What are you listening to right now?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 98 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

King Crimson - Lark's Tongues in Aspic. The remastering is so good it's like hearing the album for the first time. The transition to the first loud section in Part 1 is so violent in this edition that I thought the roof was going to come down. Great stuff.
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

I should, perhaps add, for the other 2 King Crimson fans out there, that there is a 2012 15-CD (I kid you not) edition of Lark's Tongues in a vinyl-sized box. I just saw it in JB. I wouldn't part with the $202.95 they were asking for it, at least not today, but who knows how the hunger may grow?

On the other hand, the Lark's Tongues line-up of KC with 2 drummers only lasted for about 5 months, so it's hard to know where they got about 13 of the CDs from and what the sound quality would be like.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

Except, of course, for the hiss and clicks. That's why remastered silence on CD is always preferable.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Meddle and The Piper at the Gates of Dawn by Pink Floyd. First time I've listened to either, and I have to say I prefer the Roger Waters incarnation of the band so far. Barrett's stuff is interesting, though.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange

Post by 3.14159 »

Norman Gunston's; I might be a punk ((but i love you baby).. truly ruley I do!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSOu4cGz08A

and here he is jammin' with a little known US musician frank Zappa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf14Evmx5pg

Apropos of nothing,
.. David, do you know you have the Alcoholics/Narcotics/Gamblers Anonymous prayer as your signature and a giant rat as your avatar?
Last edited by 3.14159 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
laird

Post by laird »

Hillsong, Metallica, Gunners & Linkin Park - music for weekend trip :)
" Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye" ?
David

Post by David »

Roar Power wrote:.. David, do you know you have the Alcoholics/Narcotics/Gamblers Anonymous prayer as your signature and a giant rat as your avatar?
Yes to both! Capybaras are my favourite animals. :D
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Bought in the $7.00 bin at JB today the best of "Stray Cats" for bit of fun:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYiwxM_RVEI
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
stui magpie
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 75 times

Post by stui magpie »

David wrote:Meddle and The Piper at the Gates of Dawn by Pink Floyd. First time I've listened to either, and I have to say I prefer the Roger Waters incarnation of the band so far. Barrett's stuff is interesting, though.
You got something called Ummagumma (sp) by Floyd? It has a part where a fly buzzes around.

I recommend using good headphones or sitting equidistant from the 2 speakers, one either side, and listening to it stoned.Image
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Tannin

Post by Tannin »

stui magpie wrote:You got something called Ummagumma (sp) by Floyd? It has a part where a fly buzzes around.

I recommend using good headphones or sitting equidistant from the 2 speakers, one either side, and listening to it stoned.Image
I have a friend who did that in 1974. So far as I know, he's still there.
�Let's eat Grandma.� Commas save lives!
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

Tannin wrote:
stui magpie wrote:You got something called Ummagumma (sp) by Floyd? It has a part where a fly buzzes around.

I have a friend who did that in 1974. So far as I know, he's still there.
:D :D
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
David

Post by David »

stui magpie wrote:
David wrote:Meddle and The Piper at the Gates of Dawn by Pink Floyd. First time I've listened to either, and I have to say I prefer the Roger Waters incarnation of the band so far. Barrett's stuff is interesting, though.
You got something called Ummagumma (sp) by Floyd? It has a part where a fly buzzes around.

I may well have to try that some time. :mrgreen:

(I've never heard Ummagumma, but I already like the cover!)
Jezza
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

Metallica - One
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆