Welcome to Collingwood / Farewell Chloe Molloy

The home for conversation about our AFLW team - the best women's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

stui magpie wrote:Well done to Chloe, related to Jarrad Molloy I believe (thankfully not to Mick)
She is Jarrad's Niece
I am Da Man
23 YIPPEE!!!

Chole Molly

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Farewell Chole Molly be sadly missed and is going to play for the Swans in the aflw and i dont know why.

God ill miss the Clo.
maurs64
Been liked: 1 time

Post by maurs64 »

As most players do now, Chloe is going to the Swans for more money. Shame we don't get any compensation for her except draft picks! Maybe we can trade a good pick for an experienced player! Otherwise it's down the ladder we go, which was happening even with Chloe out there. Face it Collingwood is not a top four team. For the last couple of seasons our fixture has flattered us and we have been found wanting in the finals when we have to play the genuine flag contenders. Losing Chloe who I thought was the heart and soul of the team is disappointing. She's done what those Pies players did years ago when they defected to North Melbourne. Bit of a hypocrite now aren't we Chloe!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

It sucks that she's left us, but she has to do whats best for her and her career. I just hate how these teams are able to poach players the way they are, leaving the other sides somewhat weaker because of it.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Poor form from Chloe for taking up the offer at the Swans she could have said no im staying loyal to Collingwood.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

The Prototype wrote:It sucks that she's left us, but she has to do whats best for her and her career. I just hate how these teams are able to poach players the way they are, leaving the other sides somewhat weaker because of it.
They are Destroying AFLW
I am Da Man
maurs64

Post by maurs64 »

If the AFLW eventually falls over due to lack of interest, I'll be definitely blaming the AFL. They have expanded to 18 teams way too fast, and caused the standard to drop each year, instead of improve. They refuse to make the season any longer so many teams never play each other. For example, when was the last time Collingwood played Melbourne?
If any female player believes they deserve equal pay with the men, they are kidding themselves! When AFLW games attract 10,000+ spectators every week & big ratings on TV - then maybe clubs will be able to afford to pay the women a living wage. But until that time they are getting what they deserve. And the standard of games hopefully will start to improve from now on as there are no more teams to add! But as long as players continue to walk out on their clubs on any sort of whim, or for more money, teams like Collingwood will continue to suffer and sink to the bottom of the ladder until they can poach some good players back in!
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

maurs64 wrote:... Losing Chloe who I thought was the heart and soul of the team is disappointing. She's done what those Pies players did years ago when they defected to North Melbourne. Bit of a hypocrite now aren't we Chloe!
Did she say anything about other players leaving? :?:
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Poor form from Chloe should have not been so greedy.

Should have stayed loyal.

Now shes gone to sydney for the cash.

Poor form must say.
maurs64

Post by maurs64 »

K wrote:
maurs64 wrote:... Losing Chloe who I thought was the heart and soul of the team is disappointing. She's done what those Pies players did years ago when they defected to North Melbourne. Bit of a hypocrite now aren't we Chloe!
Did she's say anything about other players leaving? :?:
She always commented on the players that left Collingwood for the Kangaroos. Google it! She'll get a lot of sledging when the Swans play North for sure.
Jezza
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

K wrote:
Did she say anything about other players leaving? :?:
https://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/ ... os-magpies
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

How can we lose a marquee player for nothing? This is seriously ridiculous.
Buon Giorno
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

Not entirely for nothing:

"Compensation will be provided to those sides who lose players via the PSP period in the form of draft picks. Those draft picks, however, will not be for this upcoming 2023 draft which will only include overage players. Instead, those compensation picks will be for the draft ahead of season nine, which arguably makes them more valuable.

These compensation picks, which cannot be traded, will then be used to recruit young players coming straight out of the now unbroken talent pathways"

https://www.womens.afl/news/118348/myth ... ng-the-psp
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Well thats good dark beanie.

I think thats what we need a few top end picks and go for talented kids.

In a way pies are looking at getting some youngesters back in the team for long term success.
magpieazza

Post by magpieazza »

Geez I thought we were big players in the trade period but it was 3 quality players out Chiocci Lambert and Molloy out and we get a under rated player coming off a knee reco. Plus we got Kate Shellor??
Not sure if we came out on top in this trade period.
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.