Sooo, will YOU Booo Grundy ?

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

^ Carlton are using Silvagni as a ruckman.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 101 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

eddiesmith wrote:I doubt Melbourne is paying Petracca a million a year....
Quite correct. He's on considerably more than that.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Pies4shaw wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

dalyc wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Wonka wrote: There is no question that elite midfielders are more important than ruckmen for clearances, as was made bleeding obvious by the game last week against Melbourne, in which we won the hit outs 43-38, but were smashed in the clearances, losing stoppage clearances 24-32 and centre clearances an astonishing 7-21, and this is why Graham Wright wants to trade out Grundy and trade in an inside mid.
Only true if you assume that Grundy is a normal ruckman. He is not. He is a ruckman with amazing tank, and midfield attributes.
Cox and Cameron are pure ruckmen when in the ruck, but I believe that Grundy has different characteristics which can be harnessed with imaginative coaching. I think we have that now.
So when he was double AA Ruck under Bucks he was being under-coached?
No, he was being coached within a team overall that was being energised with Justin Longmuir and Buddha Hocking at the helm
To correctly analyse the game, you cannot look at individuals, but must consider the whole team context.
That is precisely why I am claiming that we must keep Grundy now.,
Within an imaginative and inclusive coaching environment, we have no idea as to what standards he can achieve.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

What'sinaname wrote:^ Carlton are using Silvagni as a ruckman.
Good for them. Did they beat Melbourne?
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Magpietothemax wrote:
Yet the last time Melbourne beat Collingwood was also the last time Grundy played against Melbourne back in 2020...
Magpietothemax

Post by Magpietothemax »

eddiesmith wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Yet the last time Melbourne beat Collingwood was also the last time Grundy played against Melbourne back in 2020...
So I suppose you are claiming as a result of this last statement, QED
(Question..Eddie...Done).
Nah...does not compute.
Last time Collingwood played GF, Grundy was AA.
Sure I could find a myriad of other stats if I tried that proved my point over yours.
But I won't bother, because I would be proving nothing, just like you.
We are referring here to tendencies, and potential outcomes, which cannot be judged by cherry picked stats such as you are quoting.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Piesnchess
Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 78 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Grundy will stay, as will De Goey, im certain of it.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

eddiesmith wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
... in a COVID-season shortened game with Collingwood playing in that idiot part of the "fixture" where we were required to play off a 4-day break at the Gabba. More specifically, Collingwood played games on the 2nd, 6th and 11th of August and then played Melbourne on the 15th. Those games were played in - wait for it - Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide and Brisbane. The "fixture" was obviously set up for us to be flogged along that little journey.

If you weren't being completely asinine, you'd just acknowledge that Melbourne hasn't beaten Collingwood in a full-length game of AFL played in ordinary playing conditions since Queen's Birthday 2016. Jarrod Witts was our ruck that day.
dalyc
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by dalyc »

Magpietothemax wrote:
dalyc wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote: Only true if you assume that Grundy is a normal ruckman. He is not. He is a ruckman with amazing tank, and midfield attributes.
Cox and Cameron are pure ruckmen when in the ruck, but I believe that Grundy has different characteristics which can be harnessed with imaginative coaching. I think we have that now.
You have your narrative and bend facts to suit it.
So when he was double AA Ruck under Bucks he was being under-coached?
No, he was being coached within a team overall that was being energised with Justin Longmuir and Buddha Hocking at the helm
To correctly analyse the game, you cannot look at individuals, but must consider the whole team context.
That is precisely why I am claiming that we must keep Grundy now.,
Within an imaginative and inclusive coaching environment, we have no idea as to what standards he can achieve.
Four legged animals good, two legged animals better
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Pies4shaw wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote: Good for them. Did they beat Melbourne?
... in a COVID-season shortened game with Collingwood playing in that idiot part of the "fixture" where we were required to play off a 4-day break at the Gabba. More specifically, Collingwood played games on the 2nd, 6th and 11th of August and then played Melbourne on the 15th. Those games were played in - wait for it - Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide and Brisbane. The "fixture" was obviously set up for us to be flogged along that little journey.

If you weren't being completely asinine, you'd just acknowledge that Melbourne hasn't beaten Collingwood in a full-length game of AFL played in ordinary playing conditions since Queen's Birthday 2016. Jarrod Witts was our ruck that day.
Meanwhile Melbourne rested their star ruckman the game before as they were playing the 3rd bottom side, but Grundy insisted on playing the bottom team because it was his home town…Putting himself ahead of the club yet again, seems to be a common trend…
Johnno75

Post by Johnno75 »

eddiesmith wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
Max Gann wasn’t playing that day. Big max has played the other 6 times we have beaten them since 2016.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

eddiesmith wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:Yet the last time Melbourne beat Collingwood was also the last time Grundy played against Melbourne back in 2020...

Meanwhile Melbourne rested their star ruckman the game before as they were playing the 3rd bottom side, but Grundy insisted on playing the bottom team because it was his home town…Putting himself ahead of the club yet again, seems to be a common trend…
More drivel. The Melbourne game was played in Brisbane. Or are you - as usual - just attempting to skirt the issue by talking about something else entirely when you're caught out making up garbage?
stui magpie
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by stui magpie »

Pies4shaw wrote:
Not according to the Herald Sun top 100 players. They have him in the $850-950 range. 11th on the list, just ahead of Oliver and Gawn both on $800-900.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
eddiesmith

Post by eddiesmith »

Pies4shaw wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote: ... in a COVID-season shortened game with Collingwood playing in that idiot part of the "fixture" where we were required to play off a 4-day break at the Gabba. More specifically, Collingwood played games on the 2nd, 6th and 11th of August and then played Melbourne on the 15th. Those games were played in - wait for it - Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide and Brisbane. The "fixture" was obviously set up for us to be flogged along that little journey.

More drivel. The Melbourne game was played in Brisbane. Or are you - as usual - just attempting to skirt the issue by talking about something else entirely when you're caught out making up garbage?
Maybe you should learn to read first before attacking people's correct points.

But I imagine like every other time you get told you're wrong, you'll just delete this...