Post Match v Bankruptcy Boys...In Here thanx

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

dimo

Post by dimo »

We played our "get out of JAIL card" but it was a win and that was the most important thing..

Any margain over Carlton is a good WIN..
chalky

Post by chalky »

Well guys - some seem to think we thankfully "got away with it", others slightly more critical of our boys' efforts.

But put it in perspective. That was the BEST that Carlton could ever do. They had everything to play for - a mini GF! They were playing for their credibility from supporters, sponsors and media and were certainly fired up and they still couldn't beat us!

Watching the replay a few times already I'd like to make a special mention. I thought Clemo under the pump all night coping with Pagan's paddock, one on one, was sooo good.
Hope Presti is right soon cheers
AnthonyC
Been liked: 1 time

Post by AnthonyC »

2 from 2, what more do you want?

Just a few quick observations. Williams was sensational, great to see Taz present well and hold his marks. And I'd agree with Marg, too often we took to long to dispose of the ball as forwards were leading or players were free, while at other times no-one seemed to give an option.

We all probably thought this was going to be a lot easier, but I wouldn't think that MM and the boys thought all they had to do was show up. As others have said, this end of the season counts for little (obviously don't want to lose too many), but I 'd prefer to see us hitting our peak in September. Who wants to be April premiers?
Go Pies!
JLC

Post by JLC »

The AFL season is like a Marathon as Malcolm Blight once said.

The person who leaves the stadium first is not always the person who reenters the stadium first. Id rather build up slowly than break out into a sprint in the first 100 metres of the marathon.

jlc
Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post by Donny »

Cliches. Cliches.

We're 8 points ahead of PA, Geelong and Carlton after 2 games. That's significant, especially with our injury/availability situation.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D