John Aloisi: The biggest clown in world soccer.

Keep up to date with all the latest news and results in the Premier and A-League.

Moderator: bbmods

John Wren

Post by John Wren »

King Malta wrote:
John Wren wrote:
collie dog wrote:If anyone thought that Aloisi could coach they have now been proven completely wrong by the second coming of John Van't Schip. With basically the same squad he has given Heart 19 out of a possible 21 points. They are undefeated. This is the same team that went 19 games without a win. The 4-nil win against a weakened Victory is still a great result. Now tell me that coaches don't matter!

No one is crying for John Aloisi anymore. :lol:
too simple an assessment. van't schip's timing is impeccable. granted vs has a greater tactical and coaching nous but you'd expect that given his experience.

unfortunately for aloisi he did not have the services of engelaar, germano or even kewell for the first half of the season. he also did not have the impetus of man city buying out the club. the effect that has on current and future performance cannot be underestimated.
I disagree.

Although those factors make a difference (Engelaar hadn't actually completed a full match for us until about two weeks ago, Germano had a 'mystery' injury under Aloisi and never played and Kewell actually has probably played as many games for JA as JVS) JA's coaching style was disgraceful compared to JVS'. His line-ups/formation never changed regardless of result and he insisted on having us bypass our midfield with horrendous long-ball football. He also never gave any of the young players a run regardless of their youth team form or the struggles of our starters.

The Man City buy out would have changed the mood around the club but so has JVS' tactical approach. In my eyes JA is one of the worst coaches this league has seen (if not the worst).
aloisi gets another go. wonder what roar see in him.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

I must say I'm surprised he got another coaching gig considering how poor he was at Melbourne Heart (now Melbourne City).
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
John Wren

Post by John Wren »

with roar travelling well right now it begs the question whether it's the coach, the players or a combination of both. roar has had some big losses this season but equally has had some very strong wins.

on the flipside, jvs has completed a list overhaul and has city going nicely too. dealt to roar last night after roar smacked victory 5-0 last week.
Purveyor of sanctimonious twaddle.