - Eugene Debs
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

G'day sherrife m8,
thanx for your interest and yes we have thought of sponsorship and the like but we currently work inside a bit of a restricted framwork where advertising is concerned, Mike could probarbly explain it better than I could. The money side of this isn't my major concern like it was 18 months ago, Mike has given us an indefinite future hosted here so that is taken care of, the money problems we face are problems more to do with organisation than anything else, next year we will no doubt wish to run our own tipping comp again, we will no doubt look to sponsor a player, we would like to have t-shirts made to help cover the cost of these things and others but who will be oranising any of it?
we as Nick's ussers are so used to these things being there during the season we don't think about who has organised it as it is always just there for us.
the last couple of years I've hoped like mad that someone puts up their hand to organise things like the sponsorship, the guys that take care of it have put up their hands every year thankfully, but do we just hope they do it again next year?
this is why we need a managemnt group/organising committee, I might be a couple of years early with all of this but it needs to be out there, people need to be thinking about the long term future of Nick's.

for the moment I am going to deal with what I am able to get done, take it one bite at a time, we are allready part way through setting up a group to look after the website and should be able take on this and other things then.

Steve.
Last edited by MagpieMad on Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

MagpieMad wrote: we would like to have t-shirts made to help cover the cost of these things and others but who will be oranising any of it?
Steve.
Steve, I offered before the Nick's function to source out the T-shirt thingy, but needed some of the logos so was unable to continue. My brother get's his business Tshirts from this place which is only down the road from me.

Still happy to do it, but need a logo to take to them to get prices.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
Johnson#26

Post by Johnson#26 »

Just an update, all player profiles will have added to them a profile of their first and most recent/last games, just like the cricketers profiles on baggygreen.com.
MagpieMad

Post by MagpieMad »

Proud Pies wrote:
MagpieMad wrote: we would like to have t-shirts made to help cover the cost of these things and others but who will be oranising any of it?
Steve.
Steve, I offered before the Nick's function to source out the T-shirt thingy, but needed some of the logos so was unable to continue. My brother get's his business Tshirts from this place which is only down the road from me.

Still happy to do it, but need a logo to take to them to get prices.
more to it, where do we get the money to pay for them, when we sell them where does the money go, who pays the tax on them when they're sold, do we need a ABN if so who pays for registration for it if necessary, who decides how we spend the money, who will store and mail out the t-shirts, who will organise it all.
as for artwork I don't think it fair I dictate what art we use and I'm not even sure I want to use artwork of mine that I could sell to a football club as a logo ect. if we used any art right now we would use the Nick's ten year logo we have now on the front page, would people buy shirts with that on them? we should have a vote or something on the art.
who will organise it all.
more to it ;)

Steve.
Proud Pies

Post by Proud Pies »

basically it was only to get a quote and needed some sort of artwork to get the quote.
Jacqui © Proud Pies 2003 and beyond
Joel

Post by Joel »

There is another option, but we'd still need an ABN, and we'd only have limited control over the price (which will probably be the case anyway). Steve is spot on though, we did investigate it, and realised that there was more to it than initially meets the eye. Still, it's something I'd like to get up and running.
Joel

Post by Joel »

We will discuss it Tess. Thanks for the offer.